print long column--2 pages side by side on one paper

i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
of pages with blank white area.
I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
THANK YOU!

Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
matter in the postings?
0
cytmom (2)

Hi,

Yes, go to: File > Page setup.

Then on the form that show up: go to the tab Sheet

Click on Options.

On the new form that popup, in the tab Layout, enter the number of "Page Per
Sheet" you like.

--
JP
jp@solutionsvba.com

"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
> i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
> option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
> of pages with blank white area.
> I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
> it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
> print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
> THANK YOU!
>
> Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
> matter in the postings?

0
mtljp2 (36)
9/20/2003 5:38:03 PM
Better to search Google.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel

Enter "Snake Columns" into "Exact Phrase" window.
--

HTH,

RD

"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
of pages with blank white area.
I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
THANK YOU!

Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
matter in the postings?

0
Ragdyer (92)
9/20/2003 5:47:14 PM
If it's a one shot deal, you might just want to copy your range and paste into
MSWord.  There's an option under Format|columns that you could play with.

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

The other option is to try my Excel Add-in "Side by Side" that should do
what you want.
It is very easy to use, quick and comes with a one page install/use Word.doc
file.
It is available for free upon direct request to jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX
(remove xxx).
(Hi Dave)

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
****************
"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
> i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
> option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
> of pages with blank white area.
> I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
> it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
> print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
> THANK YOU!
> Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
> matter in the postings?

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

2 calendars
Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, how? If not, how come? It's as simple as File | New | Folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "dbaca21" <dbaca21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67b001c47579$586f2c70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I have 2 separate calendars in outlook 2002? If so, > how? If not, how come? Thank You! >-----Original Message----- >It's as simple as Fi...

Fix #2
Hi! The word, *FIX* is always present in my Excel Status Bar (lower, right-hand corner of the screen). What message, is this conveying? Do I need to take corrective action? If so, what corrective action? Regards, Mick. -- mick2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24143 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378337 It means that your workbook is set to always set the decimal point at a certain place when you enter a number (typically 2)....

Need 5-7 day evaluation mode for RMS 2.0 POS stations
For emergency recovery periods and upgrade testing, RMS 2.0 POS station needs to be able to run in "evaluation" mode for 5-7 days. This gets you over the hump in case of a machine failure and gives you time to call MS to get new computer activated when a failure occurs - or - if you are able to repair the old system within a few days, you can swap back and continue running as before. -- John M. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

Earn wealth&gain good health plus great payplan.. #2
HELLO...WE HAVE BACK TO NATURE PRODUCT FOR YOU... >.Virgin Coconut Lotion http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >.Virgin Coconut Soap >.Virgin Coconut Coffee (MEN&WOMEN) >.Virgin Coconut Hair Tonic(MEN&WOMEN) http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >. Virgin Coconut Oil >.Virgin Coconut Oil+ Honey >.Virgin Coconut Oil + Habbatus Sauda >.Virgin Coconut Capsule+Habbatus http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 Sauda >.Power 31 (Hot Product ) (MEN ONLY) >.Mas Madu Herbal Juice http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >.Stevia+ Misai Kucing+ ...

Public Calendar #2
Is it a way to create a public calendar under the public folders? in EXCH2K3 running on WIN2K3? If so, is there a particular document with steps on how to do it? Thanks Cacho: When you create the new PF (or any new folder in Outlook), select "Calendar Items" in the "Folder contains" dropdown box. That is for Outlook 2003. If I recall correctly, Outlook 2000 (and maybe 2002) and earlier refer to the type as "Appointment Items." Regards, Martin "cacho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ed401c475e7$38076380$a301280a@ph...

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

sumproduct .. validating 2 criterias (multiple tabs)
hi guys, i am trying to add additional functionality to my Project Budget Expendature worksheet of which some of you may have seen. anyways, the idea is to have sumproduct calculate all items that have the same GL code & date of which it was purchased (date of purchase) currently i have the following TAB: Spend Calendar ROW C8:N8 = Month #'s (Jan, feb ect) COL B13:B36 = GL Codes (130000,190000 ect) TAB: 001-013 (13 tabs) CELL C6 = Date of Purchase COL C24:C37 = GL Codes of each item within the purchase COL J24:J37 = Total cost of the item which the GL Code is related to can someon...

TCP/IP printing

Long Delay Conencting To CRM
I am in the process of building a Class Library to provide communication between a custom desktop application Microsoft CRM 4.0. So far everything is working pretty well, I can connect to the CRM server, read data in to my application and write modified data back to CRM. The problem however is with the initial connection to CRM which takes anything from 15-30 seconds. From an end-user's perspective this is an eternity. Below is the method I'm using to connect to CRM, can anyone suggest any changes that will speed this up? public class AppFunctions { private static CrmService _ser...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

Outlook appointments in extendend DST time frame are now off one h
I read through the prolific Microsoft documentation on the DST change. My interpretation on how to deal with my XP SP2 clients with Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 (on Win2K) was this. 1. Patch the XP SP2 clients 2. TZEdit the Windows 2000 server where Exchange 2000 is installed 3. Since most users do not have adequate privileges to run the Outlook tool TZMove, don’t bother giving it to them. 4. Use only the Exchange tool (MsExTmz.exe) (Also requires TZMove) to correct all the time zone issues in mailbox/calendars for all whopping 60 users. While the process was clear as mud, I though...

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

MS Money and 2 PC's...
What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a time) But I keep my records up to date from work (laptop) and then work from my desktop PC when at home. Any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16EF1DE6-1D33-40B7-A168-8B740052030A@microsoft.com... > What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a > laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a > time) > But I keep my ...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing