Print Button help

can  I create a print button for my workbook  that would open a smal
form and let the user select which sheets and how many copies?  O
would I be better off linking the button to the windows print scree
for the user to make a choice?

2ndly, how do you set the buttons to "visible only on screen" like yo
can in Access?  (so they don't print)  Thank Yo

Brian

Yes, you can create a print button and use code such as can be found at John
Walkenbach's site.  It does not allow designating number of copies, but I'm
sure you could alter that.

OR teach the users to just select sheet tabs by CRTL + Click then go through
the Excel print dialog.

Buttons and other objects have properties that can be set to "not print".

Right-Click on the button and Format>Properties> uncheck "Print Object"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:53:29 -0600, -Brian-H-
<<Brian-H-.1168f3@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>can  I create a print button for my workbook  that would open a small
>form and let the user select which sheets and how many copies?  Or
>would I be better off linking the button to the windows print screen
>for the user to make a choice?
>

>2ndly, how do you set the buttons to "visible only on screen" like you
>can in Access?  (so they don't print)  Thank You
>

>---

Gord
2/5/2004 10:43:18 PM
Perfect! Thanks again:

help #18
I have a column in an excel sheet (max 65000 rows) which contains text. I want to strip off the first word of the text string and place this into a different column leaving the rest(minus this one word) in the original column cell. in toal i have 85000 records and doing this by hand will take for ever. Once this is done I will transfer all records to an access database. can some one please give me a guide on how to go about doing this In an adjacent column =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)) and copy down. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct...

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

printing copies

Copy buttons by rows
I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles there is another way... -- Optitro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

POS Error
We're running POS 1.3r using PCCHARGE. In the past month we have received 3 errors while processing either a sale or a return using a credit card. After scanning the card the register displays the following error message: ERROR 2147217871 TIMEOUT EXPIRED (SOURCE MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER). It then goes on to say (SQL STATE HYT00 NATIVE ERROR 0) NO HELP FILE AVAILABLE. At this point the transaction exits. I've since discovered that the CUSTOMER's record has not been updated to reflect TOTALVISITS or TOTALSALES. Additionally, TENDERTOTALS, TENDERENTRY, and BAT...

TCP/IP printing

Missing "Accounts" option button from toolbar
I need to be able to choose the account via which I wish to send or reply or forward email. From the how to help I understand that I am to select which account from the "Accounts" option menu in the toolbar in Outlook 2002. The problem is I do not have an "Accounts" option in my toolbar? Can anyone help? It should be on the Standard toolbar in a new message window. Try resetting the Standard toolbar -- View | Toolbars | Customize, click the Toolbars tab, select Standard, and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will ...

Printing booklet

Help with compile error MS S using MT and clr
Help!, I need to compile this code with static libs so it run on another XP machine that does'nt have MS Studio installed. When I compile now I get an ERROR: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: drawing_control, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'drawing_control', configuration 'Release|Win32' 1>Compiling... 1>cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr:oldsyntax' command-line options are incompatible 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Grant\Desktop\dra...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Unable to offer remote help to Windows 7 Clients
Hi all, Have been unable to offer remote help (through SBS Console) to Windows 7 machines... Does anyone know if it's still not supported under SBS 2003 ? Thanks, Dan Daniel Jewel wrote: > Hi all, > > Have been unable to offer remote help (through SBS Console) to Windows > 7 machines... > > Does anyone know if it's still not supported under SBS 2003 ? > > Thanks, > > Dan I don't know if this is a "support" issue as more of a dealing with UAC issue. Did you read up on the Vista/2k3 interaction? Same rules app...

Help!! #3
I am new to the forum and would greatly appreciate any assistance that experienced Outlook users have. I cannot send/receive any emails on Outlook and continue to receive the following error message "(0x80042109) Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server." I contacted my service administrator and everything looks fine on there end. Guessing that I might have a corrupt file? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you connected to a different network than what your email is set up to use? For example, you have ...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

HELP- Money 2005 will not load
I have purchased two copies of Money 2005, one for my notebook and the other for my desktop. The notebook loaded with no problem and has overwritten Money 2001 and converted the files. It will not load on the Desktop, error message says some files could not be loaded and to run setup again. I have three times it still will not load. Why not, I have closed down all software that is running anti virus etc. Both computers are running XP Home Spanish. I am really pissed off, what can I do to get it to load. Peter Cleife Me Again I downloaded the UK Trial Version from the web, this loa...

Thanks Jon for your Jan 2001 post......it helped me today!
Thanks for this Jon....... I found it doing a Google Search.....used it 21 times today. It works super. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 1. Robin Blackwell Jan 30 2001, 4:23 pm Hi all, I have a large number of Excel 97 Charts that are regularly updated from their corresponding Worksheets. I would like to include on the charts a text title from the Worksheet at cell A1. Is their anyway to link the cell to a text box on each Chart? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Robin 2. Jon Peltier Jan 31 2001, 12:27 am Hi Robin - Easy. Click on the title. Click in the formula bar, press ...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

.h and .cpp buttons
Hi, I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked for them from the "customize" dialog but didn't find any close. Could you tell me where I find them? Thanks for your help. Tony Tony Young wrote: > Hi, > > I remember I saw an .h and a .cpp button on someone's Visual Studio 6.0. > They allow you to switch from the currently edited .cpp file to its > corresponding .h file, and vise versa. I looked fo...