Pivot Tables #40

Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list?  I can't
find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues
I've tried.

Thanks in advance for the help.
--
ERR229
0

Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown
list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In
Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or
show the items -- there's sample code here:

ERR229 wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list?  I can't
> find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues
> I've tried.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5912)
8/12/2005 12:32:48 PM
I forgot to mention, this is in Excel 2000 (it's easy in 2003!)
--
ERR229

"ERR229" wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list?  I can't
> find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues
> I've tried.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> --
> ERR229
0
ERR229 (29)
8/12/2005 12:35:32 PM
Yes, I'm trying to clear the checkboxes (in 2000).  I was hoping there was a
keyboard shortcut or something else that I had yet to discover.  Alas, it
looks as though it's a manual process.

Thanks for the response.
--
ERR229

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown
> list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In
> Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or
> show the items -- there's sample code here:
>
>       http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html
>
> ERR229 wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list?  I can't
> > find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues
> > I've tried.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the help.
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

ERR229 (29)

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...

Opening a window(form) with VBA / storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...

Auto filter and Pivot Table
Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot table? When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows. But when I go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total record count of 20000. Am I combining apples and oranges? If so, is there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table? -- RandyLewisKemp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

Strange Icon
I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. Anyone know what it is? What it does? Thank and Seasons Greeting! What version of Excel are you using? Where/when does the icon appear? HW wrote: > I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon > with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. > > Anyone know what it is? What it does? > > Thank and Seasons Greeting! -- Debra...

Pivot Table Update?
I have an existing pivot table that works OK - but I want it to recognise and automatically update when a new line of data is input - how can I do this? -- ajames ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ajames's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514328 Use a dynamic range name--one that grows and contracts with your data. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Then all you'll hav...

Unwanted arrows when "Format As Table"
When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. >When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table >style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally >unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header arrows are. http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg Now I understand what the issue is....

Pivot Charts #4
Is there a way to change the pivot chart without changing the table in the process? ...