printing specific columns

Hi

Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6 columns
and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
formulation.

Thanks
Rick

0
fayetpd1 (1)

Hide those you don't want to print

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Fayette" <fayetpd@powersupply.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6
columns
> and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
> formulation.
>
> Thanks
> Rick

0
Don
7/13/2004 12:31:18 PM
Fayette

Hide the columns you don't want printed.

Record a macro while selecting, hiding and printing what you want.

Alternative.........

Hide the columns then go to View>Custom Views and give a name to the view
including print settings.

When you want to print, just select that view.

See also the Report Manager for using custom views in reports.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:26:46 -0400, "Fayette" <fayetpd@powersupply.net> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6 columns
>and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
>formulation.
>
>Thanks
>Rick

0
Gord
7/13/2004 3:30:40 PM
Or if you have managed to arrange the columns so that they are
contiguous.     File, Print,  Selection

But only printing 3 columns brings up another point -- wasting paper
with a lot of each sheet empty vs.  spending more time to snake columns
on the page. to use less paper.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snake.col
---
HTH,

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote ...
> Hide those you don't want to print

> "Fayette" <fayetpd@powersupply.net> wrote
> > Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6
> columns
> > and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
> > formulation.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rick

0
dmcritchie (2586)
7/13/2004 3:41:25 PM
you can also just highlight the area you want to print and hit file
print area > set print area and it will only print tha

That's the same as selection.

"Byers >" <<Byers.19fxh1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Byers.19fxh1@excelforum-nospam.com...
> you can also just highlight the area you want to print and hit file >
> print area > set print area and it will only print that

0
dmcritchie (2586)
7/15/2004 5:45:51 PM
I tried to do the same thing and I couldn't get them to be side by side.
Instead, it printed all of column A on its own and then all of column G on
its own.  How do I get them to print side by side?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Fayette
>
> Hide the columns you don't want printed.
>
> Record a macro while selecting, hiding and printing what you want.
>
> Alternative.........
>
> Hide the columns then go to View>Custom Views and give a name to the view
> including print settings.
>
> When you want to print, just select that view.
>
> See also the Report Manager for using custom views in reports.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:26:46 -0400, "Fayette" <fayetpd@powersupply.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6 columns
> >and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
> >formulation.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Rick

0
Challeen (1)
9/16/2004 6:23:06 PM
Hi Karin

Clear your print area
File>Print area

Then it will do what you want

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Karin Challeen" <Karin Challeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to do the same thing and I couldn't get them to be side by side.
> Instead, it printed all of column A on its own and then all of column G on
> its own.  How do I get them to print side by side?
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Fayette
>>
>> Hide the columns you don't want printed.
>>
>> Record a macro while selecting, hiding and printing what you want.
>>
>> Alternative.........
>>
>> Hide the columns then go to View>Custom Views and give a name to the view
>> including print settings.
>>
>> When you want to print, just select that view.
>>
>> See also the Report Manager for using custom views in reports.
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:26:46 -0400, "Fayette" <fayetpd@powersupply.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Is there a way to print just selected columns? I have a sheet with 6 columns
>> >and I want to print 3 of them, the others are just for reference and
>> >formulation.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Rick

0
rondebruin (3789)

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

distributing paid amount to specific months
i have a table tblFundAccruals w/ field names IndexNum, PID, Month, DueAmount. .. these amounts will be accrued every month plus the unpaid amount in arrears during the past years... my problem is when a certain PID goes to pay an amount for example 500, how can i possibly allocate this amount to his monthly dues.. example, if his dues look like this: IndexNum PID Month Due 1 23 in arrears 200 2 23 Jan 100 3 23 Feb 100 how can i distribu...

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

Problems with printing

Vlookup with a specific item
Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.: A B C emp. no. Start date Edu 1 01/01/90 Dip 1 01/01/95 Deg 2 01/01/82 Cert 2 01/01/86 Dip 2 01/01/90 Deg How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date? Thanks in advance. Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice ...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Right Filling A Formula Whilst Keeping A Static Column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7). I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc. Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance. Regards, Kevin -- kevtherev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kevtherev's Profile: http://w...

Printing in Vista

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Count duplicates where the next column contains specific text
I need to write a formula which counts the number of unique entries i columnA where the corresponding entries in columnB contain a specifi string of text (ie *text*). Can anyone help with an answer to this problem or is it impossible t do in excel -- ar061 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ar0618's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3109 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50762 =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="text",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT(" 1:"&...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Insert cell text every 5 rows in a column
I need to go from this: apple orange widget 7845 santa 34blue test witch never 45hold 74more to this: apple orange widget 7845 santa TEXT 34blue test witch never 45hold TEXT 74more Anyone know how to do this? Regards Mike See your original pos -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3383 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56846 Sub InsertRow() Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, &...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Ac
I have crm 3.0 and sql 2005 on separate servers. When I select Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contacte the system administrator. The SQL 2005 is 64 bits on Windows 2003 64 bits. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm....