PivotTable Question - Repost - Need help

Hello.

I'm using Excel 2000.

I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes.  I
intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and
tables that are manually keyed summary data.

I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as
unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so
that they have the same charts that they're used to.

The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts.
I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from
Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have
different categories, page fields, series, etc.  Sometimes
my data is grouped by week, and other times by month.

Right now I have a seperate pivot table for each chart
that I need, which is obviously redundant.  Is there a way
to make the modifications in pivotcharts not change the
layout of the source pivottable?  Or are there any other
solutions?

Debra presented the solution of having a macro iterate
through the different charts I need, printing each one.  I
like the idea, but most of my users don't print the chart,
they just look at it.  But I need them to be able to see
four or five charts a time in seperate worksheets.

Perhaps...In the Worksheet_Active Event I could
dynamically change the pivottable and the chart would be
affected accordingly!  Well, I may have figured out the
solution while I posted this, but is there a hidden
property, registry key, existing module or anything out
there that will prevent a pivot chart/table referencing
another pivottable from changing the source layout when
the target is changed?

Thank you.

-Brad

0
anonymous (74717)

Help with a 'simple' (prob!!) formular
I have date figures in A col and sales amounts in B - i want to identify trends. I want to formulate this; if a sales was between 1st and last day of month x and between �3001 and �4000 count 1 ie i want to be able to see how many sales between two figures and two dates there were i am really stuck on this one! - paulrobertmee@ukonline.co.uk ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I sent you a file that should accomplish what you are trying to do. "me...

PivotTable
Hi, Is it possible in some way to fix the structure of a pivot table in excel or even in Access so that I have a familiar layout even though the data may vary from differences in the data. By implication, thefore to show empty colums/rows somehow. This is very important to my situation. I couldn't think of any way of changing the format of the pivet tables. However to solve your problem, you could have your own format in a different sheet (within the same file) and link the pivet table using VLOOKUP( formula to get the numbers to the right place. You could use refresh data to upda...

External meeting request issue
Hi, we have a strange issue and I'm not sure were to look, an external company that uses Exchange 2003 can email over meeting requests to us on our Exchange 5.5 system/outlook 2000 system, it comes in the form of an attachment and when you open it you can accept the meeting. However if another office sends a meeting request aslo using Exchang 2003 to us we received and email with an attacment with no accept options or anything, if we send them a meeting request it only arrives as an email with no attachment - basically what is going on here, what are the meeting requests restri...

Carlos,Bobby,Dominic and other helpful people
Here is the situation . 2 home computers running Vista 64, one home premium and one business. First off yes both will run there respective versions with no problems. Now here is the question Could I purchase the family pack of win 7 home premium and upgrade the existing vista home premium and clean install the other? Do you recommend buying win 7 home premium upgrade and one win 7 professional upgrade? On my vista business 64 I currently dual boot with the win 7 rc and really do not care if I have to wipe and reinstall but the wife's computer well Lord help me if I screw th...

pivottables
hi, I created a pivot from a dataset. This was no problem at all. In a later stadium I changed the recordset where the pivottable is based on. For example i replaced all the records containing pete into mike in the column <NAME>. When refreshing the pivot it now contains both mike and pete. Pete is redundant, because i no longer exists. How do I get rid of it?. lennie Hi Just drag the field out of the Pivot Table, then do a Refresh, then drag it back again -- Regards Roger Govier "lennert" <lennertpronk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140180768.525075.3081...

Does anyone know the PivotTable Refresh Event? #2
Thank you Debra it worked fine for me -- JohnD'Eli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JohnD'Elia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1531 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26930 You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that it worked. JohnD'Elia wrote: > Thank you Debra it worked fine for me. > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Please help me. Creting kbarticles with SDK

How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?
I have a spreadsheet that I add new data to weekly. Is there a way to have the pivottables/charts refresh to include this data without recreating them? If I try to do extend the range of cells used to create them originally, I am unable to group dates (which I need to do) on the chart because of blank cells. You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html When you refresh the pivot table, all the new data will be included. Brian Lee wr...

Help w/ Advanced Find and Replace
Hello all - I need your expertise. I have an Excel file with a couple of columns that I'd like to do a 'Find and Replace' on - where the find text is "***sig***" and the replace text is a multi-line email signature such as: Joe Smith ABC Realty Company (555) 555-1212 Of course, the normal find/replace function in Excel doesn't recognize multi-lines of data. I tried to use the normal function - I input the find string then pasted a one-line version of the signature and then hit 'Alt 010' for each new line started from the end (you can't s...

PivotTable data...
How do I use more than one Summary function for a PivotTable data field? In the Pivot Wizard, add another copy of the field to the data area Double-click on the new field, and under 'Summarize by', choose one of the functions. SkoolGirl wrote: > How do I use more than one Summary function for a PivotTable data field? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Macro Help Requires
I have two macros to run when somebody changes my excel sheet. The first one is assigned to a button, and just checks the spreadsheet for field "A/L" :- Sub RunIf() For Each c In Range("C3:F14") If c.Value = "A/L" Then Call Add_Appointment End If Next End Sub Question 1) Will this script look at every field from c3 to f14 eg c3, c4, c5, c6 etc. Question 2) Is there a way to update this script to only pick up amendments, or will this need to be in my second macro? My second macro creates an appointment within outlook calender:- Sub Add_Ap...

HELP ME PLEASE #4
I have a question for you. I was wondering if you know exactly how big is one spreadsheet? What I am looking for is the number of columns and the number of rows there are in just one of the three spreadsheets in an Excel workbook. (Excel 2003) This looks like a "How many people can I get to answer this question?" type of posting. If you have Excel, open a blank worksheet and go to 'Tools', then 'Options'. Click on the 'General' tab. Check the box next to 'R1C1 reference style'. (This puts your rows and columns in number format.) Click &#...

AppendMenu question
Hi, I'm trying to add to existing button menu new item and have some problems, I can modify menu item (below) but cannot append. What I'm doing wrong? CMenu Menu; Menu.Attach(m_btn.m_hMenu); Menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, ID_TOOLS_LANGUAGE, _T("EN")); //doesn't work Menu.ModifyMenu(ID_TOOLS_COUNTRY, MF_BYCOMMAND, ID_TOOLS_COUNTRY, _T("US")); //works Menu.Detach(); thanks >I'm trying to add to existing button menu new item >and have some problems, I can modify menu >item (below) but cannot append. What I'm doing wrong? Does AppendMenu fail ...

#REF,ISERROR, File Not Found question.
I have an annual summary sheet that links to 365 separate daily report sheets. These daily sheets are being created automatically once per day. I use the following formula for the February 1 2005 cell: =IF(ISERROR('C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16)=TRUE,"",'C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16) This works, but of course the rest of the files for 2005 don't exist yet. What I want is to be able to open the annual spreadsheet up every day, and say 'YES' to the 'update links to other spreadsheets' question, a...

Beginner question
I am creating a query that counts how many times each classification is being used in our organization. But, I need it to pull up only the classifications that have a person in them. Here's how it looks now: Column 1: Field = Classification; Table = pos info; Total = Group By Column 2: Field = Class Code; Talbe = pos info; Total = Group By Column 3: Field = Count Of Classification: Count(*); Total = Expression I need it to pull up the Classifications that, within each same record, the field "IncumbentLast" Is Not Null. ...

Question about some addons
Has anyone had any experience with Catalog View and PIC-ME 2.0 from Retail Hero? We've used some of their other addons and love them, but I just want to make sure they're what the store needs before we purchase them. I'm the IT manager for a store that is interesting in these addons and wondering if anyone has used them and has any feedback on them that I can bring back to the store manager. Thanks in advance, David ...

help with order by
Hi, I have the below query, it works fine, but when I change ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RNumber DESC) to ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RelatedTo DESC) it says Invalid column name 'RelatedTo'. Is there anyway around this? as I'd also like to sort by RelatedTo, this is being used in an application where they might want to sort by that. SELECT RSeqid, RNumber, RName, RDate, RChangeSeqid, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY RNumber DESC) as RowNum, (CASE RTypeSeqid WHEN 1 THEN 'App - ' + (SELECT b.ApplicationName from [Application] b where e.RApplSeqid = b.ApplSeqid) WHE...

SUMIF question
I have the following formula to calculate some numeric data: =SUMIF(F6:F27,F5,S6:S27) (this is in cell S5) the qualifying code is in column F and the numeric data to sum is in column S Problem. When I insert a row just below row 5, the formula in S5 changes to: =SUMIF(F7:F27,F5,S7:S27) I will be adding data to the new row6 and I need it to become a part of the calculation. I need the formula to remain F6: and S6: Peo Sjoblom gave me this fix: =SUMIF(INDIRECT("F6:F27"),F5,INDIRECT("S6:S27")) I can't use it. Here is a further explanation: I have criteria that ...

C++ question #3
I was just going thru some changes in my code and need to write some thing like this try{ //some code //if error return } catch{} I had a doubt using return statement in my try block...what impact will it have... skasat@gmail.com wrote: > I was just going thru some changes in my code and need to write some > thing like this > > try{ > //some code > //if error > return > } > > catch{} > > I had a doubt using return statement in my try block...what impact will > it have... Of course, the reason for putting 'some code' in a 'try is bec...

pivottable
Dear all, Is there anybody how knows what the shortcut is to deselect fields in a pivottable? (I have a pivottable with 1000 possiblities for a field, but I only need some of them) Best regards, Jan Excel 2002 has a Show All checkbox to show or hide items in a field. For earlier versions, you can use code. There are examples here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html Jan wrote: > Is there anybody how knows what the shortcut is to deselect fields in a > pivottable? (I have a pivottable with 1000 possiblities for a field, but I > only need some of them) -- Debra Dalg...

Theoretical question.
I just had a theoretical question: Say someone bought a computer from a store. It had windows xp on it. Is there a way to tell if it was an original version of XP on the system, or if the store just used an upgrade from Windows ME? Would this pose a problem in any way? That customer would not be recommened to use another upgrade for Windows Vista after that or Windows 7 is what I'v been told. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gVg==?= <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:65BDB4ED-E7A8-44ED-9189-322F972CE4E7@microsoft.com: > I just had a theoretical question: > ...

Command Bar Question
I have a Workbook with a macro that displays a custom command bar. When I use the Workbook on a machine that doesn't have my custom Excel.xlb file on it of course the macro fails. Is there anyway I can change the macro so that it will sense if the custom command bar exist or not? Some sort of Case or IF Then statement, I guess. The old batch file command 'if exists' come to mind. Thank you very much. I think you'll have lots fewer problems if you build that toolbar on the fly when your workbook opens (and delete it when your workbook closes). John Walkenbach has ...

Follow-up Question
I am new to CRM and am confused by follow-up drop screen. I am wanting to create a follow-up phone call, task, activity, etc.. which will automatically remind me when the time comes. Example: I want to call a customer at Contact level at a specifica time on specific day. When I fill all the required info into follow-up drop down screen and that day comes I do not get any automatic reminders on my screen. How do I solve this. I thought this would be an easier task then it is turning out to be. There is no auto-reminder in CRM for activities. However, if you schedule the task in Outl...

Question (Conditional Formatting)
I have the following data below: Column A Column B 01/06/2006 07/01/2008 On column C I want excel to calculate if Column A >= Column B; then "False" else "True". How do I accomplish this? Try this: =A1<B1 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Erlang" <newandfresh@gmail.com> wrote in message n...

.NET Compact Framwork Application question
Hi: We had a Intel Atom platform. And it could be power off totally. The persistence is an issue. The .NET Compact Framework application can be delopied to this platform and running and debugging. However, after power down this platform and then power on, the application can NOT run anymore. So what else I need to do re-deploy the .NET (C#) application, so it can run after power down! Thanks Lu You can either map the root folder to some persistent storage, or you can save your application to some persistent storage. What you do is going to depend on whether or not you are th...