Positioning Page Numbers

We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right 
hand corner of the page.  The Excel charts will be 
included as part of a Word report so we want the page 
setups to look the same.  In Excel we cannot find a way 
to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page 
as they are in Word.  I can do this with numbers on the 
left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the 
number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move 
the page numbers in from the right hand side.  

Any ideas?   seems so simple, but......
0
anonymous (74722)
12/12/2003 9:03:39 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

12 Replies
595 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Kathy

the only way I can think of that gets close is as follows:

Select View
Select Header and Footer...
Select Custom Header
Click in Right Section
Press the Page Number icon followed by a full stop.
Now put as many spaces as you need between the Page Number and the full stop
The full stop helps you position the Page Number where you want it.

Now the clever bit.

Position the cursor in front of the full stop
Press and hold the left Alt key while you press 032 on the numeric key pad.
(This inserts a non-printing character)
Now delete the full stop

In my test I found I could position the Page Number wherever I wanted.
Worked for me on a LaserJet 4000.  Hope it works for you.

Regards

Trevor


"Kathy in Cincinnati" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:086601c3c0f3$6a5cd300$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right
> hand corner of the page.  The Excel charts will be
> included as part of a Word report so we want the page
> setups to look the same.  In Excel we cannot find a way
> to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page
> as they are in Word.  I can do this with numbers on the
> left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the
> number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move
> the page numbers in from the right hand side.
>
> Any ideas?   seems so simple, but......


0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/12/2003 11:23:58 PM
Trevor,

I give up...what is a "full stop" ?

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
"Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:uzhdEcQwDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Kathy
> the only way I can think of that gets close is as follows:
> Select View
> Select Header and Footer...
> Select Custom Header
> Click in Right Section
> Press the Page Number icon followed by a full stop.
> Now put as many spaces as you need between the Page Number and the full
stop
> The full stop helps you position the Page Number where you want it.
> Now the clever bit.
> Position the cursor in front of the full stop
> Press and hold the left Alt key while you press 032 on the numeric key
pad.
> (This inserts a non-printing character)
> Now delete the full stop
> In my test I found I could position the Page Number wherever I wanted.
> Worked for me on a LaserJet 4000.  Hope it works for you.
> Regards
> Trevor
> "Kathy in Cincinnati" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> news:086601c3c0f3$6a5cd300$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right
> > hand corner of the page.  The Excel charts will be
> > included as part of a Word report so we want the page
> > setups to look the same.  In Excel we cannot find a way
> > to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page
> > as they are in Word.  I can do this with numbers on the
> > left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the
> > number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move
> > the page numbers in from the right hand side.
> > Any ideas?   seems so simple, but......


0
jim.coneXXX (771)
12/13/2003 3:24:32 AM
period/dot/. 



Jim Cone wrote:
> 
> Trevor,
> 
> I give up...what is a "full stop" ?
> 
> Regards,
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, CA
> "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:uzhdEcQwDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Kathy
> > the only way I can think of that gets close is as follows:
> > Select View
> > Select Header and Footer...
> > Select Custom Header
> > Click in Right Section
> > Press the Page Number icon followed by a full stop.
> > Now put as many spaces as you need between the Page Number and the full
> stop
> > The full stop helps you position the Page Number where you want it.
> > Now the clever bit.
> > Position the cursor in front of the full stop
> > Press and hold the left Alt key while you press 032 on the numeric key
> pad.
> > (This inserts a non-printing character)
> > Now delete the full stop
> > In my test I found I could position the Page Number wherever I wanted.
> > Worked for me on a LaserJet 4000.  Hope it works for you.
> > Regards
> > Trevor
> > "Kathy in Cincinnati" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > news:086601c3c0f3$6a5cd300$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > > We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right
> > > hand corner of the page.  The Excel charts will be
> > > included as part of a Word report so we want the page
> > > setups to look the same.  In Excel we cannot find a way
> > > to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page
> > > as they are in Word.  I can do this with numbers on the
> > > left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the
> > > number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move
> > > the page numbers in from the right hand side.
> > > Any ideas?   seems so simple, but......

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
12/13/2003 3:43:53 AM
Dave,
Thank you.
Jim Cone

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
news:3FDA8AF9.37E55B8C@msn.com...
> period/dot/.
> Dave Peterson

> ec35720@msn.com> Jim Cone wrote:

> > Trevor,
> > I give up...what is a "full stop" ?
> > Regards,
> > Jim Cone
> > San Francisco, CA

> > "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:uzhdEcQwDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Kathy
> > > the only way I can think of that gets close is as follows:
> > > Select View
> > > Select Header and Footer...
> > > Select Custom Header
> > > Click in Right Section
> > > Press the Page Number icon followed by a full stop.
> > > Now put as many spaces as you need between the Page Number and the
full> stop
> > > The full stop helps you position the Page Number where you want it.
> > > Now the clever bit.
> > > Position the cursor in front of the full stop
> > > Press and hold the left Alt key while you press 032 on the numeric key
pad.
> > > (This inserts a non-printing character)
> > > Now delete the full stop
> > > In my test I found I could position the Page Number wherever I wanted.
> > > Worked for me on a LaserJet 4000.  Hope it works for you.
> > > Regards
> > > Trevor


0
jim.coneXXX (771)
12/13/2003 3:54:48 AM
Dave

thanks for the translation !

Regards

Trevor


"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
news:3FDA8AF9.37E55B8C@msn.com...
> period/dot/.
>
>
>
> Jim Cone wrote:
> >
> > Trevor,
> >
> > I give up...what is a "full stop" ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jim Cone
> > San Francisco, CA
> > "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:uzhdEcQwDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Kathy
> > > the only way I can think of that gets close is as follows:
> > > Select View
> > > Select Header and Footer...
> > > Select Custom Header
> > > Click in Right Section
> > > Press the Page Number icon followed by a full stop.
> > > Now put as many spaces as you need between the Page Number and the
full
> > stop
> > > The full stop helps you position the Page Number where you want it.
> > > Now the clever bit.
> > > Position the cursor in front of the full stop
> > > Press and hold the left Alt key while you press 032 on the numeric key
> > pad.
> > > (This inserts a non-printing character)
> > > Now delete the full stop
> > > In my test I found I could position the Page Number wherever I wanted.
> > > Worked for me on a LaserJet 4000.  Hope it works for you.
> > > Regards
> > > Trevor
> > > "Kathy in Cincinnati" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > > news:086601c3c0f3$6a5cd300$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > > > We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right
> > > > hand corner of the page.  The Excel charts will be
> > > > included as part of a Word report so we want the page
> > > > setups to look the same.  In Excel we cannot find a way
> > > > to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page
> > > > as they are in Word.  I can do this with numbers on the
> > > > left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the
> > > > number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move
> > > > the page numbers in from the right hand side.
> > > > Any ideas?   seems so simple, but......
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com


0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/13/2003 9:59:16 AM
Trevor and Dave -- Thank you for the tip, it works on my 
computer as well.  I have never heard of a full stop 
before.  Can you explain them in two sentences or does 
this belong somewhere else?   Kathy

>-----Original Message-----
>Kathy
>
>the only way I can think of that gets close is as 
follows:
>
>Select View

0
anonymous (74722)
12/13/2003 5:30:59 PM
Kathy,

it's the character that you put at the end of a sentence; in the UK, we call
it a full stop.  It is also the decimal point in a number; for example,
12.34.

I guess a picture paints a thousand words; it's the character between the
chevrons >>> . <<<

On the basis that you delete the character once you've positioned the
number, I wish I'd just opted for "x" ;-)

Glad the suggestion worked for you.

Regards

Trevor


<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:034a01c3c19e$df3f5890$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Trevor and Dave -- Thank you for the tip, it works on my
> computer as well.  I have never heard of a full stop
> before.  Can you explain them in two sentences or does
> this belong somewhere else?   Kathy
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Kathy
> >
> >the only way I can think of that gets close is as
> follows:
> >
> >Select View
>


0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/13/2003 6:32:07 PM
My gawd!

What's a chevron?  

<<gd&r>>



Trevor Shuttleworth wrote:
> 
> Kathy,
> 
> it's the character that you put at the end of a sentence; in the UK, we call
> it a full stop.  It is also the decimal point in a number; for example,
> 12.34.
> 
> I guess a picture paints a thousand words; it's the character between the
> chevrons >>> . <<<
> 
> On the basis that you delete the character once you've positioned the
> number, I wish I'd just opted for "x" ;-)
> 
> Glad the suggestion worked for you.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Trevor
> 
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:034a01c3c19e$df3f5890$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > Trevor and Dave -- Thank you for the tip, it works on my
> > computer as well.  I have never heard of a full stop
> > before.  Can you explain them in two sentences or does
> > this belong somewhere else?   Kathy
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Kathy
> > >
> > >the only way I can think of that gets close is as
> > follows:
> > >
> > >Select View
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
12/13/2003 11:20:29 PM
I just went back and read your tip.

Alt-032 is the same as the space character

I think you'd want the alt-0160 character (non-breaking space in HTML, too).

But even better, when I tried it in xl2002, adding the space character without
the extra dot/period/full stop <bg>, moved the page number to the left.  

It didn't look like it in the "right section" dialog, but it did in both the
header/footer dialog (after hitting ok to the custom header/right section
dialog) and in print preview itself.



Trevor Shuttleworth wrote:
> 
> Kathy,
> 
> it's the character that you put at the end of a sentence; in the UK, we call
> it a full stop.  It is also the decimal point in a number; for example,
> 12.34.
> 
> I guess a picture paints a thousand words; it's the character between the
> chevrons >>> . <<<
> 
> On the basis that you delete the character once you've positioned the
> number, I wish I'd just opted for "x" ;-)
> 
> Glad the suggestion worked for you.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Trevor
> 
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:034a01c3c19e$df3f5890$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > Trevor and Dave -- Thank you for the tip, it works on my
> > computer as well.  I have never heard of a full stop
> > before.  Can you explain them in two sentences or does
> > this belong somewhere else?   Kathy
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Kathy
> > >
> > >the only way I can think of that gets close is as
> > follows:
> > >
> > >Select View
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
12/13/2003 11:33:36 PM
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/chevron



CHEVRON



Pronunciation:    'shevrun



Matching Terms:    Chevroned, Chevronel, Chevronwise, chevrotain



WordNet Dictionary



  Definition:   [n]  an inverted V-shaped charge

[n]  V-shaped sleeve badge indicating military rank and service



Synonyms:   grade insignia, stripe, stripes



See Also:   armorial bearing, badge, bearing, charge, heraldic bearing



Webster's 1913 Dictionary



Definition:   \Chev"ron\, n. [F., rafter, chevron, from ch['e]vre

goat, OF. chevre, fr. L. capra she-goat. See {Cheveril}.]

1. (Her.) One of the nine honorable ordinaries, consisting of

   two broad bands of the width of the bar, issuing,

   respectively from the dexter and sinister bases of the

   field and conjoined at its center.



2. (Mil.) A distinguishing mark, above the elbow, on the

   sleeve of a non-commissioned officer's coat.



3. (Arch.) A zigzag molding, or group of moldings, common in

   Norman architecture.



{Chevron bones} (Anat.), The V-shaped subvertebral arches

   which inclose the caudal blood vessels in some animals.



Thesaurus Terms



Related Terms:   achievement, alerion, angle, animal charge, annulet, apex,
argent, armorial bearings, armory, arms, aviation badge, azure, badge,
bandeau, bar, bar sinister, baton, bearings, bend, bend sinister,
bifurcation, bight, billet, blazon, blazonry, bordure, broad arrow, cadency
mark, cant, canton, chaplet, charge, chicken, chief, coat of arms,
cockatrice, coin, corner, coronet, crank, crankiness, crescent, crest,
crook, crookedness, cross, cross moline, crotchet, crown, deflection,
device, difference, differencing, dogleg, eagle, elbow, ell, epaulet,
ermine, ermines, erminites, erminois, escutcheon, falcon, fess, fess point,
field, file, flanch, fleur-de-lis, flexuosity, fork, fret, fur, furcation,
fusil, garland, griffin, gules, gyron, hairpin, hash mark, hatchment,
helmet, heraldic device, Hershey bar, honor point, hook, impalement,
impaling, inescutcheon, inflection, insignia of branch, knee, L, label,
lion, lozenge, mantling, marshaling, martlet, mascle, metal, motto, mullet,
nombril point, nook, oak leaf, octofoil, or, ordinary, organization
insignia, orle, overseas bar, pale, paly, parachute badge, patch, pean,
pheon, pip, point, purpure, quarter, quartering, quoin, rose, sable,
saltire, scutcheon, service stripe, shield, shoulder patch, shoulder sleeve
insignia, spread eagle, star, stripe, submarine badge, subordinary, swerve,
switchback, tenne, tincture, torse, tressure, unicorn, vair, veer, vert,
vertex, wreath, yale, zag, zig, zigzag, zigzaggery





<gd&r>

Like all terms sandwiched between less-than and greater-than signs, this is
used to show emotions in online postings or chat--in this case, to show that
a preceding comment should be interpreted as the kind of cheekiness that
provokes a good-natured whack upside the head.

;-))


Amazing what you can find on the Internet



"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
news:3FDB9EBD.AFC42679@msn.com...
> My gawd!
>
> What's a chevron?
>
> <<gd&r>>
>
>
>


0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/13/2003 11:34:13 PM
Dave

think you're probably correct ... I was just looking for a non printing
character, whatever.  Surprisingly alt-032 seemed to work and keep the
position.  The trick also appeared to be limited to two lines in the box,
however, you could actually move the page number as far as you wanted.

Anyway, seemed to solve the problem!

Regards

Trevor


"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
news:3FDBA1D0.F839F7CE@msn.com...
> I just went back and read your tip.
>
> Alt-032 is the same as the space character
>
> I think you'd want the alt-0160 character (non-breaking space in HTML,
too).
>
> But even better, when I tried it in xl2002, adding the space character
without
> the extra dot/period/full stop <bg>, moved the page number to the left.
>
> It didn't look like it in the "right section" dialog, but it did in both
the
> header/footer dialog (after hitting ok to the custom header/right section
> dialog) and in print preview itself.
>
>
>
> Trevor Shuttleworth wrote:
> >
> > Kathy,
> >
> > it's the character that you put at the end of a sentence; in the UK, we
call
> > it a full stop.  It is also the decimal point in a number; for example,
> > 12.34.
> >
> > I guess a picture paints a thousand words; it's the character between
the
> > chevrons >>> . <<<
> >
> > On the basis that you delete the character once you've positioned the
> > number, I wish I'd just opted for "x" ;-)
> >
> > Glad the suggestion worked for you.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Trevor
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:034a01c3c19e$df3f5890$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Trevor and Dave -- Thank you for the tip, it works on my
> > > computer as well.  I have never heard of a full stop
> > > before.  Can you explain them in two sentences or does
> > > this belong somewhere else?   Kathy
> > >
> > > >-----Original Message-----
> > > >Kathy
> > > >
> > > >the only way I can think of that gets close is as
> > > follows:
> > > >
> > > >Select View
> > >
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com


0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/14/2003 12:09:42 AM
http://www.hiddenlab.com/acronym/acrowebG.htm
GR&D  Grinning, Running, and Ducking (alternatively GD&R) 


<<snipped>>

<gd&rvvf>
grinning, ducking and running very very fast.


-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
12/14/2003 1:05:55 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel page formatting and column wrapping ?
An interesting conundrum for anybody who is up to the challenge. Essentially what I'd like to do is have a small code book printed fro an Excel spreadsheet. Each page would come out looking roughly like this' (http://www.licious.net/misc/spreadsheetcapture2.gif) . Currently all of the formatting is being done by hand where each pag is hand-formatted with extra cells near the bottom (for futur additions) and each half of the page being divided up into two sets o columns. Basically the columns snake from top to bottom, left t right. Then the next page is done in the same fashion, le...

Nested Serial numbers
Any idea how I could track serial number for an item and the serial number associated with that item? For example: If Item X has a serial number we can track it. Item Y and Item Z are part of item X (in the BOM) and I want to track them in association with Item X. I don't think this can currently be done with GP 8. Anyone have any solutions? You can link component serial/lots with serial/lots in higher level assemblies in BOM. See the Help (on-line and owners manual) for the Link button on the Assembly Serial/Lot Entry window. Also, once you've posted the assembly document, the...

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Subject Line from IE page
I send pages from IE a lot. I just moved up from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. OL2000 would put the Title Bar in the subject line, but OL2003 puts the filename of the page instead. Is there a way to change that, because the Title of the page is a lot more descriptive than the filename. ...

how do i get to the back page of a postcard on publisher?
I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project and I can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other postcard to do the other side? From the menu bar, select Insert, Page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "rach" <rach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5ADEC20-3C30-4CF4-812D-782E06CDA213@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project > and I > can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other > postcard > to do the other side? ...

Page Setup Not Working
I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). Any suggestion or thoughs on why this is happening??? "Adam" wrote: > I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up > and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back > to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). > Any sugg...

How to disable annoying help page behaviour
Hi All, How does one go about disabling that wonderful feature of Windows help re - sizing the Excel window so that you end up with a half - half (slightly overlapping) view of the help window and the Excel window ? Win XP SP2, Excel 2000 Thanks, Neil Hi Neil, I wonder who thought that that was good idea? Too much time in a dark room I guess. Anyway, Chip Pearson posted this fix a while back You can fix this "feature" with a registry entry. Run RegEdit, and go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic�rosoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpV�iewer If there is a value named &quo...

Position Transfers with GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control?
Is there anyone out there using GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control who knows how to do Employee Transfers? I'm trying to define the proper workflow for transferring/promoting an employee from one position seat to another and I think that I may have been missing something because at the end, even though I set an end date, I see 2 assigned positions: the old one and the new one; this includes Employee Seats, Position History, Organization Explorer, etc. Here are my steps at a high level: 1. With the Employee ID to be transferred, open Position Seats (Cards >> Human Resources >>...

Subtracting positive amts from negative and positive from positive
I have a problem with a spreadsheet that SOMETIMES would result in subtracting positive amounts from negative where I would want the result to show negative but only the difference between the negative and the positive. In other words, if B9 is negative and B31 is positive then I want the negative in B9 to be reduced by the positive in B31 and reflect a negative amount (ie. -900 minus +200 = -700) but sometimes the amount in B9 is positive and B31 is positive and so then I just want B31 subtracted from B9 to reflect a positive (i.e. +900 minus +200 = +700). I found another an...

Text box alignment changes when page published to web
In Publisher 2007, having created several text boxes with 'centered' alignment (both vertically and horizontally), when selecting 'Web Preview' the text always moves to the top of the boxes. Any suggestions why this happens, e.g. is the problem related to 'style' settings, the 'snap' options (under Arrange) which are all turned off, or could it be something else? Thanks ...

Extending XmlDocument and associated classes to provide character positions.
OK here's is what I wish to do. I have an XML file that I want to read into an XmlDocument. I then want to be able to interrogate the XmlNodes to find both their start AND end character positions within the original file. So e.g. <tagA><tagB>sometext</tagB></tagA> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 0 6 12 19 26 33 tagA: start=0, end=33 tagB: start=6, end=26 sometext: start=12, end=19 I have seen the LineInfo example within the .net docs, see: "Extending the DOM" ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpguide/html/cpconextendingdom.htm and ...

multi-part full page receipts
we need to be able to print full page receipts in triplicate and I'd like to put a different label on each copy so it gets to the correct department. Does anyone know how this could be done? Thanks JJ what exactly you wanted to print on copy 1 , then 2 and then 3 let me know so I can do it for you. "JJ" wrote: > we need to be able to print full page receipts in triplicate and I'd like to > put a different label on each copy so it gets to the correct department. > Does anyone know how this could be done? > Thanks > JJ Akber, that would be great! We w...

Sequencing a Cell over print pages
I have a form. Everything is static in this form except for 1 cell (c:30). That cell needs to be sequenced over every printed page. Page start is arbitrary, but usually 1, then each page printed would be identical, except for C:30 going up by 1 number. This seems to be an easy problem, I have no trainingin excel, and have been hunting around in excel for some time now trying to solve it! Thank you so much, this will save me writing it in by hand, post-printing. -Ben ...

Publisher poster page selection
I just made a poster that requires (12 sheets) 11"/8.5" paper. I messed up and I had to reprint a certain part of it. Luckily it was on the last row of tiles and I could print from the last page starting off. After reprinting I had to cancel the print to make it stop printing because I am just completely draining my ink and it's not worth reprint the whole thing. I cut it off a tile early and so I had to go and repint again cutting it off after the 8th tile. On my second reprint my printer stopped using the cyan pigmant and was just magenta and yellows for the 8th and 9th ...

Automatic page breaks hijack worksheet
Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less prevent it. Same with me, cannot see any way round it, have also reinstalled excell .....Help! "br549" wrote: > Sometimes Excel seems to randomly interpret each cell as a page, I end up > with hundreds of pages. I can't find a way to recover from this, much less > prevent it. I have since sent the corrupted file to another machine and all is ok, no change to formatting and original print layout ok. If you ope...

finding row number?
I would like to find the row number of a cell in column A with specific text. Would any one help? =MATCH("text",A:A,0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04215E66-E863-4698-8DE4-575B06375413@microsoft.com... > I would like to find the row number of a cell in column A with specific text. > Would any one help? > james wrote... >I would like to find the row number of a cell in column A with specific >text. > Would any one help? > Hi James, L...

How to reduce page size for proof
I have a 20x24 inch publication. I want to re-size it to print A4 on my desktop inkjet to proof before sending it off to be printed full size. I can't figure out how to do this. I am new to Publisher but fairly comfortable in Pagemaker. Thanks for the help. Create a pdf file and then print the pdf file. A pdf creating program is as valuable as a pdf reader. If you don't have one, many folks here like the free primopdf found at www.primopdf.com My preference is the modestly priced PDF-XChange found at http://www.docu-track.com The first listed program will probably do for y...

Which one do I position?
I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit the view. I would like to place my different views in various spots on the desktop when the user clicks on the appropriate menu item. Which one do I move or set a position for the childframe or the formview? William Gower wrote: > I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called > CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit > the view. I would like to place my different views...

problems with page setup
When I create a brochure in Publisher, I am finding all my text is visable in the set up format but when I try to print or print preview, the text at the top of the page and right side of the page is missing...I have changed margins and basically feel like I have tried everything! Help! Open WordPad, file, page setup, landscape, input zero into each margin, WordPad will default to your printer's limitations. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Christie" <Christie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

auto numbering without auto number field
Hi All, Using Access 2007 I need a field I will call "CASE_NO" that must be autogenerated with each new record. The number must be consecutive with the first record being 07-001 the next 07-002 etc.... As I am already using the AutoNumber field in my table, I cannot use another so how would this be done. Now here is where it gets sticky (although to you guys its probably a no brainer). At midnight on January 1 of every year the first two digits must change to the new year (08 for 2008, 09 for 2009 etc..) and the next 3 digits will have to start back at 001. I am only using 3 d...

Custom page size
Hi How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? Thanks Nick On my version/printer - go to File > Page setup, on the 'Page' tab click on the Options, on the following screen, click the 'Page setup' tab and at the bottom of the Page size list is a custom setting - click on that and it will allow you to input the size you want. Antony "Nick J Lock" <nick@regal5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:078401c358ff$7d006af0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? > > Thanks > > Nick ...

Number of selected shortcut files
Does anyone know of any function that can tell us number of shorcut files selected by a user on Windows Explorer. Hi, Based on my experience, there is no direct method. I suggest that you can perform the following steps to implement this functionality: 1. Use FindWindow to get the handle to Windows Explorer. 2. Call EnumChildWindows() to find the handle to ListView in the Windows Explorer. 3. Get CListCtrl from CListView. 4. Retrieve the selected listview items, and count the items whose type is Shortcut. Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or concerns. Have a ni...

CListCtrl: want to be able to select a row at any position along it's length in report-view
I've set up a basic CListCtrl in the dialog editor (with headings) and i've noticed that i can only select the items in the first column to select a particular row and that only the item in the first column is highlighted when selected. Most other software with a similar display (e.g. outlook express) actually allows a row to be selected by clicking anywhere on a particular row and also highlights the entire row when selected. Is there some kind of special "style" setting for this type of behaviour - has anyone else out there noticed/fixed this problem? Regards, Kar...

Backup strategy with torn page detection on?
I have 2005 and planning to turn on the torn page detection at the database level.. If I do a full backup with Init and checksum on and if sql server encouters a torn page while doing a full backup, does it still over write the previous backup with an error msg or it leaves the previous backup intact with an erro msg? This is urgent.. Please clarify.. Bero (robertatnova@gmail.com) writes: > I have 2005 and planning to turn on the torn page detection at the > database level.. > > If I do a full backup with Init and checksum on and if sql server > encouters a torn p...

Navigation Pane on Detail pages
Is there a way to group the navigation Bar Items on a detail page in the same way you can using the Site Map for the Home page? We have created rather a lot of new entities related to contact, and need to group them. Regards, Ian. ...