Position of New Excel Spreadsheet on screen

I have a number of password protected  workbooks. The problem is, when I open
one, it opens behind any currently on screen, so I have to close/minimise
them to display the window where I input the password. Is there a setting
where I can make sure all new workbooks open on top of those already open?

I'm using W7 and Office 2007

Default settings for all comment tags in Excel
Hi. Does anyone know how to set the default setting for all properties about comments tags in Excel? Eg: - font type - font size - background color - default size of the comment - and so on Thanks. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You can change some of the default settings, but not all. --To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip ...

Outlook 2007
My Outlook 2007 is set up to show popup window and sound notification when new email has arrived. It worked well until I changed my gmail account from POP into IMAP settings. Outlook handle with Gmail IMAP well, I noticed this issue just before a while. Maybe it can be caused by a fact, that notification is made to inform me just when new email come into default Outlook Inbox folder and not into Gmail Inbox folder. Can it be the cause? How can I solve this? Change back to POP3. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicite...

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Using version control in Excel 2003
Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a previous version of the file. It seems only to be possible in Word now, can that be right? I want to use that function, instead of saving a file in several versions, e.g. file1, file2 and so on. I'm not sure what you mean by version control. What version of Excel had this and how was it used/invoked? -- Jim "H-B" <HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88029FE-C4EF-4BB1-91D6-2A343D64BBD4@microsoft.com... | Before I have used version control in Excel, so I could rool back to a | pre...

Analysis services and Excel
Hi all I have a cube in MSSQL 2000 Analysis Services which I am querying from Excel, however it is behaving strangely. When I choose a certain dimension, only the rows with associated data are returned. The listbox on the top of the column displays all the possible dimensions, but the rows without data are missed in the actual pivot table. When I query this same cube from Crystal Reports 9, it behaves as expected, that is, all the rows are displayed regardless of whether there is data for the row or not..... Any thoughts as to how I can make Excel display ALL the dimension rows, regardless ...

Position Transfers with GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control?
Is there anyone out there using GP 10 SP3 HR Position Control who knows how to do Employee Transfers? I'm trying to define the proper workflow for transferring/promoting an employee from one position seat to another and I think that I may have been missing something because at the end, even though I set an end date, I see 2 assigned positions: the old one and the new one; this includes Employee Seats, Position History, Organization Explorer, etc. Here are my steps at a high level: 1. With the Employee ID to be transferred, open Position Seats (Cards >> Human Resources >>...

How do I stop rounding in simple addition formula in Excel, 1 cen.
I am using Excel 2002, and created a workbook where dollars and cents are used. When I write the formula =sum(#,#,#) it calculates the result one cent off the actual total. Like $2623.27 is shown and it should be $2628.28. Can this be fixed? Check out John's web page on the subject: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "bjm1010" &l...

Subtracting positive amts from negative and positive from positive
I have a problem with a spreadsheet that SOMETIMES would result in subtracting positive amounts from negative where I would want the result to show negative but only the difference between the negative and the positive. In other words, if B9 is negative and B31 is positive then I want the negative in B9 to be reduced by the positive in B31 and reflect a negative amount (ie. -900 minus +200 = -700) but sometimes the amount in B9 is positive and B31 is positive and so then I just want B31 subtracted from B9 to reflect a positive (i.e. +900 minus +200 = +700). I found another an...

cant add a new contact to my address book
when i try to add a new contact to my address book i get an error that reads "Please use the contacts module to create this entry. Do not question the advice. Do what it says. The Address Book was never intended for data entry. The Contacts Folder is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Hawes" <hawesje@csi-accounting.com> wrote in message news:2b2401c3e12e$90c52410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > when i try to add a new contact to my address book i get > an error that reads "Please use the contacts module to > create this entry. ...

Can Excel do this??
I have Excel 2000 and I have columns of alphabetic data. The information in each column repeats itself, i.e. there may only appear the words "One", "Two", or "Three" in a particular column in the spreadsheet. I have over 20,000 rows in the columns. Is there a way to have Excel give me totals for that particular column, telling me how many times "One" appears, how many times "Two" appears, and how many time "Three" appears? I am really stumped on this. Your help is apreciated in advance, Thanks, Mark The only way I know ...

excel #58
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joe.kipnusu@wellsfargo.com wrote: > How do you create a drop down list in excel? > anyone ...

Help Creating Excel Formula
Hello All, I'm having a hard time creating a formula to collect data for work. Here is what I'm looking to do: To explain I will use cells A1, A2, A3 & A4. To start cells A1 & A4 are empty and cells A2 & A3 have values. Now when a value is added to cell A1 sum cells A2 & A3 to cell A4. When the value in cell A1 increses add cell A3 to the amount currently in cell A4 and so on (see below). A1 A2 A3 A4 7200 600 A1 A2 A3 A4 1 7200 600 7800 A1 A2 A3 A4 2 7200 600 8400 A1 A2 A3 A4 3 7200 600 9000 I have been racking my head trying to figure...

New email account on outlook 2007
I am setting up a new POP3 account and keep hetting a message aout connecting to a microsoft exchange server. this is a home account and does not need a server connection save the internet based POP3 account. i have tried to delete the MS exchange acc. but it will not let me. What can i do!!! it started downloading emails from the POP3 server but they were not being stored in the inbox. Any suggestions please? "IF Walden" <IF Walden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCB3F709-15B9-438C-BC29-18AB5F79067C@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a new POP3 accoun...

Found new hardware on every start up
Does anyone know why everytime i restart my PC, i always get "Found new hardware" and i have to click cancel. i have nothing plugged into the USB ports at all and i don't understand. help please with this annoyance. thanks MDG wrote: > Does anyone know why everytime i restart my PC, i always get "Found new > hardware" and i have to click cancel. i have nothing plugged into the USB > ports at all and i don't understand. > help please with this annoyance. thanks > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298370 If that doesn't work, ...

Excel List Box
Hello, I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of tested that we normally use in excel, however in order for the text to look right it must merge with several cells. I tried the data validation however it does not allow merged cells. How can I accomplish this? Thank you I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could use data validation in one cell, then VLOOKUP formulas to return the matching values in the adjacent cells. Armando wrote: > I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of > tested that we norm...

Extending XmlDocument and associated classes to provide character positions.
OK here's is what I wish to do. I have an XML file that I want to read into an XmlDocument. I then want to be able to interrogate the XmlNodes to find both their start AND end character positions within the original file. So e.g. <tagA><tagB>sometext</tagB></tagA> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 0 6 12 19 26 33 tagA: start=0, end=33 tagB: start=6, end=26 sometext: start=12, end=19 I have seen the LineInfo example within the .net docs, see: "Extending the DOM" ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpguide/html/cpconextendingdom.htm and ...

how do i move text infront of pictures in excel?
i'm trying to figure out how to make pictures appear behind my text in excel but can not seem to do so can any one help? Are you trying to put a graphic in a specific cell or use as a background for the entire worksheet? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "jessica j." <jessica j.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA992D36-116E-4DDC-B731-E662251AF383@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to figure out how to make pictures appear behind my text in > excel > but can not ...

Excel 2007 - VBA
How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba? I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything??? Tried it 3 times. I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not actually format the xaxis when run again?! QB Hi, Try, With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels .Alignment = xlCenter .Offset = 100 .ReadingOrder = xlContext .Orientation = -70 End With Cheer Andy On 24/02/2010 15:32, QB wrote: > How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg usi...

excel if, then...problem
Is it possible to have a cell's color changed depending on another cells value? For example... We keep track of shipments coming in that are 1) either for customers or "STOCK" 2) a certain amount of cubic footage. This is what I'm inquiring... Let's say that the cubic footage is anything over 20 could the corresponding cell with the "Company's name" be changed to blue And, if the customer is anything other than "STOCK" could it be changed to yellow? Attached is a copy of the form that we use....however we color the cells ourselves. I'm jus...

problem when linking to another excel document ...
Im' in excel 2003, with all office updates installed. When I create a new (or existing) excel sheet, I try to add a hyperlink to a regular word like 'test' which is typed into a cell. This works when I link to a txt file, but excel crashes when I link to a xls file!! It does work when i DONT save, but when I save the document, I can't click the link anymore .... . sometimes excel saves the link like this: \\server\Data\data.xls or sometimes it saves the link like this: ...\..\data.xls both ways excel crashes. I tested this on 3 pc's on dofferent locations/companys. ...

how do I enter more than one line in the same Excel Cell by using.
I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit enter, type the steet address, then hit enter, then type in the city, state, and zip. Use alt-enter to put in a line break. "vsimmons" wrote: > I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without > using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire > address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit en...

CListCtrl: want to be able to select a row at any position along it's length in report-view
I've set up a basic CListCtrl in the dialog editor (with headings) and i've noticed that i can only select the items in the first column to select a particular row and that only the item in the first column is highlighted when selected. Most other software with a similar display (e.g. outlook express) actually allows a row to be selected by clicking anywhere on a particular row and also highlights the entire row when selected. Is there some kind of special "style" setting for this type of behaviour - has anyone else out there noticed/fixed this problem? Regards, Kar...

Maximized New Email?
Outlook 2003 WinXP Pro Sort of a minor question but irritating none the less. Whenever I click to start a new email the screen that comes up for the new message is maximized and I can't seem to get the new message screen not to take up the whole screen when first started. I tried sizing the window as I would like it and then saving. Sometimes then when I click for a new message it will come up right a couple of times but then go back to maximized. Suggestions please. Thanks in advance... Bob ...

Which one do I position?
I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit the view. I would like to place my different views in various spots on the desktop when the user clicks on the appropriate menu item. Which one do I move or set a position for the childframe or the formview? William Gower wrote: > I am displaying a formview object called CVendorView in a childFrame called > CVendorCF. I display this on the screen and resize the childframe to fit > the view. I would like to place my different views...

time plots/charts in Excel
I am trying to plot usage time for a device we use; data is in the following format: A B C Online 23:27:39 12-Oct-08 Online 23:30:54 12-Oct-08 Online 23:34:09 12-Oct-08 Online 23:37:24 12-Oct-08 Offline 23:40:37 12-Oct-08 Offline 23:43:50 12-Oct-08 Offline 23:47:03 12-Oct-08 Offline 12:00:28 13-Oct-08 Offline 12:03:41 13-Oct-08 Offline 12:06:54 13-Oct-08 Online 12:10:10 13-Oct-08 Online 12:13:26 13-Oct-08 Online 12:16:42 13-Oct-08 Online 12:19:58 13-Oct-08 Offline 12:23:11 13-Oct-08 Offline 12:26:24 13-Oct-08 Offline 12:29:37 13-Oct-08 Offline 14:51:13 13-Oct-0...