Printing hidden rows or columns

Is it possible to print hidden columns?  My users have a column they do not
want to see on the screen but want it to print out for hand writing in the
column as there are not computers, laptops, or PDAs available at this time.

Thanks for your time.

The only way I know to do this is to have a macro run when you want to
print.  The macro would unhide the column, print the range, hide the column
again. All this can be done in the background so the user would never see
that column.  Post back if you want to pursue this.  HTH  Otto

"ramona" <ramona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to print hidden columns?  My users have a column they do
> not
> want to see on the screen but want it to print out for hand writing in the
> column as there are not computers, laptops, or PDAs available at this
> time.
>
> Thanks for your time.

0
Otto
1/7/2010 10:31:00 PM
Check out View>Custom Views.

One custom view can be the printout view.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:08:01 -0800, ramona <ramona@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to print hidden columns?  My users have a column they do not
>want to see on the screen but want it to print out for hand writing in the
>column as there are not computers, laptops, or PDAs available at this time.
>
>Thanks for your time.

0
Gord

Insert row(s) with vba
I'd appreciate some help to determine if I'm attempting the impossible... We have a workbook to generate proposals. Each proposal contains numerous sections. Each section has many line items. The first item in section 1 is numbered 01-001, the next 01-002 etc. The 01 is the section number, the 001 is the item number. Iuse the formula:- =CONCATENATE((TEXT($A$2,"00")),"-",(TEXT((RIGHT(OFFSET(A5,-1,0),3)+1),"000"))) to automatically generate the item number row by row. The value in $A$2 is the section number. This way I can use vba to insert a ro...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

printing copies

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically?
Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a formula or a macro t run on a column in my worksheet that says basically IF COLUMN D SAY JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR = GREEN, IF COLUMN D = SALLY SMITH, THEN COLOR RED, IF COLUMN D SAYS MIKE IKE, THEN COLOR = BLUE. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :confused -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Look at Conditional Formatting in...

Create row lower border that looks like "accountant single" underline?
I'm trying to format a spreadsheet so that a row has a lower border that looks like the "accountant single" underline - something like this: ___________ __________ _________ ________ instead of a continuous line like this: ________________________________________ Is it possible to do this as a border? The accountant-single underline (applied as a font attribute) only displays if there is data in the cell, and I want it to be there whether or not there is any data. Many thanks for any help with this. Edward Mendelson "Edward Mendelson" <edward_mendelson@z...

Copy buttons by rows
I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles there is another way... -- Optitro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

highlight row #2
Is there any way to have excel automatically highlight the row of a selected cell ? TIA Ben '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .Weig...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Right Filling A Formula Whilst Keeping A Static Column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7). I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc. Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance. Regards, Kevin -- kevtherev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kevtherev's Profile: http://w...

Find Date in range and scroll down to next row
I have a sheet(1) frozen in A4. Want a code to do the following: Sheet(1) Range(k:k) If date = today then select row font.color. index = 15 scroll down to next row (next row and below visible). How do I solve? Do you want to simply loop through all the occupied cells in column K and color the entire row if the date = today? I don't understand the "next row and below visible". What is visible and what is not visible? Post back and provide more info. HTH Otto "tomjoe" <tomjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC40BBCF-E3...

Printing in Vista

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Count duplicates where the next column contains specific text
I need to write a formula which counts the number of unique entries i columnA where the corresponding entries in columnB contain a specifi string of text (ie *text*). Can anyone help with an answer to this problem or is it impossible t do in excel -- ar061 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ar0618's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3109 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50762 =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="text",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT(" 1:"&...