problem in retrieving data from excel report

i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when he sent
those files as attachments ,i could not see the data but some code was
there.the version that i have is excel 9.0.

could you please tell me where the problem is .

Regards,

kanth.
0
Kanth (2)

kanth

Could you open the files, but looks like gibberish?

Have your friend send the email with attachments as "Plain Text" not RTF

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:57:03 -0800, "kanth" <kanth@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>i have reports in excel 11.0 ver on one of my friend computer.when he sent
>those files as attachments ,i could not see the data but some code was
>there.the version that i have is excel 9.0.
>
>could you please tell me where the problem is .
>
>Regards,
>
>kanth.

0
Gord

List of DDE commands for Excel
Hi, I wont to send some commands from my application to Excel via DDE. Fo example : to select specific sheet in the excel workbook I use nex command - [WORKBOOK.SELECT("sheet-name")]. But I can't find the list of all these commands. Please help me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have a look in the object browser in the excel visual basi editor it will have a list of the VB commands excel will accept and i you hit F1 on them it will tell you what they do and usually giv syntax. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 2 DNF Karran Th...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Item History Report
I have modified the item movement history report to get an essential output for my client, who's main concern when purchasing is on the history of the item (needs to know when, who, quantitiy, and multi currency + exchange rate at time). The reason i modded the Item movement history report is because it is easy accessible from the purchase order (although he has to double click on the item to bring up the item form and then click on the report button, which brings up the default filer for the itemlookup code in question). The only issue with this report is that it brings up a filte...

How do I link data workbooks to a create a graph?
I am attempting to take workbooks from the last 4 months, each with a daily data sheet, and link Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. to time of day and staffing levels. I want the final result to be charts that show the relationship between staffing levels, incoming call volume, and time of day. hi Andrea, Many things are possible in Excel & I'd say that you could probably find a way of linking all the workbooks. However, I think any "easier" approach would involve opening each file & copying the data from each sheet in each file to a single sheet in one file (with...

pop3 connector mail retrieval schedule
Greetings I have enabled the pop3 connector for Exchange on a Small Business Server 2003 installation. Everything works beautifully on the Outlook 2003 (client) side with pop mail sending and receiving except for one unexpected glitch. I can only set the connector to retrieve mail from the pop server at a minimum of every 15 minutes. Why was this done and is there any way to overcome this serious inconvenience. Thanks in advance to anyone who might answer. There's no way to change the SBS pop connector polling interval. Is there some reason you really need to keep the POP conn...

Excel copy and paste #2
Excel 2000 1) there are times when I can only paste values and not formulas from one workbook to another even though I am using Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste process. 2) there are times when I cannot copy and paste between workbooks launched from Edit/Copy, Edit/paste, or CTRL C, CTRL V or from shortcut menu. The only way is to use the clipboard which does not copy formulas. we have referred to 209338 and 209284 but the stated solution doesn't always work. ...

Problem with Authentication

How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003?
How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? That need some explaining. Excel genially goes use variables but rather uses cell references. Cells can be given names (such as x) but it is not required. Tell use more about what you wish to accomplish best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Givens" <Givens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ACE70A4-D4EC-4B79-8552-B7BA11BE9B38@microsoft.com... > How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? Put a 1 into any cell - let'...

calendar problem

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

Report Writer Logo Printing
I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-through printer software that would allow printing of higher-quality logos. It is a workaround for people that did not find the logo printing of RW suitable. I cannot think of the name or find the software. A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Found it! Software is called fineprint. It was mentioned on Musgraves blog. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/17/company-logos-on-reports.aspx "Mike" wrote: > I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-thr...

Copy Filtered Data
I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13 with headers and having a variable ending row. My filter criteria is Column 1 not blank and Column 11 ="s". I would like to copy the filtered date (No headers) to another work book beginning in BE3. Thanks! Hi, Once the data is filtered, highlight it, press CTRL + G, special, visible cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want the information and press CTRL + V "sailor4life61@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13 > wi...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

sync problems

AS400 transfer into Excel 07
When I run the "transfer from AS400" I get to the final process where its pulling the data into excel, excel crashes with a fatal error. Any help.... This is the same issue I am having. see KB933666. I installed Office 2003 service Pack 3 on all my office machines and the new service pack features security fixes that block all *.wk4 files. This is the same patch that has been applied to Office 2007. This is the format, I think your are exporting out of the AS400. If it is, I would uninstall office 2007, make sure the folder is deleted then reinstall Office 2007 after a reb...

how to skip a column when entering data?
On one worksheet, for the sake of appearance Column B contains a calculated amount, which is the product of Column A and Column C. Is there a way to skip to column C when entering the data in Column A without doing it manually? Thanks, Godzilla This will give you the idea. right click on sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 2 And Target.Column = 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(, 2).Select End Sub "Godzilla" <Godzilla@monster.org> wrote in message news:MPG.19e3d6a7ae92e03398971a@news....

Date problem

data return based on two criteria
Hello, I have the following data in excel A2:A5 - cells are merged and contains partnumber (alpha numeric & numeric) C1:AF1 - DATE C2 - initial stock (number) C3 - receipts data (number) C4 - production (number) C5 = available stock (C2+C3)-C4 Similar data is maintained for 25 partnumbers I would like to have a sheet where the users can input date & partnumber and get available stock data. Your help will be highly appreciated. Regards, Jimmy Joseph Hello, Help please! Jimmy Joseph <jimmy.joseph@in.bosch.com> wrote in news:Xns97DB7A8693AB8jimmyjosephinboschco@clien...

Data Ribbon disabled
I'm trying to do a "what-if analysis" for my beginning Excel class and when I click on the appropriate cell and then the Data ribbon, all of the options are greyed out. While struggling with this, I noticed the options on the Insert ribbon are also greyed out but the other tabs are fine. I appreciate any insight. Hi, Check the Review tab, the worksheet may be protected. Check you do not have multiple sheets selected, [Group] will be displayed in the title bar is you have. Cheers Andy Akcath wrote: > I'm trying to do a "what-if analysis"...

Installation Problem!!