Preserve decimal 0 in function bar

Hi, my problem is to show decimal in bar function when decimal is 0

If i write "=3,00+2,70" excel write "=3+2,7".

How can i say excel to don't truncate 0?

A workaround is to write function like this:
="3,00"+"2,70"

....but i don't like it. There is another solutions?

Thanks!!!!
0
forum (466)

If you mean you want to change what you see in the cell, you do that with
formatting. Set the number of decimal places to 2. If you mean you want to
change what is displayed in the formula bar, I don't think that is possible.

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:56:49 GMT, "Babba M via OfficeKB.com"
<forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote:

>Hi, my problem is to show decimal in bar function when decimal is 0
>
>If i write "=3,00+2,70" excel write "=3+2,7".
>
>How can i say excel to don't truncate 0?
>
>A workaround is to write function like this:
>="3,00"+"2,70"
>
>...but i don't like it. There is another solutions?
>

>Thanks!!!!
0
anonymous (74717)

CRM Mailbox User on the 3.0 Demo Drive ?
Does anyone know what the CRM System Mailbox User is for the 3.0 demo drive? -Luke ...

why this->PostMessage(ID_FILE_NEW,0,0) not works
Hello everyone, On clicking one menu item, I need to do some functions, then do the same action as ID_FILE_NEW is called. I have the following code but it not works. Help! void CMainFrame::OnMenuitemNewWebsite() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here FUN_Website::New (false); this->PostMessage(ID_FILE_NEW,0,0); // ::PostMessage(this->GetSafeHwnd(),ID_FILE_NEW,0,0) ; } Thank you, Kelvin Hi, ID_FILE_NEW is a control identifier, from a menu in this case. The first parameter of PostMessage is supposed to be a window message. The window message you are looking for is WM_...

DynamicsGP 10.0 Installation
I downloaded the 10.0 CDs from Partnersource and installed them fine in VPC running Windows SBS. On my laptop, I uninstalled 9.0 and SQL 2005, then re-installed SQL 2005 (I was using a named instance and wanted to use the default instance). SQL is running fine. However, when I try to install DynamicsGP v10.0, I get an error message "Setup.exe has stopped working". The 1st time I ran it, it loaded the Dexterity component. Oh, I'm running VISTA Business -- and I turned of User Account Control. Hey I came across a similar issue with 9 and it came down to the fact that y...

source data with two decimal points?
Hello, I'm trying to chart some data that has two decimal points, ie 3.4.5, 3.5.4, 4.1.3, etc When there is one decimal point there are no problems but with data with two decimal points the chart seems to show all values as being zero? Any ideas? Thanks Yes, of course it shows as zero, as a string with more than one period mark is a text string, not a number. If you want to convert the text string into an equivalent number you'll need to define the rules for the conversion. Will there be only one character between pairs of "decimal points" or are numbers such as 3.15...

"Settings" and KB unavailable when Outlook is running (CRM 3.0)
Does anyone else find it rather ridiculous that the options available in the CRM 3.0 web client completely change when Outlook is running? Evidently this is "by design" but was a very poor design choice in my opinion. Users like to have a consistent experience, and when options start disappearing it confuses people. It also makes it very difficult to build a Knowledge Base and set up users, considering most people will probably be copying and pasting text from email messages to build the KB. The way it's set up now, you would have to find the email message you want, co...

Does the FileCopy function only accept local filesystem?
Dear all, In an excel macro I want to use the FileCopy function to copy a file, but it bails out saying error# 52 invalid file name or number (translated from local message). My suspicion is that FileCopy does not accept https links, is that correct? Code sample: Dim sSharepointSite: sSharepointSite = Cells(rBuCell.Row + 1, rBuCell.Column).Value Dim sSharepointUrl: sSharepointUrl = "https://portal. [mysite].com/finrap/" & sSharepointSite & "/Gedeelde%20documenten/" & sPeriodLabel & "/" If Len(Dir(sPathTelefoon)) > 0 The...

m_hWnd getting lost its value in OnKillActive() function of Property Page.
Hi, I am doing an application on property sheet.I have added an 4 property pages containing some controls on each page, to the property sheet and the application is running fine. I have used an API ---> OnKillActive() to get the control values and put into the structure( which i have defined). But the problem is, the m_hWnd is getting zero within the OnKillActive() function. This is happening only propertypage3 -OnKillActive() not in others.Even i haven't found any compile time or run time errors in the code. Can you just tell me what might be the reason for m_hWnd to become zero...

Preserve Shape Data
I have a server shape with custom properties (shape data) defined. Now, I would like to take the server shape and make various versions of it, i.e. add an envelope to make it e-mail server shape w/o losing the shape data of the server. Any time I group the envelope and the server shape, the new shape looses the custom properties I would like to preserve. If I add the new shape w/o grouping to a stencil, grouping will automatically occur resulting again in losing the data. Would anybody know how to get around this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:42:05 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.micr...

Changing Hyperlinks, absolute to relative and preserving them
Hyperlinks in Publisher, batch changing old hyperlinks and converting absolute hyperlinks to relative hyperlinks. A document was written in Publisher (.html the report will be viewed through a browser) with many absolute hyperlinks. It was transferred onto the network at base from a HDD, but will ultimately be supplied on a CD where it will almost certainly be transferred to another network for use. All the old hyperlinks are related to the isolated system and know no longer work; they were supposed to be relative but created by mistake as absolute. First is there an easy wa...

OFFICE 2008 12.0.1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC This is the message I get as I am installing the update and am at the destination select stage; " You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Any ideas on way forward? <andre.hollander@officeformac.com> wrote: > This is the message I get as I am installing the update and am at the > destination select stage; " You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for > Mac 12....

Change who email template is from in 3.0
Hi, I have a few rules that fire an email off when a case is opened, closed, status changed, etc. The email appears to be from whoever creates, resolves, or modifies a case. I'd rather the messages appear to be from another address such as support@mydomain.com with a display name like "My Company Support". Is this possible? Many thanks I have same query "Glen" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a few rules that fire an email off when a case is opened, closed, > status changed, etc. The email appears to be from whoever creates, resolves, > or modifies a c...

GP 9.0 Stock Count table update
What tables are updated in a Great plains stock count? Thanks. Stock Count ivStockCount IV10300 Stock Count Stock Count Line ivStockCountLine IV10301 Stock Count Stock Count Serial Lot ivStockCountSerialLot IV10302 Stock Count Stock Count U of M ivStockCountUofM IV10303 Stock Count Stock Count History IV30700 Stock Count Line History IV30701 Stock Count Serial Lot History IV30702 Stock Count IV10300 Stock Count Line IV10301 Stock Count Serial Lot IV10302 Stock Count U of M IV10303 Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get...

530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
Hi, I recently migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on a new server. Since the migration, some people outside our company get the following bounce back message when they try to e-mail someone who's mailbox is on the Exchange 2003 server: Subject: Returned mail: unreachable recipients: <<e-mail address>> Likely reason for failure: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STRATTLS command first. Please help. Thanks! Frank Check your SMTP virtual to be sure that you have not enable encryption for inbound e-mail. "fment" <fment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Slghtly OT; WinXP and RAID 0
I know this is OT but as a very long time lurker I know there's many very knowledgeable posters that use Acronis or other imaging apps in this group. I'm planning on setting up WinXP (slippedstreamed SP3 and RAID drivers) on two new 320GB SATA drives. I've never used RAID before but know RAID 0 will split the data between the 2 drives, and I presume I'll only see a C:\ drive in Windows Explorer or Disk Management (both drives recognized as 1). The motherboard supports ACHI and RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and JBOD. I presently image (DriveImage XML) the IDE WinXP drive ...

3party Omni prices for version 9.0 dynamics
I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 I have it working on a couple of V9.0 Sites with no problems noted. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users "Pedro Ramos" wrote: > I want to if the omni prices works in dynamics 9.0 > > > Have a look at the downloads pages of Winthrop's web site (http://www.winthropdc.com), you can see which versions are supported. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Busi...

Moving Decimal Point
When entering numbers into cells the decimal point is being automatically moved two places to the left. For example "54" comes out as "0.54", however "54.0" or "=54" comes out as "54". The cells are not formatted as percentage, I have tried various formats but it seems to make no difference. Alastair, You have the Fixed Decimal setting turned on (you'll notice that down in the lower-right corner of the Excel screen the "FIX" indicator is visible). Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There, uncheck the...

Vlookup function #7
I want to use vlookup to convert grades (A, B, C, etc) to numeric values but have been unable to do so. I've been to the Contextures web page which gives help on this and have read, in confusion, a solution but am still unable to get it to work. This is what I've done: Sheet 1 I've called "Numeric" and I've entered a series of text grades in column A I've created a table of grades and numbers in sheet "Lookup" which is entered in cells A1:B6 with cells A2:B6 being the field array Grade Score E 35 D 45 C 55 B 65 A 7...

avg decimal places
hey all, given: avg(cast(myvalue as numeric(12,2))) in SQL Management Studio I'm getting: 4.3333 I thought it would be 4.33 because I defined 2 decimal places. Any ideas? thanks, rodchar This is because AVG of DECIMAL data type is treated as "DECIMAL(38, s) divided by DECIMAL(10, 0)": http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177677.aspx You can cast the AVG result to desired precision: SELECT AVG(CAST(x AS DECIMAL(12, 2))) AS avg_value FROM (SELECT 1.231 UNION SELECT 2.001) AS T(x); /* avg_value ----------------------------------...

GP 10.0 security issue
Hi, I am having a problem with GP 10.0. I am porting code from GP 9.0 SP2. I am creating a toolbar in GP. In 10.0, if I login as 'sa', I do not see the toolbar. If I created another user and log in as that user, then from inside GP, if I change the user (User and Company - > Change User) back to 'sa' without closing GP, then I can see the toolbar. But I closed GP and logged in as 'sa', toolbar again disappears. Why is this happening? How do I make sure that the toolbar remains visible all the time? Is this because of new security settings in GP 10.0? Thank...

SP4 Apply Issue - GP 9.0
While applying SP4 on GP 9.0, we keep getting the following error “ File Not Found …\SQL\Upgrade\949\9.0280\Driver.ini” No errors during executing MSP. We get this error when we launch GP Utilities and accept the new code prompt. We checked the folder and it does not exist. Any help is appreciated. Thanks I have had this in the past and to get around it, remove those lines referring to that module "949" from the .set file that is launching utilities. You should be able to continue with the upgrade. If it's not a module you use or ever will use there shoul...

Zoom Function on Charts not Working
I have 2 computers. I have been using the zoom function on my older computer. However on my new computer the zoom function on the charts is not functioning. Office 2002 is installed on both computers. I cannot get the newer computer to exit out of the "Sized with window" function in the "View" tab. Both computers are using the same version of Office. The newer computer is using Windows XP. The older computer is using Windows ME. I heard of another person having a similar problem. Any suggestions? I think one of your computers does not have a printer configured....

Decimal Place Problem via Export
When converting a report into an excel file for email , it somehow shows the 2 decimal places on the excel spreadsheet - even though I had indicated within the report that the Format=Standard Decimal=0 I eventually wanted to create a format like 200,000 but it's giving me 200,000.00 I can manually strip the 2 decimal places in excell but do not want the user to play with this functionality. Could someone assist. Try using the Format() function. Iin your control source of the field on your report, use something like: "=Format([myNumber],######) See Access help file for Forma...

Exchange not able to send mail #5.5.0 Relay Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server 2003 on SBS2003 has just ground to a halt from sending e-mails (SMTP using ETRN). Apparently its something to do with authentication and ISPs using this method to stop spam. It keeps returning to the sender with the message about 550 #5.5.0 Relay. It wont let any outbound mail touch anybody who's ISP/Mail Servers runs a reverse lookup or something and blocks us because we look like we are acting as spammers. ANY HELP is gladly accepted and appreciated. Regards Chris White Stirling Technical Engineering Ltd. Microsoft Partners Dont worry guys, our server...

Hide rows if cells = 0.00
I am trying to hide rows if any cell in a columm = 0.00. Example: If any cell in column D = 0.00 than hide the row containing that cell. Highlight your data, then from the menu bar select Data > Filter > Autofilter. Select the drop-down in column D and choose Custom. Use the drop-downs to set your selection to read 'does not equal' '0.00', then click OK. Those rows with 0.00 in column D should now be filtered out (they're still in your data, just not visible). --Bruce "dford" wrote: > I am trying to hide rows if any cell in a columm = 0.00. Exa...

Org Chart Function -- Static or Dynamic?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C6_01C6C517.67BB36C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, It seems to me that if I create an Org Chart using the wizard in the = system and get the data from a database, then the created chart is = static in nature with no way to automatically update the structure as = items in the database change. Is this correct? If not, how do I get it to do a refresh? If so, is there anyway to create a dynamics Org Chart that can be = refreshed as the data in the un...