Print Excel file to PDF

Hi,

Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a 
PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has 
that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
(I'm using Office 2000)

Rob 


0
Rob
2/18/2005 11:58:46 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

4 Replies
468 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Rob

You could purchase Adobe Acrobat.

An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat....

I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here
at Dale Nurden's site.

http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm

Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf

Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet.

Adobe Acrobat has trouble with multiple sheets.  From what I hear, AA saves a
separate file for each sheet.


Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:58:46 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a 
>PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
>I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has 
>that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
>(I'm using Office 2000)
>
>Rob 
>

0
Gord
2/19/2005 1:53:10 AM
Thanks for that Gord, but I may have confused you.
My desire is to be able to firstly, print to Adobe Acrobat via a command in 
Excel,  I would like to incorporate a Print command within some VBA code to 
find the Adobe Acrobat program so that it saves the Excel worksheet as a 
PDF.
Can this be done using VBA?

Secondly, (if Adobe Acrobat is not installed)....
I have both Word Perfect and MYOB installed, and both of these programs 
publish to PDF without having to install Adobe Acrobat,  so I thought there 
might be a way to do this in Excel as well (being a far superior program!)

Any ideas?

Rob

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message 
news:4v6d11l3no70hobq3dacg5ivgfo7sg9s3q@4ax.com...
> Rob
>
> You could purchase Adobe Acrobat.
>
> An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat....
>
> I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use 
> here
> at Dale Nurden's site.
>
> http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm
>
> Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf
>
> Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet.
>
> Adobe Acrobat has trouble with multiple sheets.  From what I hear, AA 
> saves a
> separate file for each sheet.
>
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:58:46 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a
>>PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
>>I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect 
>>has
>>that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
>>(I'm using Office 2000)
>>
>>Rob
>>
> 


0
Rob
2/19/2005 3:48:09 AM
Excel does not natively create PDF files. You need a 3rd party program such as
Acrobat or one of the cheaper PDF converters. Try searching Google.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:48:09 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:

>Thanks for that Gord, but I may have confused you.
>My desire is to be able to firstly, print to Adobe Acrobat via a command in 
>Excel,  I would like to incorporate a Print command within some VBA code to 
>find the Adobe Acrobat program so that it saves the Excel worksheet as a 
>PDF.
>Can this be done using VBA?
>
>Secondly, (if Adobe Acrobat is not installed)....
>I have both Word Perfect and MYOB installed, and both of these programs 
>publish to PDF without having to install Adobe Acrobat,  so I thought there 
>might be a way to do this in Excel as well (being a far superior program!)
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Rob
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message 
>news:4v6d11l3no70hobq3dacg5ivgfo7sg9s3q@4ax.com...
>> Rob
>>
>> You could purchase Adobe Acrobat.
>>
>> An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat....
>>
>> I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use 
>> here
>> at Dale Nurden's site.
>>
>> http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm
>>
>> Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf
>>
>> Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet.
>>
>> Adobe Acrobat has trouble with multiple sheets.  From what I hear, AA 
>> saves a
>> separate file for each sheet.
>>
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:58:46 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a
>>>PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
>>>I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect 
>>>has
>>>that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
>>>(I'm using Office 2000)
>>>
>>>Rob
>>>
>> 
>

0
anonymous (74717)
2/19/2005 5:07:50 AM
Ok Myrna, I get the point.  It seems Excel is lagging behind some programs 
generally considered inferior. It seems, in the world where I live and work, 
PDF format is a vital part and, if Excel (and Word) doesn't include the 
ability to save files in that format then I believe it needs to consider 
that in the future to remain competitive.

 Thanks for your reply.
 Rob

"Myrna Larson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:tbid11pr8524jus8jia2e1m8on3nqt4vkb@4ax.com...
> Excel does not natively create PDF files. You need a 3rd party program 
> such as
> Acrobat or one of the cheaper PDF converters. Try searching Google.
>
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:48:09 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for that Gord, but I may have confused you.
>>My desire is to be able to firstly, print to Adobe Acrobat via a command 
>>in
>>Excel,  I would like to incorporate a Print command within some VBA code 
>>to
>>find the Adobe Acrobat program so that it saves the Excel worksheet as a
>>PDF.
>>Can this be done using VBA?
>>
>>Secondly, (if Adobe Acrobat is not installed)....
>>I have both Word Perfect and MYOB installed, and both of these programs
>>publish to PDF without having to install Adobe Acrobat,  so I thought 
>>there
>>might be a way to do this in Excel as well (being a far superior program!)
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Rob
>>
>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>news:4v6d11l3no70hobq3dacg5ivgfo7sg9s3q@4ax.com...
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> You could purchase Adobe Acrobat.
>>>
>>> An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat....
>>>
>>> I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use
>>> here
>>> at Dale Nurden's site.
>>>
>>> http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm
>>>
>>> Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf
>>>
>>> Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet.
>>>
>>> Adobe Acrobat has trouble with multiple sheets.  From what I hear, AA
>>> saves a
>>> separate file for each sheet.
>>>
>>>
>>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>>
>>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:58:46 +1100, "Rob" <NA> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hi,
>>>>
>>>>Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a
>>>>PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
>>>>I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect
>>>>has
>>>>that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
>>>>(I'm using Office 2000)
>>>>
>>>>Rob
>>>>
>>>
>>
> 


0
Rob
2/22/2005 9:29:31 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I print a list of the directory contents
I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it possible in WORD? Thanks No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <...

Running a PIF file using CreateProcess in an allocated console window
Hello, I am trying to find a way to execute a pif file within the context of my own application's console using AllocConsole. My basic need is to have the console in my context so I can use the console API's AND I must use the pif parameters for EMS, XMS, and a few other parameters. Is there a way to do this ? Is there a way around ? For example, try running "start /b XX.pif" I am getting an error message The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. and get the Close Ignore buttons. This is not related to any problems in the DOS application. If I use CREATE_...

I am looking for an excell worksheet for restaurant inventory
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am currently trying to get a new restaurant out of a hole and I need as many resources as I can get my hands on quickly. Once I had a great spreadsheet for inventory which included cells which automatically calculated a cost per ounce price. I used it for costing purposes as well as my daily and weekly inventory. Lisa, I "Googled", "inventory worksheet" and got 1,080,000 hits. The first page listed one spreadsheet for restaurant from RestaurantOwner.com. Good luck. HTH :-) "Lise" wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2003. I...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

printing copies
under print options: Number of copies___. It will only print out 1 copy. I say 5 and it still prints out 1. I am a new user of 2007 Excel I suspect the problem is with the printer. Try getting the newest driver best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Val in Texas" <Val in Texas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78A83505-189A-4731-AF25-CD5505E33510@microsoft.com... > under print options: Number of copies___. It will only print out 1 copy. > I > say 5 and it still prints out 1. ...

Ghosted print and print preview
Hello everyone, I have a problem with printing in excel. The print and print preview options appear ghosted. I still can print through the print icon on the toolbar. Any suggestions??? Martin ...

vioce in excel
In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio actually tells you what is in the cell I would really like to know how to turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel Please help I'm afraid I don't have 2007, but in 2003 it was under Tools - Speech. You could try looking in the XL help file for "speech playback". -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "lori" wrote: > In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio > actually tells y...

TCP/IP printing
Hello, I have a networking question. I have a print device with a static IP address on one network. A computer on another network can connect to the printer (NBT is enabled and so is LPR) and the drivers are installed but cannot print. I know this is correct behavior but want to know in detail why it seems to half work. I am guessing it has to do with port 138,139 and 515 but not positive. Probably a better question to ask a networking forum but hey. Thanks can you access the printer through the printer IP address? -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on...

Excel to OLE DB
I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an excel file into that format? Thank you. "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in > order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an > excel file into that format? I suspect this means the native Excel data must be organized as a database i.e. rows of columns with column headers, values with con...

Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?
Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts? Importing contacts in Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint contacts is something that SharePoint does not support. Probably you can define your contacts as a 'Custom List' in SharePoint. If you are specific about importing from a Excel spreadsheet, you can take a look at SharePoint List Management Solution (SPListM) which allows you to import list items(contacts) with associated metadata and file attachments to your SharePoint Lists such as Contacts, Calendars, Surveys, Discussion Boards etc. SharePoint by default does...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Print Dynamic Range
I have a basic excel template used for ordering parts. It runs from A1:N250 and I can print easily repeating rows 1:11 on each page (contains job details) . Trouble is sometimes there may only be 10 part numbers requiring only first page and I finish up throwing away trees by printing entire sheet! I know I can reset print area each time am setting this up on Sharepoint for multi users and need a macro/button to recognise number of items and print accordingly. Any help greatly appreciated -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Sub SetPrintArea() 'change this cons...

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet
I am producing a 50 to 60 page booklet using Pubisher 2003. The page format will be using 8.5 x 11 paper folded in half. I need to print both sides of the paper. How do I print the booklet so that I print half the project on one side of the paper and the other half on the back. Will publisher keep track of the pages so that for example; that page 2 and page 50 print on the same side/sheet of paper so when all pages are printed, folded and bound the book reads correctly. Thanks John Houston, Tx more info...I am using a single side printer so I have to run the pages through twice ...

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

Why is my 11-pg .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)?
Why is my .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)? I have an excel file with 11 worksheets. Each sheet is less than 1 page of figures. Some cells derive their values by looking up a cell in another worksheet. The print area is defined for each sheet. Saved separately, the individual worksheets are only 15 to 50 KB a piece, which is what I would expect. All together, I would expect the file size to be under 500k, not 35 MB. Dang! I don't get it! (I'm not a frequent excel user - I've probably done something really bone head, but I cannot image what. Teelbee Hi Teelbee, Don't...

Check printing in GP 7.0
Dear Guys, I have check payments for vendors, where I'm dealing with LOCAL CURRENCY & FORIGHN CURRENCY. When I paid by check in LOCAL CURRENCY then the amount in words prints perfectly but if i paid by check in FORIGN CURRENCY then the amount in word prints in numeric which i want to print amount in words instead of numbers. Please help me to print checks amount in words for FORIGN CURRENCY as well. Your suggestion would be appricated on above issue thnx Shamin ...

Excel BUG (All Versions) Excel Macro Margins using Print Preview
Where can i post this BUG? (Excel Macro Margins using Print Preview) Is there an Excel BUG reporting site? Steps: 1) New worksheet, write something in it 2) Start recording a new macro 3) File -> Print Preview 4) Click on the Margins Button, the page margins will appear, so that you can visually change and move them 5) Set one or more margins 6) Close the Print Preview 7) Stop the Macro What happened is that in the VBA code there will be writtenthe following lines: ..LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.91) ..RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints() Where in second line ther...

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

CHtmlView and Printing
Hi Everyone, The CHtmlView is giving me alot of head aches. Here is what I am doing. I am opening an XML file (being formatted using XLST) in a hidden CHtmlView and printing it. Here is how the process goes: 1. I create the XML file on the fly. 2. load the XML file in to CHtmlView. 3. Once loaded I tell it to print the resulting HTML page. 4, I need to delete XML file after the printing is done. (this is the problem). I can't figure out how to find out when the CHtmlView is done printing. CHtmlView::OnFilePrint is asynchronous. And CHtmlView doesn't tell me that it is currently p...

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

Problem on Windows XP Pro x64Bit and System Registry Hive file.
I am italian, but I haven't received no response in italian newsgroup... I have the following computer: OS: Win XPpro Corporate x64Bit CPU: Core2Quad Q9650 RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR2 4GB CL6 HDD: CaviarBlue 500GB WD x3 VGA: Sparkle GeForce 9400GT 512MB I installed various graphics programs such 3DSMAX9 x32 and x64Bit Maya 2010 Entire suite Adobe CS4 Master Collection Nero Reloaded 9 Office etc. ... A few days I have bought online in more than 2 memory modules (for achieve the 8GB total) identical to the DDR2 memory that I had and namely: 2GB Module 1...

"Tiled" print setting.
I just want the page that I designed to print on one page! I can't change the print setting "tiled" and as it is, it's printing on four pages all broken up. It is possible that you have created your document on a paper size that is not supported by your printer. Try changing your paper size to 8 1/2 by 11 and see if the print options are more to your liking. "MissMarple" <MissMarple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6776BEA-37EE-4645-B389-866A6CDB2D96@microsoft.com... >I just want the page that I designed to print on one ...

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

Problems with printing
Dear all I have an application, which has been working without problems for the last 7 years. The application has some printing capabilities. Now, we have just gotten a new printer (HP Laserjet CM4370), and when I try to print, my application crashes. The app crashes in the print setup dialog even before I press OK. If I select any other printer as default printer, the app doesn't crash. Then I can show the print setup dialog without problems. But then, when I select the CM4370, the app crashes again, even if I do not press OK. Even if I choose to not show the print setup dialog, and j...