Poor Printing Performance

Hi everyone,

     I have a VB program that uses Excel automation to
print our a variable number of Excel files to a network
printer. Sometimes there can be 50-100 Excel sheets that
will be sent to the print queue to be printed. That works
very well, the issue comes about during the printing
process. The printer will print 6 of sheets, will pause
for a minute or two, then print 6 more etc....

     This occurs if I go into Excel and manually print out
a sheet 50 times or so also. Is this an issue with Excel
on our Windows 2k Server Environment, or should I start
digging into printer drivers etc?

Carl Wolter
0
carlw (1)

How can I print multiple labels (avery 5390) on one page in Publis
I am trying to print name badges using Avery 5390. I have it set up with a different persons name on 8 pages in a Publisher document. When I print I get all of label 1 on one page , all of label two on another, etc. How can I print multiple labels with different text on one page? Setup a database. You can create a list in Publisher or use Word, Excel or Access or any other database type application. Once you setup the list, use the merge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NormaT" <NormaT@discussions.mic...

Printed document to small
Im printing a document and even tho the font is fine when i print it out it is too small The Page Setup options can make the font smaller when printed. To change them: Choose File>Page Setup On the Page tab, under Scaling, select: Adjust to 100% normal size You may want to select Landscape orientation, so more fits across the page Click OK JNiderost wrote: > Im printing a document and even tho the font is fine when i print it out it > is too small -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Print Credit Card Receipts
I use PC Charge credit card processing. I can not get a merchant copy with a place for the customer signature to print. PC Charge support said it has to be programmed through RMS. When I open the receipt templates I don't have a seperate option for the credit card receipts. What can I do? Thanks, Dianne In your Tender Types (SO Manager, Database, Tender Types), you need to select "Require Signature" for the tenders that should print the Sig Line. In Receipt Formats (SO Manager, Database, Registers, Receipt Formats), you need to set the "Show CC Slip" (That may n...

Printing on all of paper in Publisher
Hi, I've created a event flyer/poster in Publisher... Every time I print it I see a quater of inch of white space around the edge of the paper where the printer doesn't seem to allow anything to be printed. Is there any thing I can do in Publisher that will allow me to print to the edge of the paper, to the whole Paper??? Thanks, John W Is your printer capable of printing bleeds?...most aren't. What printer do you have? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression <milkroute@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:53f4f8e1-a094-44cb-9853-e425d16bb303@...

Performance by investment account report
Hello, I am using Money 2007 deluxe. Can anyone tell me how the values in the different fields of this report are derived? For example, if I look at the Market Value and subtract the Cost/Basis, it does not equal the Realized Gain/Loss. And, what is the period used for "Return for Period"? -- Thanks, Bob In microsoft.public.money, BBran wrote: > >I am using Money 2007 deluxe. Can anyone tell me how the values in the >different fields of this report are derived? For example, if I look at the >Market Value and subtract the Cost/Basis, it doe...

Printing with Two Viewss
I have two views with each document and I would like to print what is in the second view. When the second view has focus, then Print Preview and Print are greyed out on the File Menu and I can't find any information on what has to be done to print. My second view is CView class. I will appreciate any help. --Wes Wes, By far the easiest way to start is createing an empty project with print/print preview support, and one without. Then, see what code you'll have to add to view number two. Remove this code from view number one. Then, just hold your thumbs, hoping that the com...

Print Specific Charts
I have a little problem with some code I've been using. In my workbook I have 7 sheets with 45+ pre-made charts. Some have data but most don't. The current code I have counts how many charts there are on the sheet, selects, activates, and prints them all the way I like. Thing is I'd like it to print only the charts with data in them. I thought that a code could be made that checks the source range of the chart for numbers then prints that chart. However because there are 45+ charts and 7 sheets that would take awhile. Below is an example of the code i'm currently using...

Error 79 when printing SOME documents from Office
I am having a problem printing SOME documents from Office 2004 versions of Word, Entourage, and Excel. Here are the system details: Mac G5 1.6 MHz, 512 RAM, running Panther 10.3.4; Office 2004 Printer: HP Laserjet 5000, connected by ethernet using a 600N Jet Direct card. When printing some documents (particularly those created in older versions of Office and under System 9 on a G3) I get the error message 79.00FE PRINTER ERROR, which requires I restart the printer. These documents will NEVER print on this printer. This occasionally occurs in a few other applications, but mostly with Offi...

Print Fomulae ONLY??
I got this workbook with a couple of worksheets (5) and only fe formulae (functions) in them. I would like to only print those formulae or functions only. Can someone assist me with that? :confused: P -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look in Excel Help Answer Wizard "Print Formula" gives you this Print a worksheet with formulas displayed Display formulas on your worksheet. On the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Formul Auditing Mode . On the File menu, click Print. Under Print what, select an option to print the selection, the a...

ML Checks printing
New install - trying to edit the print out. Using Stub top and Bottom - Graphical. The top heading is to high needs to be moved down. Changed the body which was 12 points to 10 points. Once there is alot of entries on the old version - more than 12 - it would printout continued on remittance. No with the 10 points it cause a page break inbetween and doesnot print properly. Is the some help some where to get it to work - - looks like some old programming that is the issue ...

I design my drawing check print preview when i print it is only i.
I create a drawing in visio print review shows full page when i print it only prints the center of the drawing ...

how do I print portrait on the front and landscape on the back
I am trying to print a word document on both sides with portrait on the front and landscape on the back. Three comments here: 1. I don't think this is a Word issue but printer. 2. Does the printer do duplex (double-sided) printing? Check the printer manual for instruction on how to set up the printer to do this, or how to do it manually. 3. Are you saying that the landscape page is not printing in landscape but cut off along the right side of the page? Check the printer driver settings for something along the lines of 'autorotate'. Check your printer manual or conta...

Excel Printing #9
I have an Excel worksheet I want to print continuously on a banner sheet. It is larger than legal size and I can't get this to print without a page break. ...

How to make outlook perform more like Blackberry?
Hey all, I have a simple question that probably has a complicated answer. I find that sending email is much easier on my Blackberry than on Outlook and I was wondering if there was anyway to incorporate some of its best features into Outlook. What I am mostly talking about is the "auto complete". I have thousands of contacts (Upward of 4000+) and clicking the To: field to pick a contact is a pain. In the blackberry I can simply start typing the first name, last name or email and it will pull it up as a choice and then I can select which email address I would like to ...

Cell-setting not to print
How do I set a cell to be able to see it, and change it, but for it not to print when I print the work sheet? You could hide the row/column. Or format the cell with a custom format of ";;;" (don't use the quotes) Or give it the same font color as the fill color. Then change it back when you're done printing. And as a macro: How about giving your range a range name ("hideme"???) then in the workbook_beforeprint event, you can format the range as ;;;. This hides the contents. Then print, then change it back to whatever it was. I chose "general" fo...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

Vector PowerPoint OLE Items Display Poorly
I've used PowerPoint slides in my Access databases to display relatively simple vector graphics for quite some time. However, recently, the quality of the graphics has seriously degraded. Specifically, what used to be a smooth line, circle, oval, or whatever, now displays as several jagged steps. It's as if the points used to represent the vector element are being rounded to some nearest value causing a loss of quality in the drawing. The details of what I'm doing is as follows: OS: Windows XP Professional Software: Access 2003 and PowerPoint 2003 Table: Three fields, I...

emails do not print correctly
I have never had trouble printing emails before, but for some reason they have started printing halfway down the page. I can't find any option that would affect this, and it seems to relate only to Outlook as my Word documents print out as they should. As far as I know, nothing has changed since I last printed from Outlook. Any suggestions? It's irritating and wasteful to have a one-page email print across two pages! Many thanks. (apologies if this appears twice, I had trouble posting the first time) ...

How to print 2 pages per A4 sheet, on both sides in Publisher
In Publisher 2007 I have made a booklet. Each page is half A4 size. I want to orientate standard UK A4 paper landscape, and print two (portrait orientated) pages per sheet, printing on both sides of the paper (i.e. 4 pages when printed both sides). I should then have two sheets which I can fold in half to result in an 8 page booklet. I set up the Publisher print dialogue and despite print preview being what I want, I am getting four pages per sheet not two. If I use the printer's dialogue box then OK the settings, it returns to the Publisher box - but the settings on this have ch...

How do I print a simple text file.
How do I print a simple text file? I don't need any fancy formatting. I can open the CPrintDialog to select the printer that I am interested in using. The help page talks about getting the printer DC following the DoModal. What do I with the DC to make the file print? You can call ShellExecute with the print verb. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message news:mLsli.26651$C96.18@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net... > How do I print a simple text file? I don't need any fancy formatting. > > I can open the CPrintDialog to s...

Rapport Printing Issue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C75FE8.AC877B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all!=20 =20 My company is using Dynamics GP 9 and sometimes when we try to print a = report it prints without the data on it. I attached a PDF file witch is one report I try to print. If the user close GP and restart it, it will print correctly. =20 Any body knows how to fix that please? =20 JB =20 ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C75FE8.AC877B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1...

Re: Worksheet only shows on print preview.
When I open my excel worksheet there is just a blank screen but if I press print preview the sheet I have been working on comes up and it will zoom in and out. I then close print preview and again no sheet shows. Therefore because I cannot get the sheet to show on the active screen I am unable to work on it or print it. Please respond as soon as possible. Many thanks for your help. Try Windows|Arrange|tiled and resize manually. Peggy wrote: > > When I open my excel worksheet there is just a blank > screen but if I press print preview the sheet I have been > working on com...

Poor compression
I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and ptb files. Why did they not compress more? regards, "nobody" From: "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> | I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving | for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and | ptb files. | Why did they not compress more? | regards, | "nobody" For one CHM and PDF are already compressed. -- Dave ...

Excel Lags after printing
Whenever I print certain files in excel XP I experience a severe lag after doing so. What I mean is if a try and page up it just takes a really long time to refresh at the proper point. Same thing happens if I scroll with the arrow keys. These files are by no means large they are around 95k. I have updated the printer drivers and that did nothing. I added more Virtual memory and that helped a little. The only thing that fix's it is to close excel and re-open the file then it works fine again until the next time I print. ...

print preview command in Excel