Pivot to an Access Database

Hi there

I have created a PivotTable which succesfully reads in data from an
Access database.

The problem I have is that if the path to the Access database is
stored somewhere in the PivotTable so that if the database location
changes the PivotTable cannot refresh as the database is not found.

Is there any way to fix this - short of recreating the PivotTable?

Thanks in anticipation.

Michael
0
rekas (13)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Access 2003 Reports
How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a report? "AccessInfant" <AccessInfant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E736F5FD-A225-4794-AEED-2C44E616ED06@microsoft.com... > How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a > report? In the Format event of the whatever report section contains the image control, set the image control's Visible property based on the value of the yes/no field: Me.imgControl.Visible = Me.chkYesNo (to make the image visible if the checkbox is checked). Carl Ra...

Pivot Tables

Calendar access only
Hi there, I have a weird problem here, one of our secretaries has to access our boss' calendar, but she is working out of site. If she put our boss' calendar in outlook 2003, everything is OK, she can look at it and add/modify anything. However, she is working out of here, she only can access our Exchange server by Outlook Web Access, so I made a URL for her, https://mail.myuniversity.edu/exchange/OurBoss/Calendar, she can access our boss' calendar using the URL, but cannot add/modify appointment. Neither "New" button nor "Save and Close" button is in th...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Access XP >> 2000 >> 97
I have on my machine Acc2003, AccXP, Acc2000 and Acc97. Each customer and its needs... I have written a small application in Acc2000 and it was also opened with AccXP (Acc2000 File format) Then I realised my customer had only Acc97. I did the conversion from AccXP AND from Acc2000 and every time I try to open a form in Acc97 I get a crash message and Access closes. Is there a way to convert it to prior Access version that works? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net If you have ADO code in your 2000 app, it ...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

cannot run database message
I amended an existsing data base, which operates in two parts, data in file contractsprod, forms, queries reports in file contractsapps. I created a new table "Rebates" in contractsprod, copied it to contractsapps and linked them. Created a sub form in an existing form and entered data. All worked OK. Trying to open contractsapp today get the message "You cant run contracts database unil you locate database contains Rebate" No, stupidly I did not create a backup before adding the new table. Do usually and of course don't find I need it! I can open contractsprod ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Showing Image in Word after open via Access
Hello, I'm have a report in Access 2003, when the report is opened in Word, using the "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature, the company logo inside on Image object does not come over, what can I do to get this image to convert. Thanks Nothing you can do if you are using "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature. No graphic objects are brought over, that includes lines, checkboxes, rectangles, etc. You can check out Lebans.com and see if there is a solution that works for you there. You can also download the pdf solution from that s...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Problems with a XP database in 2007
I developed a database in XP that worked fine in XP and 2003 Access versions (all machines are running Win XP SP2). The problem occurs in a form that queries a recordset to assign a new record number (all through code). The steps are as follows: 1. The user opens the form and goes to a new record (the form is bound). 2. The user then populates the form as needed and clicks on Save (custom command button). 3. The Save button runs code that checks if the ID is null. If the ID is null, it opens a recordset looking for the last record and adds 1 to create a new record number (primary key). ...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

email from Access 2007
I installed the SP1 for Access 2007 and can no longer email query results. This worked before installing the SP. I am doing this on a manual basis. I have Outlook 2003 on my computer for email. The error message is 'Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message' and the detail is 'before attempting to send an e-mail message from Microsoft Office Access, resolve the problem identified in previous message, or configure computer to send & receive e-mail messages' only there is no previous message and the Outlook 2003 works for sending and receiving emai...

line column Pivot Charts

Database help???
Hello, I purchased a disc that has name,addresses ect on it. The format that it is in is pdf. I can get it in excel and save it as a worksheet, I was told that I could pull out names using the codes that were provided but how do I do this? Thank you Mare What do you mean by "pull out names"? What is "codes that were provided"? Was it provided with the PDF? Perhaps you want to send letters. In that case, use Mail merge from Word. http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "M...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Paste button disabled in Access 2007 form
Hi, I have an Access 2007 database split into a front-end and back-end. I have been using this database successfully for some time now and have been creating and editing records easily. But, when I try to copy and paste text into fields on my forms the paste button is disabled. The same problem occurs if I try to open one of my linked tables and copy and paste text in the datasheet view of the table. However, if I create a new, non-linked table in my database I can easily copy and paste text in that table's fields. So why can't I copy and paste into linked tables ...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

access report DCount function
Hi there in control source, I use =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)") Is there a way of using the DCount function on more than one query instead of doing =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)")+DCount("[Field1]","qryY","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)")+DCount("[Field1]","qryZ","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)") ? I h...