Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel

Hello

I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an
phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad-
schooled users can use that button too.

I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a
document directly to the default printer. Straingely I
can't find them anywhere.

Greetings,
Pieter Palsma

Pieter

If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click
on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints
it and then closes Excel.

Andy
"Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an
> phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad-
> schooled users can use that button too.
>
> I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a
> document directly to the default printer. Straingely I
> can't find them anywhere.
>
> Greetings,
> Pieter Palsma

0
andy2763 (218)

How to not see "on behalf of" in Outlook 2002 without Exchange
I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email accounts send using their own name and not the name of the default account? I do not use MS Exchange. Thanks You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the toolbar to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new message form. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

I am looking for an excell worksheet for restaurant inventory
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am currently trying to get a new restaurant out of a hole and I need as many resources as I can get my hands on quickly. Once I had a great spreadsheet for inventory which included cells which automatically calculated a cost per ounce price. I used it for costing purposes as well as my daily and weekly inventory. Lisa, I "Googled", "inventory worksheet" and got 1,080,000 hits. The first page listed one spreadsheet for restaurant from RestaurantOwner.com. Good luck. HTH :-) "Lise" wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2003. I...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

printing copies

Word 2007 Configuration at start up
Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time it starts? I should mention that Exel opens fine as well as other Office 2007 program. Also I did have Word 2000 installed but took it off already and also un installed the trial version that was on here. So those fixes have been tried already. "miatapete" wrote: > Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time > it starts? Run Word as administrator and allow it to reconfigure. If you have more than one Word version installed - see the registry chan...

Ghosted print and print preview

vioce in excel
In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio actually tells you what is in the cell I would really like to know how to turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel Please help I'm afraid I don't have 2007, but in 2003 it was under Tools - Speech. You could try looking in the XL help file for "speech playback". -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "lori" wrote: > In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio > actually tells y...

TCP/IP printing

Excel to OLE DB
I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an excel file into that format? Thank you. "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in > order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an > excel file into that format? I suspect this means the native Excel data must be organized as a database i.e. rows of columns with column headers, values with con...

Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?
Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts? Importing contacts in Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint contacts is something that SharePoint does not support. Probably you can define your contacts as a 'Custom List' in SharePoint. If you are specific about importing from a Excel spreadsheet, you can take a look at SharePoint List Management Solution (SPListM) which allows you to import list items(contacts) with associated metadata and file attachments to your SharePoint Lists such as Contacts, Calendars, Surveys, Discussion Boards etc. SharePoint by default does...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Print Dynamic Range

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

Printing booklet

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

CHtmlView and Printing

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

"Tiled" print setting.

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

Problems with printing