Practice Files

Hi.  I just purchased a used copy of "Step by Step
Microsoft Excel 97 Visual Basic" by Reed Jacobson.
Unfortunately, the practice files seem to be corupt on
the accompanying CD.

Does anyone have access to these file that they might
send to me or know where I can download them?  Thanks,
Mike.

mdemos@REMOVETHISattglobal.net
0
mdemos (1)

How do I copy a filtered group of files?
Hi. We are trying to get away from a deep folder structure within our Sharepoint libraries, and move to one that is only two deep. We are then using filters / grouping for our display purposes. But, we have run into an issue where we need to copy a group of files over to a CD. Previously these would have been in their own folder. Now with the flat structure, we can filter our view to get to a list of the pertinent files, but cannot find a way to copy only our filtered group of files. Any suggestions? ...

Apply Log File
Hi, I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean Shutdown" How do I apply those log files back to the storage group that were generated after the backup? Thanks, Gabriel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296788/en-us Make sure they're all there and consistent, then start the IS and they will roll forward. "Gabriel Chua" <glchua@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:exh%23yCvhHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean > Shutdown" > How do...

Practicing to make a booklet
Publisher 2002 SP3..... Mail Merge from .wdb. There are 281 names, addresses, etc. etc. for a class reunion book. I have 4 names on a page, usually. So I set it up with a table insert (shoot, is that what it's called? the icon on the upper left <g>) Actually I did it with 4 of them on a page. Then I added the necessary info...Last names, Names Initials, Address, City St Zip, Phone, etc. Problem....when I want to edit each item, I cannot do it. What am I missing here? Glad I have until July to figure this out with all of your help. I do have to say that when I went to...

Outlook 2003, import UNIX mail files from Mozilla Mail?
Is there a way to import UNIX mail files from Mozilla Mail into Outlook 2003? ...

Linking Files
I am having problems linking files into a newsletter. I have figured out how to attach the files, but when I go to change the icon, it doesn't seem to want to put the icon I select onto the newsletter. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!! Your question is unclear. Is your newsletter a web document? Are you trying to link files to your web page? Is your newsletter a print document that you are trying to email? What do you mean when you say "change the icon" or "put the icon I select onto the newsletter"? Which version of Publisher are you using? DavidF &qu...

How to make a sys file
Hello: .sys files are driver files. How to make a .sys file? can anyone help me in this regard? let i have to make a .sys file for cd-rom. replay thnx download the driver development kit from ms and start reading a lot. "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH6vCF8oEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello: > > .sys files are driver files. How to make a .sys file? can anyone help me > in this regard? > let i have to make a .sys file for cd-rom. replay > thnx > > Start here http://www.osronline.com...

GP client using McKesson's Horizon Practice Plus
I have an existing GP client that is also using McKesson's Horizon Practice Plus. They would like to find another GP client that is using this practice management and discuss AR integration. Please forward info to jborn@osullivancreel.com. thanks, John ...

Empty Excel File -- Data Lost?
I have an excel file in which I track my family's finances. I access it several times per day. When I started up my computer this evening and went to open the file, it opened up empty. None of the worksheets are present. It is identical in content to a new (i.e. freshly created) file. When I examine the file properties, the date created suggests that it is the same file I have been using all year. The file name is unchanged. But the file size is only 13.5KB, the same size as any other brand new, empty excel file. Any thoughts on what might have happened or how I recover this f...

printing a metafile file
Does someone know a link to somemore inforamtion on printing a metafile for print preview and a printer? -- Just Al I did some work with emf files some years ago. Are you talking about bring in a .wmf or ..emf file and then displaying/printing it? As far as I know, you just have to play the metafile in the OnDraw handler to make it work (assuming OnPrepareDC for the printer has done the right scaling). I probably have some old code I could send you, for whatever good it might be. joe On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:17:00 -0800, Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does someon...

Excel 2002 Print File Properties
Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting the file? Hi what properties do you want to print (and where: header/footer or a cell)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ateniense1 wrote: > Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting > the file? Hi you may use the following function (put this in a standard module): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Funct...

Cannot open files from an earlier version ?
I have been trying to open documents written in Publisher, but keep coming with the following message, "Cannot open files from earlier version ". I have Publisher 2000, is there a way of finding out which version of Publisher was the document written in, plus is there a viewer available to look into the document, whatever the version may be. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Are these Publisher files you are trying to open from an earlier version? Do you have that garbage troublesome junk Symantec Norton antivirus software installed? What version of windows are you u...

Practicing then deleting
Can I train my employees by running practice transactions and practice POs, then delete all of them when we are ready to go live? Also, we are going to go live before we have every item in the database. Can we create a MISC ITEM and use that for items that are purchased that are not in the database? Any bad things about that? You can't really delete transactions very easily. You can void them. You could create a practice customer account - or even better, a training database - and delete the customer/database when you go live. Using a non-inventory MISC SKU is fine for completi...

tagging file in windows and upload to sharepoint
Hello, I have created picture library in MOSS 2007 and I would like to upload images containing windows file tags from a hard drive to sharepoint. Unfortunately my picture library doesn't contain tags (or keywords) assigned to picture. Is there any way to store pictures with tags in sharepoint? If not, is there any possibility to change custom column property (title, keywords etc) for more than one picture in one editing without additional scripting? ...

Convert Excel+VBE file to VBA Professional file
I used VBE to develop a simple program by using Microsoft Excel as its database. However, there are some limitations such as the file is in ..xls and cannot be saved as a .exe file. How could I get the same result by using Visual Basic Professional? What can I do to convert the file into VBA forms but still using Excel as its database? Do I have to develop the program again? Only when the whole program is done did I realized that I can't save it as .exe file. Any suggestion? Thank you in advanced ...

Vista freezes when copying files to external hdd
Hi all, recently I have been trying to back up all my movies pics etc to a Lacie 1tb external hdd. We have had it for a while, it worked fine for a month, then we started experiencing difficulties with it and it remained in the too hard basket until now. Basically, I am running vista home premium premium on a Dell inspiron 6400 with 2gig ram (bought separately to improve performance). When when copying files to the hdd windows simply freezes. Anyone know of a fix for this? It's driving me nuts! -- Cammo7447 "Cammo7447" <Cammo7447.5ebaaa3@vistabant...

Multi file explorer
I'm working on a little app for my own use, to have a form with multiple "file views" at this point i'm using listboxes, populated with the files from selected folders click a button, add a listbox(control array), select a folder- file list appears typically i have to look at a dozen or so explorers during the day and it's handy to have them all in one form so i don't have to manually resize and reposition lots of windows. i'm wondering if there's a way (api?) to substitute a more windows explorer type view for the list box.(without the too...

Exporting to text file in multiple lines
I have an excel spreadsheet with data set up in four different columns. Sample data below: Start 42, 43 56, 56 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 45 Finish Start 45, 56 78, 34 Finish Start 45, 45 42, 43 Finish Start 78, 34 12, 34 Finish Start 45, 67 96, 23 Finish Start 96, 23 45, 56 Finish Start 56, 56 45, 45 Finish Start 78, 34 78, 34 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 56 Finish I need to export those four columns of data to a text file, but need it to end up in the the following format, with each cell on the next line: Start 42, 43 56, 56 Finish Start 12, 34 45, 45 Finish Start...

Lowering security when Help files don't open.
I just learned something today while, again, not being able to bring up Word's Help files. According to the automatic help pane that tells you how to use Word help, but you still can't open the Navigation Pane (full help that contains looking through the index), one needs to lower his security for ActiveX files in your browser. The one that works is: (Under Changing ActiveX controls and plug-ins) Change Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls from disable to enable. -- 5tulips ----------- ...

excel wont open file
I have just instaled excel , and when i try to open a file it opens i Internet explorer , how can i fix this , what did i do wron -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe /regserver OK....

DATA ERROR FROM *.PST FILE
I AM GETTING A DATA ERROR - CYCLING REDUNDENCY CHECK FROM A 1.8GB *.PST FILE, THUS NO MORE SAVING TO THE FILE, NO MOVE FROM THE FILE, JUST CYCLING REDUNDANCY CHECK. REGARDS STEVE ...

tax filing
Hello Everyone, I bought MS Money 2004 this year so that I could file my federal tax return for free. Well, I have used hrblock.com now for 3 years (this will be my fourth) and I can not get their site to understand that I am entitled to a free federal filing. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any solutions out there? It is going to cost me an aditional $25 to file my taxes which I thought I didn't have to pay. I have emailed the hrblock support staff with no answer. Jeff BTW, I did use the "Returning Customer" link since I had used hrblock before. I certainl...

Delete emty file names from "recent documents" Excel
I transfered files from Scottrade to Excel to forward to someone ... I removed the files from My Documents to the Recycle Bin, but the file names remain in Excel "Recent Documents" ... how do I remove them? ... there is nothing left in the files. which version of excel. in 2003, turn off the recent file list by unchecking the option under tools/options/general tab -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Touble in Excel" <Touble in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B29D123-88CC-4450-9ED5-B475561C327B@microsoft.com... >I trans...

merge 2 files
Dear All, need ur help again. I have 2 file with different tables. for File A, i have customer Id, name for File B, i have customer Id, Address. now i want to merge 2 file become one. i want to insert address field automatically to file A and parameter customer Id file A = customer Id file B. can you teach me how to achieve that.... thanks reza You can use function"VLOOKUP" to achieve. In file A, input Address, then use formula =vlookup(A2,fileB.xls!A:B,2,0), suppose your customer ID are in column A in both file A and file B, Name and address are in column B....

saving files problem
how come when i am in the process of saving files in any office programs when I browse for the folder to save it, my mouse picks up any title already in that folder when it is opening instead of keeping the title I had given originally. Then I have to restart all over again or rewrite the title by hand again. It picks any title the mouse pointer is hovering over and you don't know where the pointer would appear in the folder. I have search in the mouse settings and nothing stops it. Any clue would be really appreciated -- Thanks to all I am running laptop Dell D800 1 Gg...

Comma-Delimited file convert to worksheet
I would like to open a comma delimited file into a regular worksheet. Hi have you just tried openeing it in Excel. Excel should do the conversion automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cnitadesigner wrote: > I would like to open a comma delimited file into a regular > worksheet. ...