Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Hello

I'm looking for a code that will help me with a print job
for a worksheet.  There are a lot of merged cells and a
lot of "IF"s to be used in the VBA for range selection.

Thanks in advance,
Sarr
0
anonymous (74722)

How do I select a range of cells in an Excel table using the mouse
When I use the mouse to select a range of cells in an Excel table (left-button-click-and-hold, drag mouse mouse over desired cell range), when I release the mouse ALL the data in the top row of the selected range is COPIED to the remaining rows in the selected range... How do I prevent this, or what is wrong w/my selection technique. -- John C. Lethco Be more careful with your initial click. I'm thinking that you got the edge of the cell, not the cell itself. jlethco_texas wrote: > > When I use the mouse to select a range of cells in an Excel table > (left-...

Print Excel to MODI Writer?
Can I enable the MODI Writer with Office XP Professional 10.0.433.0? TIA, Dave ----- Original Message ----- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:28 PM Subject: Re: Print Excel to Microsoft Document Image File (MDI) > David > > MODI should be part of a typical Office Installation. > > Under File>Print>Printer do you have MODI Writer available? > > If so, do you want it to be the default printer? > > That will be done through Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes > > If not available as a printer, go to Control P...

Count if equal to first non error cell
Hi I tried to post this once so apologies if this is second post... I want to count the number of times 3 or -3 occurs in range A8:A15 depending on whether 3 or -3 comes first. If 3 is A8 then count how many times 3 occurs in the range. If A8 and A9 equal #n/a and A10 equals -3 then count how many times -3 is in the range (there many be 2 -3's and one occurance of a postive 3 for example) Thanks ...

cell reference from =max
What i am trying to do is find the maximum value from a list of ammounts, then from that maximum value (which i need in one cell as a value) i need to find who that max figure relates to from a list of names ie. Sheet2 A B 1 fred 1.00 2 gareth 2.00 3 laura 3.00 Sheet3 A B 1 =max('sheet2'!B1:B3) =3.00 this cell needs to display name ie laura god what a nightmare, also from this i need to do the same with =large('sheet...

Autofit does not size properly for printing
When I AutoFit a column that contains more than one word, the column displays as a single line of text in the workbook view but is not large enough to display the text in a single line in Page Preview. In Page Preview sometimes it cuts off the right edge of the text and sometimes it word wraps. This has been occurring for several versions of Excel. What should I be doing that I am not doing? What actually controls AutoFit widths? It appears from the results that I am seeing that AutoFit does not use the correct letter widths in determining the amout of space required for the text. ...

Sum cells flagged by other cells
I need to know how to sum cell values in column b, if the corresponding row in column c value is equal to 1. Column B contains the data, column C contains flags to use or not use the data. All help is greatly appreciated. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** =SUMIF(C2:C50,1,B2:B50) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ian" <ian@lbisat.com> wrote in message news:40914445$0$198$75868355@news.frii.net... > I need to know how to sum cell values in column b, if the co...

XML Merge/Diff tool?

Macro from cell specific to whole column
Hello All, I have recorded the following macro... ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RIGHT(RC[-3],1)" Range("O286").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]=""-"",(LEFT(RC[-4],15)*-1),RC[-4])" that basically takes a text stored number such as 100.54- to -100.54. What I want to do is make this auto fill for the entire column. How should rewrite it? -- Thanks for all of the help. It is much appreciated!!!! On May 26, 5:06=A0am, Bean Counter <BeanCoun...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All, > ...

Can't print landscape from network printer HP 4050N
Dear all, I can't print landscape from the network printer although i've re-install MS OFFICE 2000, uninstall and update HP drivers and check the settings(from portrait to landscape) from the printer also can't solve this problem. Not only me having this problem, there are several user also faced this problem too. Therefore, I suspect it's not the Windows 2000 issue. Any advise will be much appreciated. Thank you. Not an expert but, are the drivers installed on the individual machines? (they should be). -- Regards; Rob -------------------------------------------------------...

Counting Cells #3
I want to be able to count the number of cells that have coloured text from a range of cells. Is their a way to do this, I tried "countif" but was unable to get it working. Thanks See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a solution. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Missile" <Missile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3FCE1A8-D5FE-49CD-B7B8-8B08C493F9F2@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to count the number of cells that have coloured text from a > range of cells. Is their ...

Cannot print from Office 2007
I have seen several postings on this on the web but no solutions. From time to time, I cannot print from Office 2007. I get the following error: You file cannot print due to an error on Xerox Phaser 6180. There are several possible reasons: Not enough memory Network problem Bad connections None of these things can be true since I can print from any other program (IE8, Adobe, photoshop...). Sporadically it will print but I have this problem more than not. It only started after I got a new computer with Win 7 on it. I am running the latest updates from both MS and Xerox. I h...

Date format to Text Date for use in Mail Merge
I have everyone's start date in a column. I'd like to create another column with their start date in text so that I can then use it in a mail merge for their certificates. I've got it converted but the MM/DD/YYYY is behind the scenes and when I do the merge that comes over versus Month Day, Year. Any help? hi Erinayn, This formula may help... =TEXT(a2,"mm/dd/yyyy") I haven't used mail merge before, but if you can't resolve it using formulae in the spreadsheet, you may be able to temporarily change your system settings under Windows Start Men...

password protect VBA code
How can I protect VBA code with a password, so users are unable to view the code? Thanks, ~ Horatio Hi Horatio, In the VBE, with the project selected: Tools | XYZ Properties | Protection Tab | Password where XYZ is the project name, the default being VBAProject. --- Regards, Norman "Horatio J. Bilge" <horatiojbilge@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eafRapTyEHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I protect VBA code with a password, so users are unable to view > the > code? > > Thanks, > ~ Horatio > > Horatio, In the VBE, Tools -...

Excel cell looks good in print preview but doesn't print???
When I build the spreadsheet, my desire is to have two different cells contain the same text (the name of a person). The screen looks correct as does the print preview. When I call for the actual hard-copy print it, the second cell always prints blank! If I make up a different, experimental name, it prints OK. The bug seems to occur if the cell contents (text) are identical. If it looks ok in Print Preview, but not on paper, I'd start looking at the printer. I'd start by trying it on another printer. Jack Gathright wrote: > > When I build the spreadsheet, my desire is t...

How do I split a cell diagonally?
Please help as I need to know asap. Thank you. You can't really do this. You can put a diagonal line through a cell. Go to the Format menu, choose Cell, then the Borders tab. Click the diagonal line button. This will display a diagonal line in the cell, but will have no effect on splitting the cell's text between the two regions. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tupid" <Tupid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDEE40D6-32E8-477B-A0FE-39C366EBBB35@microsoft.com... > Pleas...

Merging
I'm using Outlook 2003. I have fields at the item level for the contacts and at the form level for my custom form (fields used in my view). Is it possible to merge using form level fields or do I need to recreate all fields I created at the form level now at the folder level to merge with Word? Thanks Shawn See the "Mail Merge with Custom fields" section here; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/275 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

How do I print preview a document in color?
My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. What printer are you using? My guess is you only have the drivers for a black laser printer installed. If not, try updating your printer drivers. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED58142-E6C4-4F1F-B3BC-7A1268842A48@microsoft.com... > My Print Preview only displays docuemnts in black and white. ...

Sales Orders printing without the graphical format...
I have a client that has some users logging in through terminal services and others that log in directly to GP Standard 7.5. Those that log in directly are printing sales orders with the graphical format. Those that log into Terminal Services can print the same format as those who are logged in directly but there is no graphical format applied. Does anyone know how to fix this?? John just make sure the reports dictionary on the TS server contains your modified SOP report and these users have access to this modified report/s. "John" wrote: > I have a client that has s...

Print 2 PDF with "ChartTitle".pdf as name....
Hi guys. I need to print a sheet that contains a Graph (pie), and=20 the respective values (tabel) to PDF, to be used in other=20 programs. It=B4s essecial that the name of the PDF is=20 the "ChartTitle", and this as to be autumatic, becouse=20 theres a lot of PDF=B4s to be made... Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!! SpeeD72 P.S: i use PDF becuuse it retains the objects=20 as "curves", and can be used in other Design progs. I=B4ve Post this question in the wrong forum. I will post it in the Excel-programming forum Sorry! SpeeD >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys. > &g...

Merging different sheets
hello everybody, I have to work with 2 sheets. In the 1st one my data are arranged as follows: Payment Date Type 15/02/2010 XS 15/02/2010 LS 16/02/2010 XS .... ... and in the 2nd sheet: Task Activity XS Activity1 XS Activity2 XS Activity3 LS Activity4 LS Activity5 .... .... and I want to create in a new sheet the following set of data Payment Date Type Activity 15/02/2010 XS Activity1 15/02/2010 XS Activity2 15/02/2010 XS Activity3 15/02/2010 LS Activity4 15/02/2010 LS Activity5 16/02/2010 XS Activity1 16/02/2010 XS Ac...

Cell Drop-down Menu
Is it possible to create a drop-down menu in a cell? For instance, would like a user to be able to click on a cell and choose what s/h wants to enter -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Select cell/range From menu select Data.Validation, and then in Validation window allow List and then type your list into source field, like: Choice1,Choice2,Choice2 You can give the list as cell reference on same sheet, like =$A$2:$A$10 When you want to refer to the range on another worksheet, then you have to define this range as named range, and then you can refer to this named range ...

Printing problem
This may also relate to scrolling. An Edit control under Win9x/Me can only hold 65535 characters of text, whereas one under W2K/XP can hold over 2 billion. That has caused me a problem. I've had users to try to drop more text into my Edit control (in an EditView) than will fit in it. I worked around that by checking the length of the incoming text against the buffer, removing lines at the top of the buffer if needed to provide space, then putting the incoming text into the control at the bottom. That worked, but I lose the text that is taken out of the buffer. The problem I have is that ...

How do I change the print quality?
I have tried clicking on File, Page Setup, Page but the print quality box is set at 600dpi and I cannot delete or change it. I believe what you see is determined by your printer driver. Can your printer handle other resolutions? Can you try a different printer? On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:05:02 -0700, "Mick@CE" <Mick@CE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried clicking on File, Page Setup, Page but the print quality box is >set at 600dpi and I cannot delete or change it. I am sure the problem is not with the printer. I have three spreadsheets in this workbook a...

Allen Browne's Has the Rcd been Printed
Hi, I'm using Allen Browne's code from Has the Rcd been Printed and all of that is working great. I'm now trying to implement the Taking it Further - Track each time a record is printed. (This has been cross posted to queries. I only did this because there is only one day left on this forum.) I am trying to write an SQL statement that will Copy the keys from member table to member print audit table and set a value in the member print audit table. Here is SQL like statement that I want to do: INSERT INTO tblBatchMember (AcctNo, SET BatchID = 999) SELECT q...