Probelms printing

I'm having a problem printing workbooks in excel xp, the
text is not printing in the cell.  The first two rows are
fine but as the work sheet progresses each row prints
slightly higher so that by the end of the worksheet the
last row has moved an entire row.  When I look at the
worksheet in print preview everything is fine and if I
send the file to someone else in the office to print it
prints fine.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling
just excel & then all of office.  I'm printing to an HP
5si.
Please help!

0
anonymous (74717)

Just a guess...

Are you and the other person using the same printer driver (for the same version
of windows)???

If no, how about visiting the HP web site and downloading new drivers?

Might be worth a try anyway.

(and you're both printing to the same physical printer--there's no hardware
problem with just your printer???)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Printing a poster #2
I am able to print a poster size of 24 x 48 org chart, the paper printed fine, except my org chart is very small on the paper. How do you get the org chart to fit the page? I went into format - auto fit - best fit, but it still prints in a small area of the page. Thanks, Your poster should print tiled unless you have a large format printer. Don't use auto fit if you don't have a large format printer. Publisher will tile your poster and you will have to tape/glue it altogether. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

Hyperlink probelm
I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other worksheet. e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted the row). I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about 30 hyperlinks!!! ...

Print/not print sales tax
Our Acct Dept wants to enter sales tax for payables... "so that it is not included in the check amount but on the balance sheet only." As they explained is the invoice is for $10.00 and should be taxed at 7% (for a total of $10.70) they'd like the check to print $10.00, but $10.70 carried over to GL and/or .70 to appear as tax. It would have to be optional though, some vendors include sales tax and some don't. Thanks for your help. Actually, you would have to modify the check report to subtract the tax amount. In this way, if the vendor charges taxes, like in your e...

How to print last page of checking?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some select number of pages, which is useless since you have no idea which page you are on. Thanks, Brett Try a customized transactions by account report. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1135959824.960676.265200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I > print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some > select number of page...

Printer won't print from Word
XP Installed new cartridges in Lexmark 1200 Poor quality test page Directed to install new drivers - no difference in test page Uninstalled printer and reinstalled - no difference in test page Tried to print Word document - printer appears to work but page is blank Decided to change color of print in "Word" - page still blank Clicked on "find printer" in dialog box Received notice "Directory Unavailable" What now? Have spent a lot of time on this. This doesn't seem to be a Word question. But since the problem started with installing the n...

Print Server
does Microsoft have a tool to copy printers from a print server to another server. I want to be able to use the 2d server as a backup server. "sowbug" <sowbug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6307D40A-CD8E-4B68-9F10-62E016FED2D9@microsoft.com... > does Microsoft have a tool to copy printers from a print server to another > server. I want to be able to use the 2d server as a backup server. Ask in a server or administration group. This group is for Visual Basic. ...

Print specific pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C4BC68.0EE81D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to print specific pages like one can do in Word? = Example, print pages 1, 4, 6, 8 out of a 10 page document. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C4BC68.0EE81D10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-...

Archiving Probelms
Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function though it ryuns klike the previous version. Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 > Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function > though it ryuns klike the previous version. Are you sure the modification dates (not the received dates) of the items you're expecting to be archived are older than the archive date you've chosen? -- Brian Tillman ...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

Why does header in print view not print?
Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only footer is seen and this is all that prints. See if header contents have been inadvertently formatted as hidden (Font dialog box). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "cindywhite" <cindywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2B2E67-50BF-4AA0-B051-E4D155C0FC0A@microsoft.com... > Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these > headers. Header and footer viewable in print ...

print A3greeting cards
I want to print a top fold (quarter fold) greeting card but when I set it up in page layout and print layout it prints the pages in the wrng order and some upside down. any tips The images are upside down because when you fold the card the pictures will be in the correct position. See here: Celebrate the holidays by using Publisher greeting cards http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/publisher/HA102449461033.aspx?pid=CH100487781033 Scroll way to the bottom of the article to get the folding instructions. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.c...

Problem printing with Epson Color Stylus 670
I get the following error when trying to print - Publisher cannot print this Publication. To print composite CMYK or separations, you must use a printer driver that is set to output Post Script language Level 2 or later. I am using an Epson Color Stylus 670 and I have installed the lastest drivers for this printer. Any tips? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594&Product=pub It is really not necessary to post multiple messages to multiple groups. "zunis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11e801c4263f$17e97ef0$a1...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

printing formulas #2
I am trying to print the formulas that I created in a worksheet. Does anyone know how to do that? Alfonso, Flip to formula view (Ctrl-` - left next toe the keyboard numbers), and then just print it. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alfonso" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E94F456-31DC-4C50-9643-5C5AFA95E95E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print the formulas that I created in a worksheet. Does anyone know how to do that? Bob, Which ...

print screen
I have an HP notebook and MS 2007. My PRT SC is button is also the INSERT button. when I hit PRT SC and paste it into a WORD doc, it is unable to copy it. Any thoughts? I also tried ALT PRT SC, still nothing. Thanks On Jan 28, 2:28=A0pm, Ting <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an HP notebook and MS 2007. My PRT SC is button is also the INSERT > button. when I hit PRT SC and paste it into a WORD doc, it is unable to c= opy > it. Any thoughts? I also tried ALT PRT SC, still nothing. > Thanks On my HP you have to press the function key (the boxed fn ...

suppressing printing of report page
I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the onnodata event but that code doesn't seem to fit this situation. Can anybody give me advice on how to do this? Thanks for all help in advance. Dave hedgracer wrote: >I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to >suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net >income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the >onnodata event ...

Outlook error trying to print other users calendar
I have a user who gets errors when they try to print other users calendars. The error is "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. It the problem persists, restart Outlook. I have done this and nothing helps. I have tried starting in safe mode and still get the same error. I have applied service pack 1 to office and still receive the error. The user said they could do this yesterday. Overnight her computer was upgraded from office xp to office 2003, but she already had Outlook 2003 so that was not upgraded. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks, Mike I'm havin...

probelm with a loop
hi, I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me wrong results. My code follows: For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count If i <= 5 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 6 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 10 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf i = 11 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 12 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:...

Print Dialog
I am trying to automate the Manufacturing Component Transaction entry process. Everything is working fine (finally) except after I post I get the print dialog box. Is there any way to automatically select an option (either OK or Cancel)? I can't use the ModalDialog events because I believe this is a system dialog box. I would try to use SendKeys, but the timing might be off. Please advise... ...

probelms with attaching files and saving files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am using a mac mini running 10.4.11 with an intel processor. office for the Mac 2004 11.5.3 My email is gmail. The problem is this. When I try and attach and attach a word or excel file to an email and sometimes just copying these files to a data memory chip The attachment is saved as (application/octet-stream)43R instead of either a word or excelfile. Then when it it sent and an attempt is made to down load and open the file a dialog box says this is a binary file and sometimes has a mpeg icon and can not be opened ....

Viewing / Printing Comments Only
Is there a way in Word 2007/2010 to only view & print inserted comments and the text in the document they refer to? -- DMiller ...

printing formula version and values togheter
How can I print formulas and values togheter froma excel worksheet? http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/t= hread/dc01a20c427d5902/566f0705ec7b3578?lnk=3Dst&q=3Dexcel+print+formula+= and+values&rnum=3D2&hl=3Den#566f0705ec7b3578 Epinn "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2CB458B9-FF66-4726-939D-9C94E7E6A29C@microsoft.com... How can I print formulas and values togheter froma excel worksheet? You could go with a John Walkenbach macro posted below which places all formulas, values and addresses on a ...

set the print area print multiple tabs
I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual pdf's. If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to set the print area. I think there are two issues: 1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time 2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they each become their own .pdf? Is there another way to batch print different tabs? Help Me Automate!! Please! veng The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll addres...

Printing presentation without animations
How do I print a presentation without the animations I have in it? I think the in built option to do this went after 2000. Shyam Pillai has a free addin Capture Show which will do it though. http://skp.mvps.org/cshow.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Maureen D." wrote: > How do I print a presentation without the animations I have in it? ...