Printing conditional images

All,

I am certain there's a simple answer to this but it has been baffling
me so I'm throwing it open to the world after searching the archives
with little success.

In my worksheet, I have inserted images conditional on cells containing
certain values.  The code is as follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
        Me.Shapes("Picture 1").Visible = (Range("C14") = 2)
        Me.Shapes("Picture 2").Visible = (Range("C23") = 5.76)
    End Sub
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The images appear without any problem and all is well on-screen.
However, I cannot get the images to print and I am unsure as to how to
fix this.  I've checked the image properties and the "print object" box
is checked so it would seem that it should print but doesn't.  What's
the simple thing I am overlooking which will make those images appear
when printed?

Thanks in advance!

Do the pictures show up in file|Print preview?

If yes, then it's not excel.  Maybe try a different printer or get a newer
driver for the existing printer???

--

Dave Peterson
0

The images do not appear in the Print Preview.  However, I've tried the
file on three separate computers connected to three separate printers
and the result is the same each time (images don't print or appear in
Print Preview).  I was thinking along the lines that perhaps it's
because they are conditional images that they do not appear in the
Print Preview.  My reasoning is that the same images inserted into the
worksheet as basic pictures (ie. non-conditional) appear in Print
Preview and print without problem.

Trav.

Dave Peterson wrote:
> Do the pictures show up in file|Print preview?
> If yes, then it's not excel.  Maybe try a different printer or get a newer
> driver for the existing printer???

But once the pictures are there, they don't know how they got there.

Are you sure you clicked "Print" for all the pictures?

Trav wrote:

> Dave,
>
> The images do not appear in the Print Preview.  However, I've tried the
> file on three separate computers connected to three separate printers
> and the result is the same each time (images don't print or appear in
> Print Preview).  I was thinking along the lines that perhaps it's
> because they are conditional images that they do not appear in the
> Print Preview.  My reasoning is that the same images inserted into the
> worksheet as basic pictures (ie. non-conditional) appear in Print
> Preview and print without problem.
>
> Trav.
>
> Dave Peterson wrote:
> > Do the pictures show up in file|Print preview?
> > If yes, then it's not excel.  Maybe try a different printer or get a newer
> > driver for the existing printer???

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
1/12/2006 12:54:30 AM
Absolutely positive.  Even though I was 100.3% sure, I just went and
checked again and now I'm 100.4% certain.

Oh .... poop.  I've just realised what's happened and I'm not happy -
I'm feeling rather ashamed about this admission.

The original file I was working on had the page setup to exclude
certain columns from printing.  I altered that as the first thing I did
before I went to work on modifying it since I knew that would be a
problem.  At a point during the middle of the construction I sent it to
a colleague who reviewed it and sent it back to me.  In the process of
this emailing, I've somehow managed to overwrite the emailed file with
the original file I think, because the page print setup limitation is
back.  I know that I changed this because I tested it immediately
afterward so it's not just a case of me not doing it correctly the
first time - it's a case of me using an old version of the file which
meant I didn't even think to adjust a setting I *knew* that I had
adjusted since it was the first step I'd taken.

I apologise for overlooking something so simple and wasting your brain
cells thinking about my printer drivers...*slinks away into the corner
to put on the big conical hat*

But you found it, so that's a good thing.

--

Dave Peterson
0

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Hyperlink to local image file doesn't open ?
Hi all, I have a sheet listing my comic books. One colum contains links to the a local file, actually a .jpg image file of the cover of the comic book reference on the selected row. Even though the link seems correct, clicking on the cell/link doesn't produce any result (image file doesn't open). How can I obtain Excel to open a simple window (could be my default viewer) with that linked image ? When I alter the link to something wrong, I gat an error message "cannot open the specified file", so I assume that the link indeed correctly points at the physical local fil...

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

why can't I access conditional formatting?
I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull down. I would really like to use this feature, It just is always unavailible If your workbook is shared, CF is unavailable. See 'Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks' in help -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B543FFC-BB33-4057-9AC8-B068DEEF6907@microsoft.com... > I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull > down. > > > I w...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Populating a field conditional of the input of two cells
Hello All, I'm trying to write a simple formula that puts a specific answe conditional of the answers supplied in two other cells. I have followe the formula structure as I understand it, however microsoft Excel X doesn't like the (and statements. Could anyone enlighten me on th correct way of doing this? Many thanks. (The formula is below) > =IF(AND(F4=1,F6="XLPE"),"1",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="XLPE"),"2",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PE"),"3",IF(AND(F4<>1,F6="PE"),"4",IF(AND(F4=1,F6="PVC"),"5&quo...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Printing on banner paper
Hi, I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks across the page with spaces between the letters. Can you help me? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Peter <Peter@ascboston.org>... > I have an HP1220C printer, and am running Publisher 2000 > on Windows 98. I would like to print on HP banner paper, > but even when I set the paper type to banner, it breaks > across the page with spaces between the letters. ...

Macro to print document in Duplex format
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type ...