I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?

BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel users
are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again.

Jae
0
jae (17)

Put them in a group box, again from the forms toolbar.

Drag the group box onto the sheet, then drag the checkboxes in.

--

HTH

RP

"Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
> each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
> checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
>
> BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
users
> are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jae

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/18/2005 8:46:30 PM
Hi!

If you were to use option buttons instead of checkboxes that would prevent
more than a single selection. If you have a series of 5 option buttons only
one can be selected.

It would be a lot of work replacing 100 checkboxes with option buttons,
though!

Biff

"Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
> each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
> checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
>
> BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
> users
> are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jae

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/18/2005 8:51:08 PM
Ignore that, I read optionbuttons for checkboxes. See Biff's response.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Put them in a group box, again from the forms toolbar.
>
> Drag the group box onto the sheet, then drag the checkboxes in.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes
in
> > each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user
from
> > checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
> >
> > BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
> users
> > are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Jae

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to see
How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop down box for the answer. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DD0016C4-C699-4072-995B-EBD986EEEED7@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. > For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop > down box for...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

"This is a pre-release version of the Compatibility Pack and can open pre-release Office 2007 files only. Do you want to check for a newer version of the Compatibility Pack?"
Hello. I have a client who is still using old Office 2002/XP SP3 on his old Windows 2000 SP4 Dell desktop Optiplex GX280 PC. Both his Windows and Office have all the latest updates from MS updates. He downloaded a Word docx file through Firefox v3.6 and was unable to open it due to an error: "This is a pre-release version of the Compatibility Pack and can open pre-release Office 2007 files only. Do you want to check for a newer version of the Compatibility Pack?" I tried uninstalling and reinstalling "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and ...

combo box column 1 query
Can anyone tell me what this doesn't work? The function is supposed to refer to the first column combo box. FYI: the data comes of sql server. SELECT Station, TxDatetime, Drawer, SubDrawer, Pkt, GenMedName, BrandMedName, MedID, Amt, [Min], [Max], UserName, UserID, PtID, PaType FROM dbo.phmPYXHx WHERE (UserName = N'[Form]!PX_UserReports!combo0!Column(1)') <-- here is where i refer to column1 of the combo Misty -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

spell check 01-20-10
I am trying to spell sheck a document wriiten in English. I receive an error message stating that spell check no longer available in that language. Can you help or explain why? This language is no longer available for Spell Checking: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68395-windows-mail-spell-check.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "spell check problem" <spell check problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5EFE12D-1AE5-4E80-97B4-4539FB471FD5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to spell sheck a ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

moving and dragging multiple cells together without merging?
is it possible to do this say i have a row, A2-F7 there is data in each cell can i make it so i move any of the cells (lets say C2) up or down and the whole row will all move in a unit as if it was merged? i dont want to officially merge though because then that will screw up the data inside the cells -- pete321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pete321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35354 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=551972 Instead of a cell, use the row count...

Multiple Outlook 2003 problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3EAFE.732D7EA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable 1) every time it starts up I get a runtime error (one of the error = processing line number 67 errors) - It's a default install, nothing = special connecting to an Exchange server. 2) I get prompts every few minutes to login. Same two prompts every = time. One is a windows login prompt (to what I don't know, can only = assume something in outlook) and the other is a .net login. I always = just c...

Send multiple charts by e-mail
I need to send charts only ( not the supporting data) to 11 people by e-mail. About 15 charts per person. But 4 people would get all the charts (about 80 charts). I have the chart file prepared with a macro that creates the charts one at a time according to an account number that I enter into a key cell to form a criteria that filters data and makes the chart. A part of this macro also prints the charts on a printer. But I need to send them electronically instead of physically. The charts can be copied easily, but won't paste into an e-mail. I don't want to copy one at a ...

A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup
has anyone come across this message Is this when creating a new transaction? It's possible that you've 'run out' of numbers....what does the module setup say? If you have something like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual intervention. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642E314C-DFEF-48C9-BD37-EB047270430E@microsoft.com... > has anyone come across this message Victoria has one ...

Multiple Modes?
I cant figure out how to get, let's say the top 10 recurring values for a very large set of data. I need to know which values occur most frequent. I have been able to get the mode but not the top ten modes. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks! Look up the FREQUENCY function in help. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Gaeza" <Gaeza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BBADD70-4BED-46BA-BA27-E0EA8846149A@microsoft.com... >I cant figure out how to get, let's say the top 10 recurring ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

List box value returns the row number of the list box range row
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a list box set up on a worksheet and I want the user to select a value from the list box, and then have that value entered into a cell when a button is clicked. When I run/step through the macro, it takes a value and places it into the appropriate cell. The problem is that the value which is placed in the cell is not the value from the listbox, but the row number of the value that was chosen. Using the below row numbers and values as an example; if I select value 7 from the list box, the val...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Multiple version instances in GP 9.0 and 10.0
I am trying to run multiple instances on one machine for GP 9.0 and GP 10.0 using a second instance of SQL Server 2005, although I get a Dexterity Runtime error. Is it necessary to have this second instance of SQL? Any clues? Thanks in advance. Each instance must have it's own DYNAMICS database. Also, make sure that you have two seperate DSN's, one that points to version 9, one that points to version 10. When you log into GP, make sure you use the correct DSN for that version. Hope that helps, Jim "Kelly" wrote: > I am trying to run multiple instances on one ...

Where is the zoom control box I want to adjust width
I want to adjust width where do I find the Zoom control bar? On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:18:01 -0700, NORM <NORM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to adjust width where do I find the Zoom control bar? ASSUMING you have Word 2007 -- always an important "detail" -- it's a slider in the bottom right corner of the window. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ....and if you don't see it, then right-click the status bar...

Multiple copies of a worksheet
I am creating a workbook with up to 30 sheets. I have created a templat in sheet 2, and want to copy that sheet 29 times for multiple users t them enter data into. It is rather burdensome to keep selecting an copying (w/ move to end) sheets until I have the amount I need. Is there a way to create multiple copies at one time? Any help i appreciated -- SirSF ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SirSFZ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2168 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55819 ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Emailing Excel File to Multiple Addresses
I have an excel file that contains payment remittance data from many companies that I want e mailed to each company individually. However the info to be sent can only be the info for that company and not everyone elses. Also, if the sending of the emails to each company can be automated, that would be great Can anyone help? Hi DougJoe! Take a look at: Ron de Bruin: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#sheets If you put each company's info on a separate sheet or make sure that no "foreign" data is on the sheet, Ron's code will be very useful. I use it a lot to send o...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...