problem of moving focused cell by arrow key

Dear all:
I have a strange problem in using excel that is not easy to interpret
For example
if the focus cell is c3
it should move to c2 if we hit the up key
and then move to d2 if we hit right key

however, in my situation,
the focused cell will always remain on c3
but the whole worksheet will shift upward and then rightward

It is really not convenient to use, anyone can teach me how to do? thanks a
lot
0
Sean9204 (159)

You're in scroll lock mode.
Hit the scroll lock key again to toggle it off
(Probably an accidental hit earlier)
--
Max
Singapore
"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all:
> I have a strange problem in using excel that is not easy to interpret
> For example
> if the focus cell is c3
> it should move to c2 if we hit the up key
> and then move to d2 if we hit right key
>
> however, in my situation,
> the focused cell will always remain on c3
> but the whole worksheet will shift upward and then rightward
>
> It is really not convenient to use, anyone can teach me how to do? thanks
> lot

0
demechanik (4693)
1/19/2006 6:09:25 AM
Sean,

Check to see if your Scroll Lock is enabled on your keyboard.  If I
turn on Scroll Lock I get the same behavior you described.

0
mlincoln (86)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Still need help
Here's my last dialogue. I'm still unable to clear a cell upon Close Thanks FSt1 ! I'm a novice and need further clarification. The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automati...

How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003?
How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? That need some explaining. Excel genially goes use variables but rather uses cell references. Cells can be given names (such as x) but it is not required. Tell use more about what you wish to accomplish best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Givens" <Givens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ACE70A4-D4EC-4B79-8552-B7BA11BE9B38@microsoft.com... > How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? Put a 1 into any cell - let'...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

lowest Digit Cell...
hello what's the formula to use when i have 20 cells with digits & i want to get the lowest digit on those 20 cells, in a different cell ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ i ment like If A1 is 8.02 A2 is 8.24 A3 is 9.79 A4 is 7.09 A5 is 7.15 & Cell C1 suppose to Show 7.09 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: C1: =MIN(A1:A5) In article <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com>, Pivotrend <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > i ment like If > > A1 is 8.02 > A2 is 8.24 > A3 is 9.79 > ...

How to copy maps and inserted arrows in OneNote.
In OneNote, I inserted a Mapquest neighborhood map. I put a red arrow to point out my house. When I copy the map to my yahoo email, the red arrow doesn't paste. Any ideas? Can I group all the objects to become one? You could screen grab it (Windows Key + S) to the clipboard and then paste that image into your Yahoo mail. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "ggilmore48" <ggilm...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Directory Replication Problem #2

Move AR/AP Historical Info
Is there a tool to move historical AR and AP information from one company database to another in GP9? What about Collections Management notes? We have two company databases. One company was purchased a few years ago as a separate, wholly-owned subsidiary. It will become part of the other company at the beginning of our new fiscal year (April 1). To make it easier for our GP users, I'd like to move the history over along with the open AR & AP transactions and Collections notes so that they don't have to switch back to the closed company database to look up historical info...

Resource editor problems

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...

AutoFilter.Range Visible Cells to Array?
The below snippet worked for me when I wanted to transfer an AutoFilter.Range of visible cells only to an Array. The code is a bit crude but this is the only way I could get it to work after many different trials. Is there a more efficient way? Thanks Dennis ====================================================================== dim myArr as variant dim rng1 as range, FRng as range dim LastCol as long, FRows as long LastCol = .Sheets(1).Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column <snip AutoFilter code> With Sheets(1).AutoFilter.Range Set rng1 = .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellType...