probably a simple table problem

Hi there.

Ok, I have a table with 5 columns which I keep the data in.

On another sheet I want a table which arranges the data from that tabl
in ascending order, and throws out the values which have a 0 in it.

Here's an example

Barn - 1 - 0 - 1 - 2
farm - 0 - 2 - 1 - 0
firm - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0

A drop-down list picks if you arrange the data depending on column 2
3, 4 or 5.  Column 1 is never listed as a choice (of course, as it'
just the name for the thing).

Let's say we pick column 1, then the table I want puts firm at the top
then barn, and doesn't show farm.

How can I do this?

You could use Data/Filter/Autofilter.
select Custom from the dropdown at the top and set the filter to ..
"does not equal" ...... 0. Copy and paste to another sheet.

You could use Advanced Filter to copy to another sheet with colum
criteria <>0.
See Excel Help for this

BrianB:  thanks for replying.  However, I'm not sure that that is a
relevant thing.

Here's a run-down of what I want.

On one sheet, I want my original table, which I add to or edit perhaps
once a week or so.  I don't want any changes or anything done to it.
It's supposed to be edited by me, and nothing else.

Next, on another sheet I want an instance table of the original table.
This table could have the data-list thingy on it.. however I want a
drop-down-list which selects what column to arrange the table to
(highest value first, lowest values last), and then removes any values
which are 0.  How can I do this?

How do I make an instance of the original table?

And my second question, how do I make a drop-down-list choose which
column to arrange the instanced table to?

I don't care if I need to do this in 2 or even 3 tables, just as long
as it gets done so it works.

Thanks for any replies.
K.

---

Simple configuration question
To All: I would like to change information that I entered during the configuration wizard phase of the install. Specifically, I need to call the companies I do business with "Accounts" instead of "Vendors." I don't see anywhere in the settings where I can change this. Should I just reset the flag in the registry and rerun the configuration wizard, or is there more to it? I have no data in the system yet. Regards, Russ Go to Settings, Customization and Double click on the Vendor Entity (it's schema name will be account). Change it's name in the property wi...

PIVOT TABLE #38
hI ...

workaround for non normalized table
I've inherited a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. Until I can convince the general manager that I can normalize the data without losing any records, I've got to have a workaround for certain situations. Namely, I need to ensure that data is not being badly reproduced at various stages of our operations. I would therefore like to reference the information directly from the main table in order to populate certain information in related tables. In this case, the main table uses [Order Number] as its primary key, and ties it to a bunch of information like ...

Probability
Hi Everyone, please help me solve this 20 people are invited to pick a random number between 1 and 100. Fin the probability that, out of the 20 random numbers selected, that ther are exactly 18 different numbers. Thank you so much for solving i -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi is this homework :-) >-----Original Message----- >Hi Everyone, please help me solve this > >20 people are invited to pick a random number between 1 and 100. Find >the probability that, out of the 20 random numbers selected, that there >are exactly 18 different numbers. > &g...

additional Print Preview problem in 2002
Still having problems with Prt Preview after dragging all objects in the scratch area to the outside edges. (by the way, this fix worked, but then partially reverted) PROBLEM: One page of 8 has a hoizontal line and a shaded text box that I can not eliminate. They do not seem to relate to this document, but could they be hang-overs in the template that I am using? If yes, what can I do besides start over? Thanks for the help Jim ...

A simple Stuiped Question
I'm trying to install a CommandButton on one of my spread sheets. I formatting the CommandButton I do most everything like change the colors, Text, Fonts, and Size. but I have not found where to install where the CommandButton is to go to, like cell number. I know it seems to be a foolish question, that I am ashamed to asking, but help please Charlie Using Windows 7, Excel 2003 Right-click on the button and select Properties. Top and Left will give you the position on the screen. Turn on the macro recorder while creating a button from the Control Toolbox to get placement code. Gord...

Simple Formula to delete every other row
Is there a simple formula that will allow me to delete every other row? any help would be appreciated You can't delete rows with a formula. You need a macro something like this for i = cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row,"a") to 2 step -2 rows(i).delete next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sandman" <darrin@restel.net> wrote in message news:ceb9fn025j8@enews2.newsguy.com... > > Is there a simple formula that will allow me to delete every other row? any > help would be appreciated > > Thanks -- > You ca...

rename AD user account creates problem with autocomplete in Outloo
After renaming an Active Directory user account, the new user name and the new Exchange mailbox works correctly almost everywhere, but there is a problem in the autocomplete feature of the client Outlook 2003. OLD USER jgoulding OLD EMAIL jgoulding@cemins.com OLD ALIAS jgoulding OLD DISPLAY NAME Jessica Goulding OLD AUTOCOMPLETE Jessica Goulding <jgoulding> NEW USER jwalter NEW EMAIL jwalter@cemins.com NEW ALIAS jwalter NEW DISPLAY NA...

I could probably look this up but
Hi, I could probably find this somewhere but end of year financials am really tired and this will probably get me an answer before I can find the solution. I copied a sheet from another book to use in the new year financials but now every time I open the new book it asks if I want to update the linked book. I have to answer "no" every time. How do I copy a sheet from an old book in the ended financial year and use it in the new year without this happening? and can I turn off the link somehow in the already copied sheet? Thanks to anyone who can help. Mel In Excel 2003 ...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

Cell disply 0.0001 for 1... anybody solve this problem
Hi every body I'm a new member to this forum. I've a prbleb. In Excel 2002, if I type a value 1 in any of the cell, the cell displays 0.0001 and for 2 it'll display 0.0002 and if I type 100 it'l display .01, but if I type 1. it will display 1. Why it is happening ? Any body please tell me how to overcome this problem -- shashidharga ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shashidharga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14922 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=2655...

HELP!!!Database tables list
Can someone explain me how i can obtain the list of tables contained in a mdb files opening it at run-time by user, so that i can show the list in a list control ? in other words i need a VC++ app that let the user choose different mdb or dsn and open them showing the contents in tables...but i must handle all the process dinamically so i need open files or dsn then know the list o f tables contained else how could i open them and show result? take a look at the OLEDB interfaces. I know this exists, because several years ago we considered using OLEDB and Access databases. For a variety...

report problem 04-29-10
I have a database that tracks student parking stickers. The make and modle of car is selected from a combo box that uses a table as its lookup ie. users selects Ford in Make then in Modle the only see teh ford modles and select one there. The make is stored in the studnet information as a number ie 1 stands for Ford 23 for Toyota and so on. My question is when I create report on the student table it displays the number in the make field not the name of the make. How do I get it to refer back and pull the name of the make? boy this rambles that happens when you are doing too...

tables from snapshot file
Is there any way to get list of tables from snapshot file using SMO or some other API? Tnx __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4721 (20091228) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Can you define what you mean by "snapshot file"? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Johnson" <Johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eA70Jp7hKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl....

Problem with professional Service Tools
I am having issues with the item modifier in the tools. It gives an error looking for SVC00310 when we do not even use Service Advantage. i set up a test company with a copy of our live data and went into SQL maintenance and added the tables for ServceAdvantage and it works. Does anyone know of any issues with adding all the tables for Service Advanatge even though we do not use the module? We are on GP8 with all the latest service packs running on SQL2000 with all the latest service packs. We are getting ready to upgrade to V9 here in a couple of months and don't want any surprise...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

From form to table
Hello, I have a form that will calculate all of my grade averages. Is there anyway to get data from a form back into a table that already has an expression in the control source field? Any Help would be greatly appriciated. Jeff, Given that you captured the grades into your table, it's not advisable to store the average. A general rule is... don't save a calculated value that can be "rederived" from the elements already stored in your table. You would, instead, recalculate the averages, "on the fly", in any subsequent form, query or report. -- hth A...

How to calculate probability
Column a is a list of possible results that can be generated by the use of 4 six sided dice together ranging from 4-24. What I want to calculate in column B is the number of combinations that the dice can produce that would total to any given result. How do I do this? Can I do this? Assuming fair dice 4 can occur only if each die shows a 1: prob=1/6^4 5 can occur if 1 die shows 2 and the rest show 1: prob=COMBIN(4,1)/6^4 6 can occur if 1 die shows 3 and the rest show 1: prob=COMBIN(4,1)/6^4 or if 2 dice show 2 and the rest show 1: prob=COMBIN(4,2)/6^4 (add the two probabilities) 7...

Pivot Table Linking
Hi I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. I am quite new to using excel and tend to learn from working throug things on my own and using tips on site like this to try and point m in the right direction. I have managed to create some pivot tables and several rows below thi I have a table feeding from this information which ultimately feed through to a summary page. My problem is that when the pivot tabl increases or decrease in rows numbers (it won't ever increase in colum numbers) the table below does not recognise this. I have not fixed the formula in the lower tables, Is ...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables? Thks Written for Excel 2003 but is basically the same: <http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051995861033.aspx?pid=CH010004561 033> HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article 59bb8809.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "MPJ@officeformac.com" <MPJ@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC > How do I c...

Business Portal Query for KPI of 3rd Party Tables or Database
I would like to add a suggestion that from the Business Portal Query the user should be able to make queries of databases other than Great Plains whether it is in the same server or another server of GP so it can be used in the Business Portal KPI application, doing so will eliminate the clients that they have to look for other KPI solutions along with the BP KPI in order to build their complete KPI structure for their Business applications, at the moment if there is a need to use a KPI system for an organization they cant ONLY depend on the BP KPI as this feature is not available ----...

Probability?
Is there any formula to calculate the probability or odds of a set o numbers. For example if you have 10 numbers that represent lets sa horses, ranked in descending order and want to figure out the odds o the top number winning the race and the odds of the remaining contenders can that be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ignoring the possibility of ties, there are 10! ways to order the 10 horses. If the horses are interchangeable, then the probability of a particular order finish would be 1/(10!). In reality, the horses in a race are rarely interchangeable; there...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Link Cells (Clone? Mirror?) Should be simple (I think)
Very New to Excel I want one cell to be a "clone" of another (my choice of word). That is to say I can change the content of either cell and the other will change. If I have "John" in cell A1 I want "John" in B1 but I want to be able to change either and have the other follow. Is this possible? I know I can type in B1 "=A1" but then I HAVE to modify A1 if I want them both to change rather than being able to modify either for them to change. That way I can have 5-6 worksheets that all show the same data but in a different way but I can use any on...