Printing Formatted Cells

I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It
displays OK on the screen but doesn't appear when printed?

I'm sure it'll be something obvious!

Is your print setting for color, or B&W?
Long shot, but I'm not sure of any other reason why what-you-see is not
what-you-get.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It
> displays OK on the screen but doesn't appear when printed?
>
> I'm sure it'll be something obvious!

0
Luke
5/20/2010 7:52:46 PM
Definitely set to colour ... It's always good to start with the basics though
:o)

"Luke M" wrote:

> Is your print setting for color, or B&W?
> Long shot, but I'm not sure of any other reason why what-you-see is not
> what-you-get.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It
> > displays OK on the screen but doesn't appear when printed?
> >
> > I'm sure it'll be something obvious!
>

> .

printing copies

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

Ghosted print and print preview

Macro for blocker from using cell range
Is there a way to write code that can unlock a worksheet (w/password) allowing the user access to functionality while relocking (w/password) the worksheet should the user mouse click or move into a range of cells that would normally be locked? Assistance and a learning opportunity is always appreciated... Regards, Lenny With "qwerty" as defined name for range =Sheet1!$A$1:$F$12,Day!$A$26:$F$34 Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Me.Range("qwerty") On Error GoTo ws_exit: Applica...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Cells (some) being Greyed In: How To Remove Grey ?
Hello, Using Excel 97. Some of the cells, but not all, are greyed in (cell background, I guess you'd term it). Don't know how it happened, but don't want it this way. How can I get all the cells to have the normal white background (with black text) ? Thanks, Bob Right mouse click cells that are affected and go to format cells and patterns tab and click "no colour" has other options there for font colour etc. Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Using Excel 97. > > Some of the cells, but not all, are greyed in (cell background, I guess > you'd ...

Conditioal formatting problem
I have a column with conditional formatting applied. Say I'm formatting cell E4. The column shows the number within a processing cycle which need warning traffic lights when certain days are reached so far I have set up: Condition 1 shows orange if the cell value is between 9 and 11. Condition 2 shows red if the cell value is greater than or equal to 12. My problem is that I need a 3rd condition to grey out cell E4 if a date is entered into cell G4. I've tried all sorts but the formatting will not work. Firstly can someone suggest a formula for condition 3. Secondly do I actua...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Populating a field conditional of the input of two cells
Hello All, I'm trying to write a simple formula that puts a specific answe conditional of the answers supplied in two other cells. I have followe the formula structure as I understand it, however microsoft Excel X doesn't like the (and statements. Could anyone enlighten me on th correct way of doing this? Many thanks. (The formula is below) > =IF(AND(F4=1,F6="XLPE"),"1",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="XLPE"),"2",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PE"),"3",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="PE"),"4",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PVC"),"5&quo...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

format cells option not working
when i highlight some cells and try to format them nothing happends, workbook and sheets are not protected, cells in question dot not have any data in them at all, totaly blank! if they are locked how can i findout? and how to unlock them? Thanks, Steve Maybe this? OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message news:K3Yfc.2505$UG1.744@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > when i highlight some cells and...

Problems with printing

Invalid Format in the HTTP Request
I'm working with Public Folders in Exchange Manager and get the following error message: 'The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. ID no: c1030af0'. A search on MS support results in KBA 292262, which recommends an edit of a registry setting 'Allow Expand DL in ACL Data'. I've added the setting but the error continues and public folders are not accessible using Outlook 2003 rpc over HTTP or OWA. Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Dan Hi Dan, Do you by any chance hav...

Excel XP Format Cells, currency not working first time
I'm noticing that when I format cells for currency the first time, the preview window not only shows only numeric format, it formats the cells numeric instead of currency. The second time it works. And it's not because I'm clicking on the wrong line. ...

Sum of 0 when all cells empty
I have a spreadsheet that has a row where we add statistical data by date. If the date hasn't yet arrived and there's no information in any of the cells, my spreadsheet shows "0" as a total and I need it to remain blank. How can I accomplish this? Hi, suppose that the date is in cell A1 and you sum column B you can use =if(A1="","",sum(B1:B10)) "feathercabin" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that has a row where we add statistical data by date. > If the date hasn't yet arrived and there's no information in an...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Multiple Bar Chart Formats
How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts that make the summary)? For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4 categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on one chart. I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your question. Set up your data ...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?