Please Need an Example!

I need an example of how to concatenate two column into one drop down box and
how to do a VLookup for a drop down box.  Thank you.

If you mean a data validation dropdown, you can use a worksheet formula
to combine the values in two columns, then show the combined values in
the data validation list. There's an example on the following page:

Under Data Validation, look for "Data Validation Columns"

For VLookup, there's an example here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Help with Regexp, please
Hi, The regular expression (\d{15,16}) matches a substring in a cell. I want to extract the remaining part of the cell ie. from the character after the matched substring till the end of the string in the cell using a regular expression. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj Raj, with abcd15,16xyz in a cell the code below abstracts abcxyz. Maybe you can use this as a basis to develop your code Function GetSubstring(S As String) As String Dim re As Object Set re = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") re.Pattern = &quo...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP
I Have an emergency... I deleted a macro !!! I have 60 rows with checkboxes on cells A1 trough A60 that automatically as checked were inserting current dates on the cell next to it. for some reason a disaster happened and the macro was deleted or messed up. I tried searching for help in these groups, but none so far. I found one, but it is not a macro besides when I use that function all the other previous dates keep changing when other checkboxes are checked on in different days of the week. If you can please guide me to the right answer I will appreciated. Hope I made sense with my explana...

Sum Function Help Please
I have created two Option Groups, setting up values against the radio buttons. The output from both boxes works fine (thanks to the Wizard), however when I'm creating a formula on the report, I'm unable to add the two returned values together. If I type in =([Q1]+[Q2]) then I get both numbers concatenated together (ie returned value from Q1 is 1 and returned value from Q2 is 2, the answer I get is 12 !!!!.) Interestingly if I enter =([Q1]-[Q2]) then I get the correct answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I could be wrong, but it seems like access i...

Need number of rows
Is there any function which can return the number of rows present in th specified sheet. I remember I have seen one function for this befor somewhere. But no able to recollect :confused: thank -- alsamee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alsameer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40017 There is ROWS and ROW functions. "alsameer" wrote: > > Is there any function which can return the number of rows present in the &g...

2nd request for help -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar ...

In Word How do I switch off auto date insertion please
How can I disable? ...

changing email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.com
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 SP1 / Windows 2000/2003 company has email addresses in the form firstinitiallastname@example.com (like jsmith@example.com). We would like to change our email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.com (like john.smith@example.com). How can we do this while still keeping the original email address as a secondary? First names and last names are already in the Active Directory, so hopefully this can done without brute force. Do we need to change each person manually, or can we apply a policy for this? thanks Karnov Hi Kanov, In AD go to the user's profile pr...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

Need to block email going to external email address from inside co
I have users sending info to unauthorized email address out side the company but to the best of my knowledge I have no way of blocking this. I know I can block emails going to an internal user but how do I block internal emails from going to external address? External being SMTP Enviroment is Win2003 Exchange 2003 OutLook 2000/2003 I don't have access to my exchange server at the moment so I can't check this but I think that you can filter the email domain within exchange server so that if any mail going to the external address is sent, it gets blocked before it leaves the ex...

Do I need to build a new platform (creat new nk.bin)
Hi every one, I am new here and I will be happy to get youre help. I am not so good in platform building but I must now do it. We are Working with ICOP board vx86-6042a (http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/ icop_cd/DataSheet/Half-Size/Vx86-6042.pdf) we have a platform that is ok for us so we copy it to any new computer. We are using COM1 only, now we need COM2 too but it is not working, what is interesting is that I am going to COM1 and plugging in my rs232 to COM2 as it is on the link picture. I have a few Questions 1. Is this disorder with the come's a problem in board or in platform ...

I need help with SQL please
I have a form with a group box on it. The code for it is: 20 Select Case grpPlan.Value Case 1 30 strMon = "WorkRec" 40 Case 2 50 strMon = "IntRec" 60 Case 3 70 strMon = "FinalRec" 80 End Select After I select the one I want then the SQL is build based on the selection and a report is generated. strWhere = "EmpSuper.WorkRec=""" & strMon & _ """ or EmpSuper.IntRec=""" & strMon & _ &quo...

Need to convert the numbers with tolerances
I have a column of numbers in teh format 0.45+_0.23 . +_ is a character plus or minus . How can I convert the number before and after +_ into mm automatically ? Any formula ? - Vijay v_udupa@hotmail.com On Jan 8, 10:40=A0pm, Jambar <vijayad...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a column of numbers in teh format 0.45+_0.23 =A0 . +_ is a > character plus or minus . > How can I convert the number before and after +_ into mm > automatically =A0? Any formula ? I presume the "numbers with tolerances" are actually in Text format. Depends on the exact format of the number st...

Please Please Please help
Hi I have a Worksheet with option buttons and I need the users to be able to click on the options but not be able to drag or move them. I don't want the users to be able to click into or type anything in any of the cells - only these options buttons???? How is it done. I have tried unlocking all cells and then locking the individual ones, but the user can still drag the option button around and they could do this by mistake thus upsetting the design of my sheet! I have tried protecting the sheet for Objects - but then I can't click on the option at all ....Please someone help...

conditional formatting help please 07-19-07
Hello, I am having trouble using the conditional formatting. I want the background of the "End Date" to turn red when the "Start Date" is entered and then for the red background to go away after an "End Date" is entered. I used the expression ("Start Time" Is Not Null) and that made my background red but I can't seem to figure out how to get the red background go away. I tried a couple of diffrent expression like setting another condition ("End Time" Is Not Null) but it didn't work. Can some please help me find the right express...

modify macro
Hi everyone I'm VBA dumb so please bear with me. I have a macro that inserts a row at the selection and then I want it to copy the cell below the selection and paste into the new row's cell. Here's what's in the macro now Selection.EntireRow.Inser Range("D23").Selec Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D22:D23"), Type:=xlFillCop Range("D22:D23").Selec When I run the macro, a row is inserted above the cursor's location (no matter where it's placed) but the AutoFill is always to D23. My question is how do I get the cod...

Need to Print Folder List in Outlook 2003
You used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000, but apprently not in 2003. I have several hundred folders in a PST file (each folder is a client) I need to print out a list of all those folders and give it my secretary so she can do some data entry with it. Now in Windows Explorer there are several command prompt things I could do or add on programs that will print a list of the directory structure. No such animal for Outlook. Sure I could print screen the outlook window and then dump the image in word but that would take forever. So basically I need to print out the directory structu...

HELP
Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. Went to main office and joined domain.. got new persona. How do I import my mail from the other persona? I exported to a .pst and logged into the domain, I tried to import but it says I do not have permission to import. Any ideas? Make sure the PST file is located on a drive where you have read/write/modify/exclusive access rights. "Mike Gregg" <mgregg@emamarketing.com> wrote in message news:efmVNaWGHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Previously using outlook with network as workgroup. > > Went to main off...

Need offset function help, I think
I have 10 products rows with a cost in column BW of rows 21 thru 30, i.e., cells BW21 down to BW30. Those 10 products have the # of units sold each month, for 22 months, shown in rows 41 thru 50, in columns E thru Z, so column E is month #1 ... col Z is month #22. The total range is cells E40 thru Z40. There is a cost factor vector that has six factors in row 70, cells G70 thru L70. These are to be used =91for all time periods=92 and for all products. Any time there is a sale of a product in a certain month, I want to enter six months of cost associated with producing the item...

Simple formula
Hi, I'm a new to Excel so please excuse my ignorance in advance. I have data in Column C that I need to multiply with Column D. I know (for example) I can get a result by placing the formula: =sum(C3*D3) in cell E3. But, I have very long columns of data and I don't want to type in =sum(C4*D4)in cell E4, =sum(C5*D5) in cell E5 etc. My question is; can I use a wildcard for the column number and then just paste this formula in each E cell? Thanks On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:02:51 +0100, PigPOg <simon@capella.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, I'm a new to Excel so please excuse my ignoranc...

Widowed OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOKs
Exchange 2000 sp4 It seems our OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK may have become corrupted. The original offline folder from the Exchange installation is showing in the the Outlook client [The "Choose Address Book" setting] however it has old data, not replicating. It is also missing the OAB Version 2 folder - it seems to be partially dead. I was able to create a new Offline Address Book under the Recipients folder and this did propagate to the OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK folder under the Public Folders and created a new OAB Version 2 folder. As a test I manually entered the distinguished name of t...

OWA problem, Please help is really urgent.
The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the information you want. c.. Click the back button to try another link. HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services ---------------------------...

Help: Win2k3 SP1 Continually Breaks Exchange 2003 (This is crazy and long, but please please read)
I am in desperate need of help. I have been through 2 different support calls with Microsoft, and their fixes keep on breaking. Someone here must have some kind of experience with this. Here is the scenario (simplified the best I can): Domain A (root.company.com) Domain B (child.company.com) There is a 2-way trust between these domains. Exchange was installed in Domain B. In DomainA, I created a user account named "SuperAdministrator". SuperAdministrator is a member of ROOT\Adminisrators, ROOT\Domain Admins, ROOT\Enterprise Admins, ROOT\Schema Admins, and all the Exchange group...

Please add delete action to IMF for information store
Can *anyone* in the Microsoft Exchange team respond to this: Please can the option to *delete* messages be added to the IMF actions for an information store? Why would we want to do this? We are a K12 school and have two Information stores, one for staff, one for students. It is quite acceptable to deliver spam into the junk email folder for staff. It is *not* acceptable to do this for students. Even though the UCE level is getting set correctly (ie the message is correctly classified as spam) the inability to *delete* such messages from the student information store results in adult m...

Microsoft Office Needed Programs
I have both 2007 Microsoft Office System and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 installed on my computer. As they are both large files, i was wondering if i need both? Or is it safe to uninstall one? I am not sure,but I think that the advantage to MS Office Professional is that it includes MS Access. At least thats why I bought it. I guess it is a coin toss if you don't use Access. I would keep the best and delete the rest. John... "Scoot Almighty" wrote: > I have both 2007 Microsoft Office System and Microsoft Office Professional > Plus 2007 ins...

Please answer pleassssssssse
I'm trying to localize ppt slides from English into Arabic, and need to flip layout from l2R to R2L. How to flip layout in powerpoint 2003;2007? you might try to search via google and bing for: flip layout in powerpoint -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen > > "hish_2005" <hish_2005@discussions.microsoft.com>...