Print Area Macro

Hi All

I would like to write a macro which selects a range which I have named as
the print area.

I am able to select a print area by writing (for example):

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$A$10"

However, if I name the range A1:A10 as "PrintArea" then I would think the
following macro should work but it does not:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Range("PrintArea")

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Nick

0
Nick4562 (282)

Hi Nick

A string with the address of the cells to be printed
is expected, so instead use:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Range("PrintArea").Address

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"NICK" <NICK@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi All
>
> I would like to write a macro which selects a range which I have named as
> the print area.
>
> I am able to select a print area by writing (for example):
>
> ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$A$10"
>
> However, if I name the range A1:A10 as "PrintArea" then I would think the
> following macro should work but it does not:
>
> ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Range("PrintArea")
>
> If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers
> Nick

hi,
one way to do this is to have the macro declare the area
to print a range name. then have the print area = the
range name. for example:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="RangeName", RefersTo:= _
                Range("A1", Range("A1").end(xldown) _
                .offset(0,10))
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "RangeName"
'ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
'ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=4, _
Collate:=True

this sniplet would select a range 10 columns wide and
however many rows you have. then choose wheather you want
to preview the report or just print it and how many copies.

reguards
Frank

0
anonymous (74717)

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

printing copies

Macro for blocker from using cell range
Is there a way to write code that can unlock a worksheet (w/password) allowing the user access to functionality while relocking (w/password) the worksheet should the user mouse click or move into a range of cells that would normally be locked? Assistance and a learning opportunity is always appreciated... Regards, Lenny With "qwerty" as defined name for range =Sheet1!$A$1:$F$12,Day!$A$26:$F$34 Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Me.Range("qwerty") On Error GoTo ws_exit: Applica...

Ghosted print and print preview

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Formula/Macro to tally up numbers in Excel
I have a list of numbers in a column, e.g. :- 1 4 6 1 35 14 15 15 2 1 6 6 1 19 15 5 and want the computer to work out for me, how many times number x has turned up in column B? I presume this is possible with a function/macro within excel fairly easily? Any advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Please prefably reply in the newsgroup, or via email to "newshelp@the-core.freeserve.co.uk.DELETE", removing the .DELETE from the end of my address. Thanks, Mark Pyne Hi Have a look at COUNTIF() and try something like: =COUNTIF(B:B,1) to count how many 1s there ...

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

macro for autofilling cells below identically
I need to sort a list by column "A" to take out blank rows and/or rows that are populated with garbage that tagged along when I imported it as text. Here is the problem (simplified for easier explanation): Cell A1 is a part number. Cells A2:A5 are empty Cells B1:B5 are inventory counts of A1 This pattern repeats itself and the list is too long to manually copy Cell A1 down to A2:A5. Of course if I sort as it is, all the rows where A2:A5 are blank will sort to the bottom. How can I fill all empty cells with the value immediately above it? Try: Assumption: No empty cell in col...

Printing problem

Area under graph
Does anyone know how I can get the area under the curve for a graph I've created? Hi Mike, Check out Bernard's examples of how to implement Trapezoid and Simpson Rules www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips Mike wrote: > Does anyone know how I can get the area under the curve > for a graph I've created? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Do you know the functional form of the curve? Many curves (for example polynomials) can be analytically integrated after estiimating a few parameters. Cubic splines approximates the chart line smoother i...

Un-assign a macro
This is not obvious to me! How do you un-assign a macro from a picture? I wish to keep the macro, and the picture, but remove the assignation. Any help? Many thanks George Gee Hi George Rightclick the picture, choose "Assign macro", clear the macro name field. OK. HTH. Best wishes Harald "George Gee" <george.nomaps@ntlworld.xom> skrev i melding news:%23xO$5cN7EHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > This is not obvious to me! > How do you un-assign a macro from a picture? > I wish to keep the macro, and the picture, but remove the assignation. > > A...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Bob C. Hello Bob, Sometimes just restarting the computer will have them return. If not, then the downloads in METHOD THREE of the tutorial below may be able to fix this for you. ...