Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?

I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a
seperate worksheet.  When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is
placed in my seperate table, not all of them.  How do I fix this?
0
lybrt98 (1)

Duplicate data on combo box
I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info is entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city field. However, if there is more than one customer from NEW YORK it is showing new york twice instead of once. How can I change that? Thanks "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA286B1-1A7A-40D3-849B-9E7634F0B705@microsoft.com... >I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info >is > entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city > f...

Edit Pie Chart Data Label
I am using a pie chart to detail a subset of data and I am having trouble getting the chart to display the data I need. For example: Fruit equals 25% of overall diet. Within fruit I ate: Fruit # Eaten % of Overall Diet Apples 10 10% Oranges 8 8% Pears 7 7% I want to graph fruit consumption in pie chart and add all information to the data label using a link. I get this to work (click on data label and add location of cells), but I can't get it to display properly. I am getting Apples 10 10% but I...

First Class Mail Import
I have a new site that was recently purchased by my company, they are using First Class Mail Verison 8, i need to export that data from FCM and import it into my exchange server. Has anyone had any experience with this piece of software or worked with the import of its data into exchange. any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ArtimusMaximus ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

generate a list from a single row of data
Using Excel 97, I have a spreadsheet of Project Reports, arranged across the sheet as follows : Column A thru I are templates, hidden from the Project Managers Column J I want to have a table of project names that are in the worksheet Column K is blank Column L is the labels/descriptions for rows going across the worksheet Rows 4 - 29 Various Dates/contacts etc. Rows 30--53 Month labels for 2 years of resource forecast data Column M, rows 4-29 blank rows 30-53 Project Manager absence (vacation/training) forecasts Column N is a Summary row of Project Managers forecast time for all projects ...

null byte in data
what does this error message indicate? "556 null byte in data". It seems messages sent to all my comcast.net email addresses get bounced back. tia, dave ...

Response Time When retrieving data into an ACCESS form from SQL se
It seems like the slow response time (about 700 records) from SQL Server database, is related to retrieving one record at a time instead of retrieving all records at the same time into recordset for the ACCESS form. This retrieval generates considerably network traffic. What I would like to know is how response time can be improved. Is there a setting in ACCESS to improve the retrieval process or is this something that is related to programming such as an event?? In this case of 700 records the response time is about 4 to 5 minutes. The response time is instantanous for just a few ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Sorting blocks of data or named fields?
Hi I have a sort problem that I have approached from a number of angles and cannot seem to find a solution to, I am using excel xp. I have produced a web query which has returned a list which has a number of "blocks" of information each of which is four columns by four rows with two blank lines between each block. Each "block" has a number of blank spaces within it. I wish to sort the "blocks" of information(Kept together) based upon a value within the "block" I have tried a simple sort and the blocks have been broken up when sorted, I have tried to aloc...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Data Source Migration Using MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM
If I want to move one data source (not a whole DPM disk) to another DPM disk using the MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM script, will DPM really not host any new replica/recovery points on the data source's original DPM disk? This page says "the original disk from where the data was migrated is not chosen for hosting any new backups," but I don't see why DPM would do that if you're migrating just one data source and not all data sources on the whole DPM disk: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd282970.aspx I'm asking because I'd like to use Mi...

data entry excel 2003
when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? Tools/Options/Edit uncheck the Fixed decimal places checkbox. In article <07cc01c3dcfe$7a6e9fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "colin" <c.wright17@ntlworld.com> wrote: > when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the > same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type > 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

consolidate data into one workbook
How can i copy data from a free-form worksheet in several workbooks into a single strict table worksheet Hi Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "motq" <motq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73013A23-EA51-47ED-A423-96F53AC214AB@microsoft.com... > How can i copy data from a free-form worksheet in several workbooks into a > single strict table worksheet ...

xml file data source
I would like to run SELECT SQL queries against DataTable's in my DataSet which has been initialized with ReadXml. Has anyone done this? What is the connect string, provider, etc? How? DataSet is a disconnected in memory cache of data. Irrespective of how you populate it, you can always use a DataView or the Select method on DataTable to query it. Look here [1] for examples. Specifically [2] --VV [MS] vascov@microsoft.com [1] http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/ [2] http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/adoplus/FilterData.aspx "Dirk" <d> wrote ...

Importing CSV files
I want to create a CSV file to import directly into EXCEL but have the following problem. Say for example I want to import a Credit Card Number with the digits 4218000012344321 and other information like the first and last name. I create the following CSV file. "Bob","Jones","4218000012344321" "John","Bobbins","4218000043211234" When I double click the CSV file, it opens in Excel but the following happens Column A will have BOB and John - which is correct Column B will have Jones and Bobbins - again which is correct but Column ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Importing data from Access
I only want to import some of the data from an external Access table. What that data is, is identified by one of the fields but I do not want to import the identifier field. Is this possible? If so, how? Dear Dani Click on the Data menu and select "Get External Data", and then select "New Database Query". MS Query will open. Navigate to the required database, and then pull out the table that you wish to work with. Select the relative fields, and then click on File, and then "Return data to Microsoft Excel" That should do what you want Hope this helps ...

Data moving 3
Hi I need to a code, when run it on any sheet, copy of column X paste to a file (R.xls) in sheet1 and locate on column H respectively. in otherwords, first run of desired code, paste column X to column H of R.xls and second run,paste column X to column I of R.xls and so on. best regards S.O.S Any help will be greatly appreciating "climate" wrote: > Hi > I need to a code, when run it on any sheet, copy of column X paste to a file > (R.xls) in sheet1 and locate on column H respectively. in otherwords, first > run of desired code, paste column X to co...

Auto-Enter Data from One Sheet to Another
Help, please! I have been literally tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get this to work for over 6 months now, and I am still coming up empty. Here is what I have. Column A Column B Supplier # Supplier Name xxxxxxxx Nishikawa xxxxxxxx Johnson Controls xxxxxxxx Furukawa xxxxxxxx Honda Lock xxxxxxxx Takata Petri Etc., etc. (there are approximately 1000 different supplier numbers with corresponding supplier names). This is on one worksheet. In the same book, I have another worksheet that has a form that requires data to be entered into it...

Can you sort Excel data by font color?
I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this true and how do you do it? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Help Me Sort" <Help Me Sort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF1E9176-5818-4185-9DD7-A74A613914E2@microsoft.com... >I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this >true > and how do you do it? Only with VBA or helper columns: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByC...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...