Printing only rows with value in certain column

Does anyone know a way that I can print only rows that have a value in a
certain column? I have a large spreadsheet that I print often and would
like to be able to print only the rows with a value in column M.

---

Hi
see:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"willmain >" <<willmain.1buqpn@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:willmain.1buqpn@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Does anyone know a way that I can print only rows that have a value
in a
> certain column? I have a large spreadsheet that I print often and
would
> like to be able to print only the rows with a value in column M.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
8/31/2004 12:15:52 PM
I can't get this to work. Any other ideas? I simply want the rows wit
an empty cell in column M to not print

Hi
what exactly have you tried and what does exactly not work :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"willmain >" <<willmain.1bvcdu@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:willmain.1bvcdu@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I can't get this to work. Any other ideas? I simply want the rows
with
> an empty cell in column M to not print.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
8/31/2004 8:07:30 PM
Apply data|filter|autofilter to that column (or the whole range).

Then use the dropdown to show only the non-blanks.

Print, then Data|filter|showalldata.

"willmain <" wrote:

> Does anyone know a way that I can print only rows that have a value in a
> certain column? I have a large spreadsheet that I print often and would
> like to be able to print only the rows with a value in column M.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Insert row(s) with vba
I'd appreciate some help to determine if I'm attempting the impossible... We have a workbook to generate proposals. Each proposal contains numerous sections. Each section has many line items. The first item in section 1 is numbered 01-001, the next 01-002 etc. The 01 is the section number, the 001 is the item number. Iuse the formula:- =CONCATENATE((TEXT($A$2,"00")),"-",(TEXT((RIGHT(OFFSET(A5,-1,0),3)+1),"000"))) to automatically generate the item number row by row. The value in $A$2 is the section number. This way I can use vba to insert a ro...

Replace values in chart
I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked to another sheet (Sheet B). I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl H, wherein you replace all? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Make a copy of the first workbook, copy the data from sheet B onto sheet A, and the charts will now display the new data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, In...

printing copies

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

Copy buttons by rows
I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles there is another way... -- Optitro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically?
Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a formula or a macro t run on a column in my worksheet that says basically IF COLUMN D SAY JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR = GREEN, IF COLUMN D = SALLY SMITH, THEN COLOR RED, IF COLUMN D SAYS MIKE IKE, THEN COLOR = BLUE. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :confused -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Look at Conditional Formatting in...

Create row lower border that looks like "accountant single" underline?
I'm trying to format a spreadsheet so that a row has a lower border that looks like the "accountant single" underline - something like this: ___________ __________ _________ ________ instead of a continuous line like this: ________________________________________ Is it possible to do this as a border? The accountant-single underline (applied as a font attribute) only displays if there is data in the cell, and I want it to be there whether or not there is any data. Many thanks for any help with this. Edward Mendelson "Edward Mendelson" <edward_mendelson@z...

Ghosted print and print preview

code wild card value for form variable
i use a check box in an option group to generate a specific value for a variable. using the following code If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 2 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "Roch" End If If Forms![fee sched form]![select region] = 3 Then Forms![fee sched form]![region var] = "CNY" End If this variable is hidden on the form and value is used a query. how do i code this, so i can put "*" in the variable and thereby get all values in the query? the query code generates like "*" but i do not know how to code via the fo...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Number to Text Value
Hey, I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 (YES) from a tickbox in Access. Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in another column. 0 = NO or FALSE 1 = YES OR TRUE Thanks in Advance. "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C7FAFC78-67BA-4747-905D-497AF99727DB@microsoft.com: > Hey, > > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 > (YES) from a tickbox in Access. > > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word ...

highlight row #2
Is there any way to have excel automatically highlight the row of a selected cell ? TIA Ben '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .Weig...

Default Date Value
How do I get a record create date to automatically fill in on a field in that record as the default value? -- BigK9 In your table you could set the default value to the field as =Date() or set the default value of your field on the form to =Date() "BigK9" <BigK9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B260C6E-2672-4E87-813F-1D15AE6CB806@microsoft.com... > How do I get a record create date to automatically fill in on a field in > that > record as the default value? > -- > BigK9 I recommend making it the default value of the field in the tabl...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION
Hi, I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION" error when I run a query that has an expression in it. I'm using linked (ODBC from iSeries) tables and I think it is because the data type is set to decimal but I can't change it because it is a linked table. Any suggestions. On Sep 7, 12:14 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is your expression? > > Steve > > > > "James" wrote: > > Hi, > > > I'm getting a "SCALING OF DECIMAL VALUE RESULTED IN DATA TRUNCATION&quo...

Find Date in range and scroll down to next row
I have a sheet(1) frozen in A4. Want a code to do the following: Sheet(1) Range(k:k) If date = today then select row font.color. index = 15 scroll down to next row (next row and below visible). How do I solve? Do you want to simply loop through all the occupied cells in column K and color the entire row if the date = today? I don't understand the "next row and below visible". What is visible and what is not visible? Post back and provide more info. HTH Otto "tomjoe" <tomjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC40BBCF-E3...