Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets

I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe
to be specific to each worksheet set.

For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu
header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages.  Each shee
contains multiple pages.

If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee
to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i
Page Setup.  No problem there.

However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"?  Fo
example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first page fo
Sheet 1 to read "Page 1 of 4 Pages" (when there are 4 pages in thi
sheet), Sheet 2 to read "Page 1 of 3 Pages", and Sheet 3 to read "Pag
1 of 7 Pages".  The best I get right now is that each Sheet reads Pag
X of 14 Pages" (the total of all pages in the print job.

Any ideas?  This would be a huge time saver for me

Hi Greenguitar,

> Any ideas?  This would be a huge time saver for me.

I guess a macro would do:

Sub PrintSheets()
    Dim oSH as Worksheet
    For Each oSH in Activeworkbook.Worksheets
        oSH.Printout
    Next
End Sub

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)

Call a Sub from another Worksheet
I can't seem to get this to work: Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open("z:\journal entry.xlsm") Application.Run wb.Name & "!CreateSubmittal" The Sub CreateSubmittal is designated as "Public Sub CreateSubmittal()" or not. The Sub is in the THisWorkbook object or Module1. Neither works. Ideas? Thanks! Hi Mike, It's all in the Quote marks. Note the Apotrophe enclosed in double quotes on both ends of the file name variable. Application.Run "'" & wb.Name & "'" & "!CreateSub...

printing copies

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

How to assign a username to multiple exchange profiles
Hi, I have a Windows XP PC with Outlook 03. (Although I also have this same problem on another PC with Outlook 07). I have two different emails on two separate exchange hosts. I have created two Mail Profiles and attached one email to each. When I open Outlook, I am prompted to select which Profile to use, and then I am prompted for a username and password. The username is already filled in, i.e. guessed by Windows/ Outlook. The password ALWAYS needs to be typed in. The problem is that Outlook/ Windows always guesses the username as the last one used. This means, if I clo...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Multiple Bar Chart Formats
How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts that make the summary)? For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4 categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on one chart. I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your question. Set up your data ...

Printing in Vista

Formula/Macro to tally up numbers in Excel
I have a list of numbers in a column, e.g. :- 1 4 6 1 35 14 15 15 2 1 6 6 1 19 15 5 and want the computer to work out for me, how many times number x has turned up in column B? I presume this is possible with a function/macro within excel fairly easily? Any advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Please prefably reply in the newsgroup, or via email to "newshelp@the-core.freeserve.co.uk.DELETE", removing the .DELETE from the end of my address. Thanks, Mark Pyne Hi Have a look at COUNTIF() and try something like: =COUNTIF(B:B,1) to count how many 1s there ...

Sales Return with Lot Number
Hi All, I have spent almost 4 days now tryingt o figure out whats wrong, search every document realated to Sales Return , SOP Integration...... but of no help.... I am trying to integrate the Returns in SOP Transaction Entry Screen using Integration Manager. we are running GP10 with SP1. Issue Example: Item No: TEST101 UofMSchedule: EACH UofMSchedule Master Table: EACH = 1 = EACH CASE = 10 = EACH PACK = 20 = EACH I am able to integrate all the items with lot as return Returned Qty = On Hand. if the item UOM = EACH (which is actullay Base UOM). But if the same item is returned in C...

Access Input Mask for phone number
What is a phone number input mask that would result in the first case 916.723.5828 and second case if 916 is not entered 723.5828 notice the first "." is left off. "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4830038-5478-4859-B5AD-70C5311EDF1F@microsoft.com... > What is a phone number input mask that would result in the first case > 916.723.5828 and second case if 916 is not entered 723.5828 notice the > first > "." is left off. "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...