Printing - Have to set print area 1 column further than necessary

Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one.

I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows:

Col A - width 4
Col B - hidden
Col C - width 4
Col D - Width 108
Col E - Width 3
Col F - Width 11
Col G - Hidden
Col H - Width 11 & Empty

My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the
scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will
print as many pages as required depending on number of rows]

When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the
print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I make print
area A:F only A:C show on the print preview.

To get A:G printed I have to set the print area to A:H.

In all 3 of the examples above when I look at the print preview there
is a blank area on the right hand side of the page where the missing
columns SHOULD be but aren't... ie the size of the page seems to be
formatted correctly to include all the columns i want but they just
don't print unless 1 extra column is selected in the print area.

Has anyone out there experienced this problem before?
Thanks in advance.

Stuart

I've seen this before.. I think the problem is connected to
the Scaling and hidden columns..

Try to circumvent by changing the column width of B and G
from hidden (=0) to 0.1

--
keepITcool

stuart_bisset@yahoo.com wrote :

> Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one.
>
> I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as
> follows:
>

> Col A - width 4
> Col B - hidden
> Col C - width 4
> Col D - Width 108
> Col E - Width 3
> Col F - Width 11
> Col G - Hidden
> Col H - Width 11 & Empty
>
> My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the
> scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will
> print as many pages as required depending on number of rows]
>
> When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the
> print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I make print
> area A:F only A:C show on the print preview.
>
> To get A:G printed I have to set the print area to A:H.
>
> In all 3 of the examples above when I look at the print preview there
> is a blank area on the right hand side of the page where the missing
> columns SHOULD be but aren't... ie the size of the page seems to be
> formatted correctly to include all the columns i want but they just
> don't print unless 1 extra column is selected in the print area.
>
> Has anyone out there experienced this problem before?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stuart
0
xrrcvgpbby (46)
1/24/2005 12:36:12 PM
Thanks for the prompt response - turns out it was to do with my printer - a
Minolta QMS 3300.  when I selected an HP printer as the default printer the
problem was resolved.  Strange but true!!!

Stuart

"keepITcool" <xrrcvgpbby@puryyb.ay> wrote in message

> I've seen this before.. I think the problem is connected to
> the Scaling and hidden columns..
>
> Try to circumvent by changing the column width of B and G
> from hidden (=0) to 0.1
>
> --
> keepITcool
> |  www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam
>

> stuart_bisset@yahoo.com wrote :
>
>> Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one.
>>
>> I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as
>> follows:
>>

>> Col A - width 4
>> Col B - hidden
>> Col C - width 4
>> Col D - Width 108
>> Col E - Width 3
>> Col F - Width 11
>> Col G - Hidden
>> Col H - Width 11 & Empty
>>
>> My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the
>> scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will
>> print as many pages as required depending on number of rows]
>>
>> When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the
>> print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I make print
>> area A:F only A:C show on the print preview.
>>
>> To get A:G printed I have to set the print area to A:H.
>>
>> In all 3 of the examples above when I look at the print preview there
>> is a blank area on the right hand side of the page where the missing
>> columns SHOULD be but aren't... ie the size of the page seems to be
>> formatted correctly to include all the columns i want but they just
>> don't print unless 1 extra column is selected in the print area.
>>
>> Has anyone out there experienced this problem before?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Stuart

printing copies

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

"Tiled" print setting.

Unable to set server rules following server migration
Hi, I have just migrated our company from one exchange 5.5 server to another using exmerge. All appears to have gone well apart from server rules. Users rules are erroring and when we try to create new rules we get the following error messages: Outlook 98 - There is not enough space on the Microsoft Exchange Server to store all of your rules. The rules that failed to upload have been deactivated. Outlook 2003 - One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient...

CHtmlView and Printing

How do I set up a newsgroup account?
I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name" portion.....WHAT?If someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers to choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks....... Frank "BionixWV" <BionixWV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFB11080-0092-468D-B18F-04FBDB81FE78@microsoft.com... >I get lost when I get to "Internet news server name" >portion.....WHAT?If > someone can give me a step by step list,as well as a few news servers > to > choose from,that would be a big help.Thanks....... Adelphia....

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Count duplicates where the next column contains specific text
I need to write a formula which counts the number of unique entries i columnA where the corresponding entries in columnB contain a specifi string of text (ie *text*). Can anyone help with an answer to this problem or is it impossible t do in excel -- ar061 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ar0618's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3109 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50762 =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="text",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT(" 1:"&...

Area under graph
Does anyone know how I can get the area under the curve for a graph I've created? Hi Mike, Check out Bernard's examples of how to implement Trapezoid and Simpson Rules www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips Mike wrote: > Does anyone know how I can get the area under the curve > for a graph I've created? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Do you know the functional form of the curve? Many curves (for example polynomials) can be analytically integrated after estiimating a few parameters. Cubic splines approximates the chart line smoother i...

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Form & Data Entry set-up
I need help on how to create the following: 20 Account names across the top 30-50 Product line down the left All Accounts & Product Line for the following months of: September October November 1. I need to create a Form (pop up screen in excel) that can simplif data entry (in quantities) for each cell. 2. I can't figure out a way to separate the months without using tabs. 3. Various people will enter data from separate locations. **I will then crunch information using a PivotTable. (Unless there i an easier way) Example: ________Account 1| Account 1 Goal| Account 2| Account 2 ...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...