I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?

BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel users
are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again.

Jae
0
jae (17)

Put them in a group box, again from the forms toolbar.

Drag the group box onto the sheet, then drag the checkboxes in.

--

HTH

RP

"Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
> each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
> checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
>
> BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
users
> are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jae

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/18/2005 8:46:30 PM
Hi!

If you were to use option buttons instead of checkboxes that would prevent
more than a single selection. If you have a series of 5 option buttons only
one can be selected.

It would be a lot of work replacing 100 checkboxes with option buttons,
though!

Biff

"Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes in
> each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user from
> checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
>
> BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
> users
> are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jae

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/18/2005 8:51:08 PM
Ignore that, I read optionbuttons for checkboxes. See Biff's response.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Put them in a group box, again from the forms toolbar.
>
> Drag the group box onto the sheet, then drag the checkboxes in.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Jae" <Jae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a worksheet with over 20 rows of check boxes with 5 check boxes
in
> > each row.  (from the forms toolbox)  I would like to prevent the user
from
> > checking more than one box in each row.  Is  this possible?
> >
> > BTW, this forum has been a great help.  I'm so glad that expert Excel
> users
> > are so willing to share their wealth of knowledge.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Jae

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

List Box Click Event Anomaly.
Access 2003. I have a form with a List Box control, the Row Source is linked to a query to show a list of client addreses. The List Box control is third in the Tab order so the user will press the TAB key and move the cursor to the List Box, use the Up and Down arrow keys on the keyboard to select a record in the list and then click the selected record to display some information about the client. The problem is that as soon as they press an arrow key, the List Box Click event is triggered and they get the first client in the list instead of the one they want. This seems to be a f...

Validation
I need some help in using excel, particularily the validation command I am not a beginner, but am no where near an advanced level user. The issue I am having is creating a list box that is contingent o the preceding list box I am unsure if this can be done in excel but am trying to build it so that you can pick some information in a lis box based on what was in the preceding list box. I do not need t immedietly go to the next list box, so if you can please help, greatly appreciate it Here is what I am trying to do. (Hopefully this is enough detail fo those of you that are familiar with ex...

Remove dropdown arrow from read-only combo box
Is it possible to get rid of the dropdown arrow in a combo box and make it look like a text field? Wierd question, I know. Thanks! On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:25:01 -0700, KADL <KADL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to get rid of the dropdown arrow in a combo box and make it >look like a text field? > >Wierd question, I know. > >Thanks! > You can hide it (cover it) but you can't remove it. What are you trying to ACCOMPLISH? I.e. what end result do you want - rather than saying how you want to get that result? -- ...

Publisher 2002 prints a red x in a black box instead of photo
Photo imported into a Publisher 2002 document doesn't print - instead see red x in a small black box. Same document sent to my sister prints photo fine - so there's apparently a problem having Publisher 2002 talk to my new HP C7280 printer. Any solutions? When you are ready to print click the "Advanced Print Settings" button, is "Print full-resolution linked graphics" enabled? There is a driver for your printer on the HP web site with a May 2009 timestamp. If your new printer has been on the shelf for awhile the online driver maybe newer. http://h10025.w...

solving error cyclic redundancy check to install a software program
I am attempting to install a software program I need for my business. When I attempt to do so an error shows up saying install support file missing engine. Or Cyclic redundancy check. In any case it is not allowing me to install my program. I installed this program some time before in the past and I had no problem. But I have since then reinstalled XP a new with no changes to my system. Please help, the program to be installed is essential to my business. Thank you, Albert Affiliate Bancorp Inc. Sales Manager yourloanXpert@charter.net 562-439-3283 ...

How do I prevent duplicate numbers in a range of validated cells?
I have a validation rule for a series of cells. The 3 cells are only allowed to have a value of 3, 5, or 1. I want to fix it so that each number may only be used once in a range of 3 cells. .... So in A1:A3, each number may only appear once or an error message pops up or the cell starts blinking ~ something needs to happen to notify the user that there is an error that needs correcting. THanks ...

Multiple Search Criteria/ Index Match
I am using the following formula to retrieve data that matches tw specific criteria. =INDEX(C2:C80,MATCH(1,(A2:A80="Liverpool")*(B2:B80="January"),0)) using ctrl,shift, enter to give curly brackets to make it work. This formula is then repeated in the cell directly below, but searche for "February", below that "March" and so on. However when I copy my formula, I have to change the month for eac cell and therefore have to put in the curly brackets again. Is there anyway around this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a list with the ...

Text box disappears #2
I have created a chart in Excel that has an additional text box at the bottom of the chart. Every time I try to paste the chart into Word, the text box disappears. In fact, as soon as I click on a cell outside of the chart in the Excel worksheet, the text box disappears. I can make the box reappear by clicking on the area of the chart where the text box is located, but it doesn't stay visible if I click outside the chart. How can I get the text box to stay visible and transfer to Word? Please help! Thanks!! ...

Managing multiple mailboxes
Hello everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to set this up in their environment(s). Currently, we have a user that manages two mailboxes, his own and a group mailbox. His daily tasks include checking the incoming messages from the group mailbox and responding to them. What he's been finding is if he responds to any emails within the group mailbox, and chooses to send FROM the group mailbox, when the message is sent Outlook drops the message into his personal mailbox, rather than the group mailbox. Normally this would be okay, but since this same mailbox is manag...

check book register built in to the product (like mine)
my bosses alway wants a check book registar that looks just like his own personal check book. something simple and plain. for his eyes not for internal purposes he just wants to see all at once with disciptions cash inflows and outflows. It would be used at the end of the week what checks went out and what deposts came in and how are we sitting for the week cash positive or negitive? he wants employee names vendor, and what department it came from. He really would like to see a check book for each department. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respo...

Excel validation using multiple conditions
Hi I am faced with a situation where i need some help. I a having a worksheet which calculates the number of leave accumulated fo an employee. when we choose a particular option for the employee, say "xx" whe he/she works overtime, right now i have set up a formula to calculat the number of times this occurs. I need help to further enhance this functionality. Based on the date o which the "xx" is entered into a particular employee's row, i need t create another column which validates the particular date and check whether more than a month has elapsed from the date...

Managing Multiple Exch 5.5 mailboxes
Does anyone know of a way or a utility that will support making changes to multiple mailboxes simultaneously? I need to configure mailbox size limits for several hundred users in an NT4/Exchange 5.5 environment. Please feel free to email me at rwright@eckerd.org. Thanks in advance! Ray Wright ...

Templates to multiple People
I am trying to create and email template that I am going to send to multiple contacts. When I go to send the email and insert the template, I am prompted to ask for the user to apply the template to. How do I send an email to 100 contacts based on one template? How do I do this with a template from Word? Thanks. Rob You can create an email template for CRM by going to Home Page > Settings > Templates > Email Templates. Click on create a new template, and select whether you want to send it contacts, leads, etc. You can paste your Word doc into the template, but you will...

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

Multiple excel users can open the same file and edit at the same .
We are running Excel 2002 SP2. We recently moved to a Windows 2000 server and now we are running into the issue where Multiple users can open the same excel file and edit it at the same time without getting the file the 2nd time in Read Only mode. Go to Tools>Share Workbook & choose the setting to Allow changes by more than one user. The file must also be stored in a Shared network/workgroup folder. Save the fil. It is also strongly recommended that you research the feature in Excel Help to become more familiar with it before you start sharing the file. HTH |:>) "Jef...

In Excel the Y axis title box cuts off the last letter.
The Y axis title box always cuts off the last letter no matter what type or size of font. It doesn't matter how many letters either 5 or 15, the last one is aways missing. A known bug (only some users experience it). Workaround: add some dots (.....) to end of the title and format them with font of the same colour as the title background. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B698A36-4475-4DA3-A2B1-6DDCC9185E75@microsoft.com... > The Y axis title box al...

Draw rectangle around text in text box
Hello, on a report's groupheader i have a textbox which i would like to be framed by a rectangle depending on the width of the text it contains. I now use the TextWidth function within the following code: Private Sub Gruppenkopf0_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Breite = Me.TextWidth(Me.Text20) Me.Line (Text20.Left, Text20.Top)-((Text20.Left + Breite), (Text20.Top + Text20.Height)), , B End Sub But the TextWidth function doesn't seem to calculate the width of the text in the textbox properly, it is too small. If I multiply the result (Breite) by 1.6 I get a go...

Multiple XY pairs in scatter plot Excel 2007
I want to create a trajectory plot, being that each trajectory is a set of XY pairs (2 columns). For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu. Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a more practical way to add series to the graph. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue. An am assuming the x-values for the two sets of data are not the ...

Possible to perform admin tasks on multiple users?
I have about 700 users that I need to hide from the globa address book and all need the same out of office messag setting and activating on their mailboxes. All the exchang servers involved are running 5.5 and are part of the sam NT domain, is there a way I can do this without goin through one account at a time If not then I'm in for a bad day :( "Gayle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have about 700 users that I need to hide from the global >address book and all need the same out of office message >setting and activating on their mailboxes. Al...

PowerPoint 2007 Size and Position dialog box for formating SmartAr
In PowerPoint 2003, I find the Size and Position tabs in the Format Autoshape Dialog box. For PowerPoint 2007, I have found instructions to access the Size and Positon dialog box through the shortcut menu. However, when I right-click the SmartArt graphic, the shortcut menu does not have a Size and Position to select. Where can I access the Size and Position dialog box in 2007 when formating a SmartArt graphic? Thank you for your help. On 11/24/09 1:53 PM, in article 2DC5B632-63C0-4AAC-B6F5-7B5B0CDDBAF0@microsoft.com, "mirmesquite" <mirmesquite@discussions.micr...

Can you create a check box or radio button in Excel?
Yep. Try showing the Forms toolbar. There's a checkbox and option button on that toolbar. The control toolbox toolbar also has its own versions of these, too. sf49ers wrote: -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thank you very much for your help. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Yep. > > Try showing the Forms toolbar. There's a checkbox and option button on that > toolbar. > > The control toolbox toolbar also has its own versions of these, too. > > sf49ers wrote: > > -- > > Dave Peterson > ...

Access photo sorting into multiple catagories
in access i am trying to sort a load of photos into multiple catagories if one customer is female, age 30-40, is tall, has Course hair, but not alot of hair on there head ect ect. this photo may belong to ages 20-30 as well as 30-40 and may be sutable for someone with fine hair aswell but maynot suit someone with thick covering of hair. i would like this database to tell me all picks that will suit this customer and others. what tables should i create and how should i relate them. if anyone can help great On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 03:04:01 -0800, Ahhmonkey <Ahhmonkey@discussions...

How could I select Multiple options in options group in form
I would like to create a Option Group in my form and let user to choose multiple options to print the deferent report. You can't choose multiple options from an option group. You could use whatever control you are using for the options (radio buttons, check boxes, etc) individually. Then you would have to make your selections for your report based on which controls are selected. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Marjaneh" wrote: > I would like to create a Option Group in my form and let user to choose > multiple options to print the deferent report. ...

Display real time image in a dialog box
Anyone pls. help me in showing the real time images obtained from camera in a dialog box. I have displayed a image created in memory of which the raw data is obtained from a camera. I have used StretchBlt to show the image. Now I want to add a control so that the image obtained from camera is updated after a certain interval something like a TV picture. I do not whether I should update the command at a certain time interval or MFC has something like that. Pls. suggest if anyone could positively. Thanking you in anticipation. Surya wrote: > Anyone pls. help me in showing the real ti...

CRM 3.0, SBS 2003, and Faxing to multiple recipients
Ok, I've got a customer that wants to fax blast to a group of their leads... I have everything working fairly well with incoming and outgoing 'single' send faxes.... My question is...I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a quick campaign or campaign that will take my marketing list and fax to all of them instead of creating xxx number of Activities to do for the user (opening each 1 and clicking send)... There has to be a better way... Any ideas? thanks, james I am having the same problem. I cannot figure how to send multiple fax from a marketing list...