Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?

Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>!

I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to
election events!  In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all
the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate
needs!  At the end of the event, the printers will all
return back to their original configurations and locations
<phew>!

The colour printer is the one that concerns me.  Is there
a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a
button on the toolbar?  That way, no matter what printer
was actually there and no matter where it was located, I'd
always press that button to bring the print dialogue box
up.

Here's hoping!

Thanks!

(p.s., I print colour mostly in Excel but if this works in
Excel, could do the same on my Word toolbar, etc.)

0
anonymous (74717)

Record a macro while you change printers.  Then assign that macro to a button on
a custom toolbar.

(Record one when you change it back to your favorite.  Then you can easily
toggle between the printers.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
wrote:

>Record a macro while you change printers.  Then assign that macro to a button on
>a custom toolbar.
>
>(Record one when you change it back to your favorite.  Then you can easily
>toggle between the printers.)

(Writing from home. <g>)

Kewl!

But as I mentioned in my original msg (see below), I was hoping to
bring up the print dialogue box for the colour printer, which is not
the default printer.  If I record the macro, which I though of doing
(sorry, I should have mentioned that), that would sent out the pages
to print right away, afaik, and would bypass the print dialogue box.

I'm often printing duplex or multiple copies, collated, for the colour
printer so the above bypass is no good.

I know that the code to bring up the print dialogue box is this:

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show

Any way to put in a line of coding to choose the printer we need
before that line above?

Thanks!

>Bridget wrote:
>>
>> Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>!
>>
>> I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to
>> election events!  In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all
>> the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate
>> needs!  At the end of the event, the printers will all
>> return back to their original configurations and locations
>> <phew>!
>>
>> The colour printer is the one that concerns me.  Is there
>> a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a
>> button on the toolbar?  That way, no matter what printer
>> was actually there and no matter where it was located, I'd
>> always press that button to bring the print dialogue box
>> up.
>>
>> Here's hoping!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> (p.s., I print colour mostly in Excel but if this works in
>> Excel, could do the same on my Word toolbar, etc.)

0
StargateFan
5/28/2004 2:48:35 AM
Use that recorded line from the macro first:

Option Explicit

Sub testme01()
    Dim myPrinter As String
    With Application
        myPrinter = .ActivePrinter
        .ActivePrinter = "your colorprinter name"
        .Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
        .ActivePrinter = myPrinter
    End With
End Sub

StargateFan wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:52:23 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Record a macro while you change printers.  Then assign that macro to a button on
> >a custom toolbar.
> >
> >(Record one when you change it back to your favorite.  Then you can easily
> >toggle between the printers.)
>
> (Writing from home. <g>)
>
> Kewl!
>
> But as I mentioned in my original msg (see below), I was hoping to
> bring up the print dialogue box for the colour printer, which is not
> the default printer.  If I record the macro, which I though of doing
> (sorry, I should have mentioned that), that would sent out the pages
> to print right away, afaik, and would bypass the print dialogue box.
>
> I'm often printing duplex or multiple copies, collated, for the colour
> printer so the above bypass is no good.
>
> I know that the code to bring up the print dialogue box is this:
>
> Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
>
> Any way to put in a line of coding to choose the printer we need
> before that line above?
>
> Thanks!
>
> >Bridget wrote:
> >>
> >> Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>!
> >>
> >> I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to
> >> election events!  In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all
> >> the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate
> >> needs!  At the end of the event, the printers will all
> >> return back to their original configurations and locations
> >> <phew>!
> >>
> >> The colour printer is the one that concerns me.  Is there
> >> a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a
> >> button on the toolbar?  That way, no matter what printer
> >> was actually there and no matter where it was located, I'd
> >> always press that button to bring the print dialogue box
> >> up.
> >>
> >> Here's hoping!
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> (p.s., I print colour mostly in Excel but if this works in
> >> Excel, could do the same on my Word toolbar, etc.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
5/28/2004 3:00:00 AM
On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:00:00 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
wrote:

>Use that recorded line from the macro first:

Huh?  I'm sorry, dunce here <lol>.

Do you mean that I go ahead and record a macro using the colour
printer so as to get the name or data from the macro to use below (I'm
guessing that I use info from macro to replace the words in "your
colorprinter name")???

Second question, does the macro include the "Option Explicit" words
that you show below (sorry, I'm no VBA expert <g>)?

Thanks!

>Option Explicit
>
>Sub testme01()
>    Dim myPrinter As String
>    With Application
>        myPrinter = .ActivePrinter
>        .ActivePrinter = "your colorprinter name"
>        .Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
>        .ActivePrinter = myPrinter
>    End With
>End Sub
>
>StargateFan wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:52:23 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Record a macro while you change printers.  Then assign that macro to a button on
>> >a custom toolbar.
>> >
>> >(Record one when you change it back to your favorite.  Then you can easily
>> >toggle between the printers.)
>>
>> (Writing from home. <g>)
>>
>> Kewl!
>>
>> But as I mentioned in my original msg (see below), I was hoping to
>> bring up the print dialogue box for the colour printer, which is not
>> the default printer.  If I record the macro, which I though of doing
>> (sorry, I should have mentioned that), that would sent out the pages
>> to print right away, afaik, and would bypass the print dialogue box.
>>
>> I'm often printing duplex or multiple copies, collated, for the colour
>> printer so the above bypass is no good.
>>
>> I know that the code to bring up the print dialogue box is this:
>>
>> Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
>>
>> Any way to put in a line of coding to choose the printer we need
>> before that line above?
>>
>> Thanks!

0
StargateFan
5/28/2004 10:47:10 AM
Yep.  That's what I meant about recording the macro.  After you record the
macro, take a look at the name that was used in the recorded code.

Then look at Windows start button|settings|printers and see if you would have
guessed that exact string.

My bet is that they differed by "on XXXX" at the end.

====
Option explicit

This isn't really part of the macro.  It's a directive to the compiler to make
sure you declare any variable you use in the code.

If you don't use it, then you could spend hours looking at:

	ctrl = ctr1 + 1

It looks like you're incrementing the same variable.  But one of them is CTRL
and the other is CTR1 (ctr one).

And one of the nicest things about declaring variables is that you can get the
VBE's intellisense to help you with your typing.

declare a worksheet variable
   dim wks as worksheet
As soon as you hit the dot in then next line, you'll see a list of available
methods and properties.

   wks.(intellisense starts up here)

This may seem like a little extra work (declaring your variables), but man, oh,
man, you'll be happy that you do.

In fact, inside the VBE:
tools|Options|editor tab
Check the box:  Require Variable Declaration

Any new module will have "option explicit" added to it as soon as you create it.

StargateFan wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:00:00 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Use that recorded line from the macro first:
>
> Huh?  I'm sorry, dunce here <lol>.
>
> Do you mean that I go ahead and record a macro using the colour
> printer so as to get the name or data from the macro to use below (I'm
> guessing that I use info from macro to replace the words in "your
> colorprinter name")???
>
> Second question, does the macro include the "Option Explicit" words
> that you show below (sorry, I'm no VBA expert <g>)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> >Option Explicit
> >
> >Sub testme01()
> >    Dim myPrinter As String
> >    With Application
> >        myPrinter = .ActivePrinter
> >        .ActivePrinter = "your colorprinter name"
> >        .Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
> >        .ActivePrinter = myPrinter
> >    End With
> >End Sub
> >
> >StargateFan wrote:

> >> (Writing from home. <g>)
> >>
> >> Kewl!
> >>
> >> But as I mentioned in my original msg (see below), I was hoping to
> >> bring up the print dialogue box for the colour printer, which is not
> >> the default printer.  If I record the macro, which I though of doing
> >> (sorry, I should have mentioned that), that would sent out the pages
> >> to print right away, afaik, and would bypass the print dialogue box.
> >>
> >> I'm often printing duplex or multiple copies, collated, for the colour
> >> printer so the above bypass is no good.
> >>
> >> I know that the code to bring up the print dialogue box is this:
> >>
> >> Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
> >>
> >> Any way to put in a line of coding to choose the printer we need
> >> before that line above?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
5/28/2004 11:21:03 PM
It all worked absolutely wonderfully!

There was one snag, though, that I'm hoping can be resolved for this
button/macro to work properly.  It isn't a problem with the macro,
it's the setting that was changed in the printer.  My supervisor made
it so that the default print on this machien is black and not colour
<sigh>.

I recorded the macro, as advised, to get the printer name.  In the
first try I used the mouse to untick the black option.  These steps
didn't get recorded.  Fine. I wasn't worried.  When that happens in
WordPerfect, I just use the keyboard shortcuts the next time and that
does the trick.  But it didn't here.

To manually untick the black one has to press the following keys:

- alt+p to bring up the print properties box
- alt+k to untick the restriction
- enter key to apply

Can someone direct me to how I can put the "alt+p", "alt+k" and
"enter" commands into the macro itself using VB language?  I'd greatly
appreciate it!

I found that bringing up the print dialogue box via this macro is
great so the macro works really great for that.  But I kept forgetting
to untick the black!  Since I only ever use this printer for colour
printing, it's just so stupid that the default was set to this.  But
that's the way it's been done, so nothing I can do about it except
hopefully change the macro so that it takes off that restriction for
me!  <g>

Thanks!

On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:21:03 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
wrote:

>Yep.  That's what I meant about recording the macro.  After you record the
>macro, take a look at the name that was used in the recorded code.
>
>Then look at Windows start button|settings|printers and see if you would have
>guessed that exact string.
>
>My bet is that they differed by "on XXXX" at the end.
>
>====
>Option explicit
>
>This isn't really part of the macro.  It's a directive to the compiler to make
>sure you declare any variable you use in the code.
>
>If you don't use it, then you could spend hours looking at:
>
>	ctrl = ctr1 + 1
>
>It looks like you're incrementing the same variable.  But one of them is CTRL
>and the other is CTR1 (ctr one).
>
>And one of the nicest things about declaring variables is that you can get the
>VBE's intellisense to help you with your typing.
>
>declare a worksheet variable
>   dim wks as worksheet
>As soon as you hit the dot in then next line, you'll see a list of available
>methods and properties.
>
>   wks.(intellisense starts up here)
>

>This may seem like a little extra work (declaring your variables), but man, oh,
>man, you'll be happy that you do.
>
>In fact, inside the VBE:
>tools|Options|editor tab
>Check the box:  Require Variable Declaration
>
>Any new module will have "option explicit" added to it as soon as you create it.
>

>StargateFan wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:00:00 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Use that recorded line from the macro first:
>>
>> Huh?  I'm sorry, dunce here <lol>.
>>
>> Do you mean that I go ahead and record a macro using the colour
>> printer so as to get the name or data from the macro to use below (I'm
>> guessing that I use info from macro to replace the words in "your
>> colorprinter name")???
>>
>> Second question, does the macro include the "Option Explicit" words
>> that you show below (sorry, I'm no VBA expert <g>)?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> >Option Explicit
>> >
>> >Sub testme01()
>> >    Dim myPrinter As String
>> >    With Application
>> >        myPrinter = .ActivePrinter
>> >        .ActivePrinter = "your colorprinter name"
>> >        .Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
>> >        .ActivePrinter = myPrinter
>> >    End With

0
StargateFan
5/31/2004 4:49:15 AM
Sometimes VBA can't control all the options that are supported by your printer.

If you recorded a macro and don't get the code to do what you want, you could
struggle with SendKeys (look at help's description).

But it might be easier to set up another printer that has all the settings that
you like.  You'll use the same printer driver and the same physical printer, but
you'll have another printer option in Start|Settings|printer.

Then life gets a lot easier.

StargateFan wrote:

> [...]
> >methods and properties.
> >
> >   wks.(intellisense starts up here)
> >

> >This may seem like a little extra work (declaring your variables), but man, oh,
> >man, you'll be happy that you do.
> >
> >In fact, inside the VBE:
> >tools|Options|editor tab
> >Check the box:  Require Variable Declaration
> >
> >Any new module will have "option explicit" added to it as soon as you create it.
> >

> >StargateFan wrote:

> >> Huh?  I'm sorry, dunce here <lol>.
> >>
> >> Do you mean that I go ahead and record a macro using the colour
> >> printer so as to get the name or data from the macro to use below (I'm
> >> guessing that I use info from macro to replace the words in "your
> >> colorprinter name")???
> >>
> >> Second question, does the macro include the "Option Explicit" words
> >> that you show below (sorry, I'm no VBA expert <g>)?

5/31/2004 11:13:38 AM
On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:13:38 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
wrote:

>Sometimes VBA can't control all the options that are supported by your printer.
>
>If you recorded a macro and don't get the code to do what you want, you could
>struggle with SendKeys (look at help's description).
>
>But it might be easier to set up another printer that has all the settings that
>you like.  You'll use the same printer driver and the same physical printer, but
>you'll have another printer option in Start|Settings|printer.
>
>Then life gets a lot easier.

Oh, wouldn't that be nice?!!  <lol>

Okay, will look at this SendKeys.  It sounds similar to what I used in
WP.  I know that when the coding in WP didn't reflect the keystrokes
used, that they didn't get recorded somehow, then I would put the
coding in for those keystrokes.  If I can do that in the script here,
editing the macro manually, that whould do the job.  Yes, perhaps
clumsily in the eyes of a pro, but then, as long as it gets the job
done, eh?

Your idea re setting up another printer sounds intriguing, though,
even if I'm not sure where to start.  If I've not understood you
correctly, I'm setting up a dummy printer that uses everything the
real printer does but which has the added benefits of using settings I
set up?  In other words, that would allow me to work around the colour
restriction?

We're the clerks who do the most printing and the restriction isn't
meant for either my supervisor or myself.  I'm the one maintaining all
the paperwork for my supervisor and boss; it's just that everyone else
can have access to the printer.  So to get around overusing it, my
supervisor opted to have it default to non-colour.  That has left me
in a bind since I only use this printer, as I mentioned, for colour
anyway.  We have our own regular laserjet for all our other printing
needs.

So did I understand you correctly re setting up the printer?  If so, I
unfortunately am not sure how to do that esp. since our printers are
network ones.  I know how to set up printers and everything but not
how to set up a dummy one.  Do you have a link, by any chance,
describing the basic concept?  Well, perhaps basic might not be
detailed enough, something that would help a newbie do this at any
rate?

Well, in the meantime, will look into the SendKeys.  That sounds like
a very good thing to learn how to do whether or not it fixes my macro.
<g>

Thanks!

> [...]
>> >
>> >       ctrl = ctr1 + 1
>> >
>> >It looks like you're incrementing the same variable.  But one of them is CTRL
>> >and the other is CTR1 (ctr one).
>> >
>> >And one of the nicest things about declaring variables is that you can get the
>> >VBE's intellisense to help you with your typing.
>> >
>> >declare a worksheet variable
>> >   dim wks as worksheet
>> >As soon as you hit the dot in then next line, you'll see a list of available
>> >methods and properties.
>> >
>> >   wks.(intellisense starts up here)
>> >

>> >This may seem like a little extra work (declaring your variables), but man, oh,
>> >man, you'll be happy that you do.
>> >
>> >In fact, inside the VBE:
>> >tools|Options|editor tab
>> >Check the box:  Require Variable Declaration
>> >
>> >Any new module will have "option explicit" added to it as soon as you create it.

5/31/2004 4:01:04 PM

StargateFan wrote:

<<snipped>>
> Your idea re setting up another printer sounds intriguing, though,
> even if I'm not sure where to start.  If I've not understood you
> correctly, I'm setting up a dummy printer that uses everything the
> real printer does but which has the added benefits of using settings I
> set up?  In other words, that would allow me to work around the colour
> restriction?

Yep.  I think you may find setting up the additional printer easier than working
with sendkeys--and it should be more reliable, too.  (Lots of stuff can
interfere with sendkeys that you have no control over.)

Just pretend that you're adding a new printer.

Windows Start Button|Settings|Printers|Add printer
(is how I'd start in win98)

<<snipped>>
--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
wrote:

>StargateFan wrote:
>>
><<snipped>>
>> Your idea re setting up another printer sounds intriguing, though,
>> even if I'm not sure where to start.  If I've not understood you
>> correctly, I'm setting up a dummy printer that uses everything the
>> real printer does but which has the added benefits of using settings I
>> set up?  In other words, that would allow me to work around the colour
>> restriction?
>
>Yep.  I think you may find setting up the additional printer easier than working
>with sendkeys--and it should be more reliable, too.  (Lots of stuff can
>interfere with sendkeys that you have no control over.)
>
>Just pretend that you're adding a new printer.
>
>Windows Start Button|Settings|Printers|Add printer
>(is how I'd start in win98)

<lol>  Yes, I figured out all the way right to THERE!  <g>  Um, I
needed help beyond that point.

Actually I think that will work better as the macros I made on Friday
that worked perfectly wouldn't work at all today.  I repeated the
steps several times and re-did everything, but no go.  btw, I had all
the correspondence from this thread along and followed the same steps
but no luck.  I don't know what changed.  Anyway, very disconcerting
and lowering! <sigh>

So I'm hoping that this other way will work as I just have too much to
print with the colour printer on any given day that fiddling is a
nuisance.  Also, I can't tell you how many times I forget to untick
the black colour option! <g>

Anyway, can you or anyone point me in the right direction re setting
up a printer in this way - a bogus one type-of-thing, yet putting in
the settings that I need?  I'm dealing with a networked printer.

Thanks so much!

><<snipped>>
>--
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com

0
StargateFan
6/2/2004 1:50:46 AM
In win98, I just add the printer as a new printer.

Then I can name it something nicer and rightclick on it and choose properties.
Set those properties the way you want this printer to behave.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Dave, your message isn't showing up here in the MS ng, but
I saw that you posted a reply yesterday.  I'll quote here
below:

"From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com)
Subject: Re: Print button on toolbar linked to specific
printer, way to do?

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Date: 2004-06-01 19:14:40 PST

In win98, I just add the printer as a new printer.

Then I can name it something nicer and rightclick on it
and choose properties.
Set those properties the way you want this printer to
behave."

Well, this doesn't work.  Again, to reiterate, my printer
is networked and even if I call it up a second time, it
doesn't appear in the printers folder a second time.  I
have no administrative control over this colourjet, as you
can imagine.  Also, I have Windows 2000, which I should
have mentioned.  I'm sorry about that.

I don't need this at home, where indeed I do have Win98SE,
the whole problem is here at the office.  At home I only
have one printer, anyway <g>.

So if you or anyone can point me in the right direction
(i.e., a set of instructions online) where something like
this can be done on a network printer, I'd really, really
appreciate it.  I don't know why the macros that I created
on Friday are no longer working.  I tried them again this
morning and no go.

Trouble is, too, that I don't have the kind of time here
at work that I do at home to really track down problems.
If I can get another printer defined for the colour
printer that would allow me to "override" that darn black
restriction, then a simpler macro to call up the colour
dialogue box might work.  I don't know, I'll have to try
that part again.

At any rate, getting the printer setup done correctly will
be a great thing!

Again, I'm using a networked printer where I have no
administrative control over yet the restrictions are there
not for my supervisor and myself but for the dozen or so
new people that will come on board during this election
time.  Once the election is over, we'll get our old colour
printer back and things will go back to normal.  But right
now, I must have access to an easier way to print in
colour.

Thank you so very, very much!  I really appreciate it!

0
anonymous (74717)
6/2/2004 2:20:08 PM
We used to use WinNT at work and our printers were also networked.  And with
winNT, the printer drivers are usually stored on some server (not locally).

Our printers were set up to do simplex printing.  I didn't want to change it
each time I wanted to print, so I installed a local printer driver for that
network printer.

We used HP printers, so I visited the HP printer site and grabbed the drivers.

Then I installed using that driver onto my local harddrive.  I could change
those settings anyway I wanted.

I also installed it to use LPT1 as my printer port.

Then I had to connect to that printer each time I booted up my pc.

I used a simple .bat file.

net use lpt1: \\myserver\myprinter /persist:true

(I _think_ lpt1: or lpt1 (no colon) will work, but you're testing my memory!)

The persist means that you shouldn't have to run it more than once.  Windows
should remember it (just like a mapped drive) each time you start it up.

I saved that .bat file in a nice location.

And I added that .bat file to my "windows start button|programs|startup" group.

But it's been a little while since I did this.

You could test it to see if the /persist stuff works for you.  Just open windows
start button|run and type in your equivalent command.  Then restart your pc to
see if LPT1 is still there.  If it is, you can dump the .bat file (but keep the
notes--just in case something gets reset sometime).

Now I had a printer connected to the correct network printer (via net use) and
using my local drivers.  I set it for back to back printing.

This worked until that printer jammed each time it printed something in duplex
mode and the IT solution was to remove the duplex module from the printer!

===
I was going to come back here to ask what version of windows do you use and if
the printer was a network printer.  (I must have missed that in one of your

======
And if you really want to get to the newsgroup quicker, here's a link with some
notes:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40B3EE41.8EE54A05%40msn.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

[So much easier to check things here from home with Agent!!  (Thanks
for the link below re that at the bottom; I'll check into it.  <g>]

It sounds neat re getting the driver.  I'm a little overwhelmed by the
steps at this point but I'll read them a few times until I feel sure I
know what to do.  <fingers crossed>  I'm also technically not supposed
to install stuff at work but jeez, it's such a pain the way things are
now that I'm going to have to do something like this.

It really sounds like a neat workaround.  Again, thanks.

I'll report back.

 :oD

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:15:21 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> If I can get another printer defined for the colour
>> printer that would allow me to "override" that darn black
>> restriction, then a simpler macro to call up the colour
>> dialogue box might work.  I don't know, I'll have to try
>> that part again.
>>
>> At any rate, getting the printer setup done correctly will
>> be a great thing!
>>
>> Again, I'm using a networked printer where I have no
>> administrative control over yet the restrictions are there
>> not for my supervisor and myself but for the dozen or so
>> new people that will come on board during this election
>> time.  Once the election is over, we'll get our old colour
>> printer back and things will go back to normal.  But right
>> now, I must have access to an easier way to print in
>> colour.
>>
>> Thank you so very, very much!  I really appreciate it!

0
StargateFan

printing copies

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

Copy buttons by rows
I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles there is another way... -- Optitro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Any way to delete a user?
I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users? Thanks Mark I think just remove that License from that particular user and you will be able to make use of it onto another user later on should you wish. I believe you cann't delete the users because there would be history tied behind them and hence not allowing you the option of deleteing. Regards Fakhruddin "Mark Chaplin" <mark@discgotech.com> wrote in messag...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Update link on vlookup from closed excel file
Hi, I wonder ais there any vba codes available to run the update link on vlookup formula from a closed excel file as there are number of rows using vlookup formula in 8 columns have to be manually updated the links each time when there is a change of data in the source file =VLOOKUP($A7,'C:\My Documents\P\ManagementAcct\Apr10\PAY\[KSW PL Co compare1.Apr''10.xlsSheet(1)]P&L - COMPANY (compare 1)'!$A$3:$O $60,2,FALSE) Any help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance Regards Len Did you try the followup suggestion at your other thread? Len wrote: ...

Missing "Accounts" option button from toolbar
I need to be able to choose the account via which I wish to send or reply or forward email. From the how to help I understand that I am to select which account from the "Accounts" option menu in the toolbar in Outlook 2002. The problem is I do not have an "Accounts" option in my toolbar? Can anyone help? It should be on the Standard toolbar in a new message window. Try resetting the Standard toolbar -- View | Toolbars | Customize, click the Toolbars tab, select Standard, and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will ...

Outlook 97 showing only links, no graphics
Emails I receive do not show the graphics, just the links to the graphics. Is there a setting to show the graphics and not the links? Outlook 97 does not support HTML so you will never see graphics in it. Outlook 98 was the first version to support HTML. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eldon Swenson <eswenson@hot.rr.com> asked: | Emails I receive do not show the graphics, just the links to the | graphics. Is there a setting to show the graphics and not the links?...

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

distributing paid amount to specific months
i have a table tblFundAccruals w/ field names IndexNum, PID, Month, DueAmount. .. these amounts will be accrued every month plus the unpaid amount in arrears during the past years... my problem is when a certain PID goes to pay an amount for example 500, how can i possibly allocate this amount to his monthly dues.. example, if his dues look like this: IndexNum PID Month Due 1 23 in arrears 200 2 23 Jan 100 3 23 Feb 100 how can i distribu...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Does GP Still Require Supported Printers?
In the past, GP has required "supported" printers and provided a list of supported printers inside of GP help. But I'm not seeing that now (currently v. 9). Is this still a requirement or can we use any printer that Windows supports? -- Brandon - Greenville, SC I NEED YOUR VOTE! - I'm a semi-finalist - - in the Microsoft/HGTV - - Home Office Makeover Contest - - w/ Vern Yip - - VOTE NOW @ http://www.makeovermyoffice.com - Brandon, Here is the link to the GP 9.0 printer compatibility list: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/systemrequir...

Copying linked sheet
Worksheet 1 has each cell linked from various cells in another workbook. I want to copy and link the whole of worksheet 1 into worksheet 2. When I try to, (Paste special, Paste link), all the cells have 0 in them, instead of the data. It may be because when I open spreadsheet 1, it says there is a circular reference. We've worked out that the original worksheet was linked in the same workbook and was then copied, but trying to copy 'from the copy' caused the problem. But when we now try to copy and link from the original, we lose the formatting, even though we tick ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

.h and .cpp buttons
Hi, I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked for them from the "customize" dialog but didn't find any close. Could you tell me where I find them? Thanks for your help. Tony Tony Young wrote: > Hi, > > I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. > They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its > corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked fo...