Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value

All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell  E4 with a value
CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.

Is there a simple way of doin this?

EXCEL 2007

Try:-

=IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")

Thanks.

"B2ORL" wrote:

> All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell  E4 with a value
> CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.
>
> Is there a simple way of doin this?
Use IF()

=IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/025966","")

--
Jacob

"B2ORL" wrote:

> All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell  E4 with a value
> CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.
>
> Is there a simple way of doin this?
Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.

I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
Neasden and B is for Bond Street.

Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
Neasden.

Help to solve this...Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> EXCEL 2007
>
> Try:-
>
> =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "B2ORL" wrote:
>
> > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell  E4 with a value
> > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.
> >
> > Is there a simple way of doin this?
In cell G4
=IF(J4="N","Neasden",IF(J4="B","Bond Street","")

In cell E4
=IF(J4="N","CX/025966",IF(J4="B","CX/026024","")

Or create a table in Sheet2 as below
ColA   ColB
N       CX/025966
B       CX/026024

and use the formula in E4
=VLOOKUP(J4,Sheet2!A1:B2,2,0)

--
Jacob

"B2ORL" wrote:

> Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.
>
> I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
> also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
> but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
> Neasden and B is for Bond Street.
>
> Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
> is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
> Neasden.
>
> Help to solve this...Thanks
>

> "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
>
> > EXCEL 2007
> >
> > Try:-
> >
> > =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")
> >
> > If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "B2ORL" wrote:
> >
> > > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell  E4 with a value
> > > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street.
> > >
> > > Is there a simple way of doin this?
Works a dream, thanks guys for the help.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> In cell G4
> =IF(J4="N","Neasden",IF(J4="B","Bond Street","")
>
> In cell E4
> =IF(J4="N","CX/025966",IF(J4="B","CX/026024","")
>
> Or create a table in Sheet2 as below
> ColA   ColB
> N       CX/025966
> B       CX/026024
>
> and use the formula in E4
> =VLOOKUP(J4,Sheet2!A1:B2,2,0)
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "B2ORL" wrote:
>
> > Thanks, but i would like to complicate this further.
> >
> > I have cell E4 with this formula: =IF((G4="Neasden"),"CX/025966","")
> > also i have G4 with this: =IF((J4="N"),"Neasden","")
> > but in Cell J4 i have a choice created from a table N and B, where N is for
> > Neasden and B is for Bond Street.
> >
> > Bond Street has a code (like Neasden) CX/026024. So basically what i wanted
> > is to select N or B in Column J that will output the codes for Bond Street or
> > Neasden.
> >
> > Help to solve this...Thanks
> >

> > "trip_to_tokyo" wrote:
> >
> > > EXCEL 2007
> > >
> > > Try:-
> > >
> > > =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","")
> > >
> > > If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

How do you go one whole row minus another whole row
How do you go one whole row minus another whole row Your question is a little vague. If what you're trying to do is t difference between the totals of the two rows, you will first have t find the sum of each row using a SUM formula. However, if you are trying to find the difference between each cell i the 2 rows, you'll have to enter this formula in a new row (e.g. i cell A3) : =A1-A2 With the cell selected, you can then drag the handle (the black box a the bottom-right corner of the cell) across the row to populate it wit the formula -- C01 --------------------------------------...

New Cell Styles
Can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of the "Good,Bad and Neutral" formating in Cell Styles and also the "Data and Model" formatting? Thanks........... In XL2007, Microsoft has provided some suggest colours schemes that seem to go together in a theme. Suppose you have monthly sales; maybe you want to colour good months with one colour and bad with another. Date and Model are similar. One can use one colour for cell with formulas (calculations); another for raw data. All that is being offered is a palette of colours; it is up to the user to decide if and when to ...

Unique Value property?
Help help help! Please... :) Okay, I need to get a list of clients we've processed an order for during a certain time period. The table lists each item a client had on their order, so I will get multiple listings for a given client. I just would like the total # of clients. My problem is I can't figure out how the "unique value" property works.. It's a bad/slow morning for me, so I may just be temporarily dense here, but I have to wonder if you set that property to yes, how does it know what field you're even talking about? If that's not how it's supp...

2 Data Validations in a Cell
Is it possible to put 2 data Validations in a Cell? I have posted previously on not allowing input in say, C5 unless there is a value in A5 (i.e. A5=<>""), but if I also want whatever is input in C5 to not exceed 20 characters, how would I do that in the same Validation Thanks Hi! Try this: =AND(A5<>"",LEN(C5)<=20) Biff "John" <john@yahoooo.co> wrote in message news:HGG5f.17395$R5.1477@news.indigo.ie... > Is it possible to put 2 data Validations in a Cell? > > I have posted previously on not allowing input in say, C5 unles...

Distribution of a Value
Need some direction... I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value over a number of periods. Example: 500 widgets across 62 days, how to determine the number of widgets on day 32 or 36, etc? Thanks Download a sample file from here: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/mc/NormalDistribution-Excel.html HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "AK" wrote: > Need some direction... > > I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value ov...

Sum cells in different colors
Can you sum all the numbers in a column that are green only? I do not want to sum numbers in other colors. You need a VBA macro to do this. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm , -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "heater" <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51EADCED-9548-4260-B16C-174CD8751A31@microsoft.com... > Can you sum all the numbers in a column that are green only? I > do not want > to sum numbers in other colors. ...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

How do I stop text from automatically filling another text box?
When I type in one box, the same text appears in another box. How do I unlink them? Someone answered my questions but the link isn't working so I can't see the response. Please answer again. Edit, Undo Synchronize. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:650076B3-99E6-4043-993C-7171FA4D0396@microsoft.com... > When I type in one box, the same text appears in another box. How do I > unlink them? > > Someone answered my...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Condition is true in one cell, give me same condition in another
Have a problem. See below. If a condition or value is true in one cell, I need the same conditio or value to appear in another cell. If cell A1 = "N", then give me a "N" in cell C1. Problem is, I need to write the formula in cell D1 due t specifications in workbook. Any Ideas? T -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with formulas. Formulas can only return a value but can't change the values of other cells. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Have a problem. See below. > > If a condition or value is true in one cel...

how to use cursor to navigate active cells
With our Excel 2003, I could navigate to different cells by using the cursor keys. The cursor up key moved the active cell up. Left, right and down moved the active cell in the appropriate direction. I could select multiple cells by holding the shift key down and using the cursor keys to start selecting large groups of cells. Now, with Excel 2007, the cursor keys move the sheet around in the window, instead of moving the active cell in the indicated direction. I have found no way to select multiple cells. How can I get my Excel 2007 cursor keys to move the active cell, instead of moving t...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

can a cell auto update?
Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you save a change to a file? =NOW( ) "B.B" <me@mail.com> wrote in message news:%Aw0h.201480$R63.89840@pd7urf1no... > Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you > save a change to a file? > Just to let everyone know, I think when the subject line of a post is changed, it can mess up the threading in newsgroup readers. I've seen what look like orphaned "Re:" posts as the top post here and there, and I think that's what causes it. -- Earl Ki...

Splitting cells
in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text to columns If this is for extracting the first 7 characters use LEFT() =LEFT(A1,7) =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "fazz" wrote: > in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers > 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text > to columns Hello Jacob - i did not explain this very well.The digits in cell A1 is variable length. In cell C1 i n...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

Can I protect data in a cell, but allow comments to be entered.
Hi All, I have an excel sheet in which I have some protected cells and unprotected cells. The protected cells are protected so that the forumla within them cannot be edited/removed, however, I would like all users to be able to insert comments in these fields. The edit objects selection when protecting the sheet allows for comment entry, but it also allows the user to alter the data in the cell. Any solutions/ advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Chris Sheet is not protected. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Co...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the fi...

Pass cell data to Query
Anyone know how to pass the contents of a cell to an sql query? I have a worksheet that I have connected to an SQL database that I want to query to get data. The worksheet is like an invoice. What I want is the user to input a product code and currency then the query to return the price. It sounds simple enough to do with a nested function but the price list is made complex by prices in different currencies so the level of nesting allowed is insufficient. I thought a database query would be a more appropriate solution but I can't find any information on how to do it in this way. -...

City and State Populated by Zip Code
Does anyone know of a way to load a program that when you type in the Zip Code the City and State are automatically populated? I have seen a MSCRM add-in from a company called QAS (http://www.qas.com/). This is more than just Zip Code/City&State. It's a full address validator along with streamlined data entry. They have integrated with CRM via an ISV pop-up and it seems to work fairly smoothly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 15 Apr 2005 11:13:56 -0700, "Morgan" <tzeoli@att.net> wr...

Help? My formula is displaying in my cell
Hi there - For some reason I have one cell (in a workbook where everything else i working) that when I type in the formula in the formula bar . . . th stupid formula is showing up in the cell. My formula is simply this: =Info!B13 Because I am taking text from a sheet labeled Info in cell B13. I'v done this for about a million cells in this workbook so far an everything else has worked. This one stupid cell is just showing m the formula. Can anyone give me some suggestions to fix that? Much appreciated! Thanks! Jennife -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jennifer,...

How to open another user's folder list?
Hello, I have Outlook 2002 SP3 and Windows XP SP2. In my Folder List I have my mailbox expanded showing all my folders (inbox, calendar, contacts, etc.). I also have the mailbox for our general company email account (info@) that receives the emails submitted from our website. But when I click on the + sign next to it to expand it, I get a message saying "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed." This company email is set up as it's own user on our network, and I am set as it's delegate with full control over all it's ...

Populating a field
I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, in the next field, the description is entered for you. Can you help?? Thanx Tom On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:48:01 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to populate a description field based on a par number that is entered >in the field before it. In other owrds, you enter a part number and presto, >in the next field, the description is entered for you. > >Can you help?? > >Thanx >Tom If yo...

deleting nonadjacent cells
i know that i can select nonadjacent cells, but i can't seem to find a way to delete them. i have either 3 columns of names, some duplicates, from which i'd like to get a list of all the names only once, without duplicates. i tried moving with unique cells only. it didn't work. so i highlighted each list in a different color and placed them all in one column and sorted them. now i have all the duplicate names in order and in a different color. i either want to delete selected non-adjacent cells, or find a way to go through that list and filter out all the duplicates. i&#...