Pivot Table Zero Value

Hi,

I've seen many questions on this subject, but none of the solutions seem to
work for me.  I have a pivot table that summarizes billing amounts for 20-25
different data items.  Also, the rows have two fields.  For Example:

Name             I.D.            Data
Total
John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0

I'd like to hide the rows with a zero value.  I tried coding the summary
worksheet (from which the pivot table pulls) to return "" rather than 0 if
the service was not performed.  I then unchecked "show blank items," and
unchecked the "show blank as...." and "show zero as...." items.

I also tried Debra D's macro, but when I run it, it seems to run
continuously and doens't hide anything.  (I have to escape from it to stop
it.)

All I need to do is hide the rows with zero values.  Is this possible?

2 suggestions would be

a) Can't you untick the £0 value in the pivot table list for that field
b) Can't you use an ordinary filter

HTH

"jcliquidtension" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen many questions on this subject, but none of the solutions seem to
> work for me.  I have a pivot table that summarizes billing amounts for 20-25
> different data items.  Also, the rows have two fields.  For Example:
>
> Name             I.D.            Data
> Total
> John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
> John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
> John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
> John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
>
> I'd like to hide the rows with a zero value.  I tried coding the summary
> worksheet (from which the pivot table pulls) to return "" rather than 0 if
> the service was not performed.  I then unchecked "show blank items," and
> unchecked the "show blank as...." and "show zero as...." items.
>
> I also tried Debra D's macro, but when I run it, it seems to run
> continuously and doens't hide anything.  (I have to escape from it to stop
> it.)
>
> All I need to do is hide the rows with zero values.  Is this possible?
0
Jimbola (32)
1/7/2005 8:21:03 PM
Which macro are you using, and what version of Excel do you have?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/7/2005 10:14:46 PM
Hi Debra,

First, thanks in advance for your help.  I've read many of your posts, and
they're very informative.  However, I still cannot get this pivot table -
zero value thing to work!  The macro I tried is below.  I changed the sheet
reference to my sheet, and I also changed the column and row references.  Row
- Name; Column - Data.  When those references did not work, I tried others
(total, amount, etc.), but still cannot get it to work.  The best I could do
was to get past the reference errors, and then it just runs continuously.

Again, thanks in advance for your help!
Jason

Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
'hide rows that contain zero totals
Dim r As Integer
Dim rTop As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim pf As PivotField
Dim df As PivotField
Dim pi As PivotItem
Dim pd As Range
Dim str As String
Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
Set df = pt.PivotFields("Amount") 'data field
Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Code") 'row field
rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
On Error Resume Next
       pi.Visible = True
Next pi
i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
       On Error Resume Next
       str = Cells(r, 1).Value
       Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
       If pd.Value = 0 Then
         pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
       End If
Next r

End Sub

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Which macro are you using, and what version of Excel do you have?
>
> jcliquidtension wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've seen many questions on this subject, but none of the solutions seem to
> > work for me.  I have a pivot table that summarizes billing amounts for 20-25
> > different data items.  Also, the rows have two fields.  For Example:
> >
> > Name             I.D.            Data
> > Total
> > John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> > John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
> > John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
> > John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> > John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
> > John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
> >
> > I'd like to hide the rows with a zero value.  I tried coding the summary
> > worksheet (from which the pivot table pulls) to return "" rather than 0 if
> > the service was not performed.  I then unchecked "show blank items," and
> > unchecked the "show blank as...." and "show zero as...." items.
> >
> > I also tried Debra D's macro, but when I run it, it seems to run
> > continuously and doens't hide anything.  (I have to escape from it to stop
> > it.)
> >
> > All I need to do is hide the rows with zero values.  Is this possible?
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

PMFJI,

But I tried your code and with a minor tweak, it worked ok:

I changed this line:
       str = Cells(r, 1).Value
       str = Sheets("pivot").Cells(r, 1).Value

But if you had the pivot sheet active, then this suggestion isn't the fix.

jcliquidtension wrote:

> [...]
> > > John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
> > > John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> > > John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
> > > John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
> > >
> > > I'd like to hide the rows with a zero value.  I tried coding the summary
> > > worksheet (from which the pivot table pulls) to return "" rather than 0 if
> > > the service was not performed.  I then unchecked "show blank items," and
> > > unchecked the "show blank as...." and "show zero as...." items.
> > >
> > > I also tried Debra D's macro, but when I run it, it seems to run
> > > continuously and doens't hide anything.  (I have to escape from it to stop
> > > it.)
> > >
> > > All I need to do is hide the rows with zero values.  Is this possible?

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
1/10/2005 10:28:52 PM
Hi Jason,

Are you using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003, or an earlier version?

Debra

jcliquidtension wrote:
> [...]
>>>John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
>>>John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
>>>John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
>>>John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
>>>
>>>I'd like to hide the rows with a zero value.  I tried coding the summary
>>>worksheet (from which the pivot table pulls) to return "" rather than 0 if
>>>the service was not performed.  I then unchecked "show blank items," and
>>>unchecked the "show blank as...." and "show zero as...." items.
>>>
>>>I also tried Debra D's macro, but when I run it, it seems to run
>>>continuously and doens't hide anything.  (I have to escape from it to stop
>>>it.)
>>>
>>>All I need to do is hide the rows with zero values.  Is this possible?

1/10/2005 10:34:31 PM
Hi Debra,

I'm sorry I forgot to include the version.  I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks again,
JAson

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Are you using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003, or an earlier version?
>
> Debra
>
> jcliquidtension wrote:
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > First, thanks in advance for your help.  I've read many of your posts, and
> > they're very informative.  However, I still cannot get this pivot table -
> > zero value thing to work!  The macro I tried is below.  I changed the sheet
> > reference to my sheet, and I also changed the column and row references.  Row
> > - Name; Column - Data.  When those references did not work, I tried others
> > (total, amount, etc.), but still cannot get it to work.  The best I could do
> > was to get past the reference errors, and then it just runs continuously.
> >
> > Again, thanks in advance for your help!
> > Jason
> >
> > Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
> > 'hide rows that contain zero totals
> > Dim r As Integer
> > Dim rTop As Integer
> > Dim i As Integer
> > Dim pt As PivotTable
> > Dim pf As PivotField
> > Dim df As PivotField
> > Dim pi As PivotItem
> > Dim pd As Range
> > Dim str As String
> > Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
> > Set df = pt.PivotFields("Amount") 'data field
> > Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Code") 'row field
> > rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
> > For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
> > On Error Resume Next
> >        pi.Visible = True
> > Next pi
> > i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
> > For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
> >        On Error Resume Next
> >        str = Cells(r, 1).Value
> >        Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
> >        If pd.Value = 0 Then
> >          pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
> >        End If
> > Next r
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>Which macro are you using, and what version of Excel do you have?

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the input.  I tried it both with the pivot table sheet active,
and inactive.  Either way, I was receiving the error messages.  Thanks though!

Jason

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> PMFJI,
>
> But I tried your code and with a minor tweak, it worked ok:
>
> I changed this line:
>        str = Cells(r, 1).Value
>        str = Sheets("pivot").Cells(r, 1).Value
>
> But if you had the pivot sheet active, then this suggestion isn't the fix.
>

> jcliquidtension wrote:
> >
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > First, thanks in advance for your help.  I've read many of your posts, and
> > they're very informative.  However, I still cannot get this pivot table -
> > zero value thing to work!  The macro I tried is below.  I changed the sheet
> > reference to my sheet, and I also changed the column and row references.  Row
> > - Name; Column - Data.  When those references did not work, I tried others
> > (total, amount, etc.), but still cannot get it to work.  The best I could do
> > was to get past the reference errors, and then it just runs continuously.
> >
> > Again, thanks in advance for your help!
> > Jason
> >
> > Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
> > 'hide rows that contain zero totals
> > Dim r As Integer
> > Dim rTop As Integer
> > Dim i As Integer
> > Dim pt As PivotTable
> > Dim pf As PivotField
> > Dim df As PivotField
> > Dim pi As PivotItem
> > Dim pd As Range
> > Dim str As String
> > Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
> > Set df = pt.PivotFields("Amount") 'data field
> > Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Code") 'row field
> > rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
> > For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
> > On Error Resume Next
> >        pi.Visible = True
> > Next pi
> > i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
> > For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
> >        On Error Resume Next
> >        str = Cells(r, 1).Value
> >        Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
> >        If pd.Value = 0 Then
> >          pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
> >        End If
> > Next r
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >
> > > Which macro are you using, and what version of Excel do you have?

> > > --
> > > Debra Dalgleish
> > > Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> > > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Hi Debra,

I just realized something else with which I'm having an issue.  The column
headings used in the template can change depending upon who uses them.  (Each
user selects his/her country from a drop-down, and based on the selection,
certain headings show.  The headings that change are always in the data field
of the table.  i've noticed that when they change, they drop out of the
table.  Is there any way to reference the column by it's location rather than
it's name?  Or is there any way to keep them from dropping from the table
when they change?

Thanks again,
Jason

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Are you using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003, or an earlier version?
>
> Debra
>
> jcliquidtension wrote:
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > First, thanks in advance for your help.  I've read many of your posts, and
> > they're very informative.  However, I still cannot get this pivot table -
> > zero value thing to work!  The macro I tried is below.  I changed the sheet
> > reference to my sheet, and I also changed the column and row references.  Row
> > - Name; Column - Data.  When those references did not work, I tried others
> > (total, amount, etc.), but still cannot get it to work.  The best I could do
> > was to get past the reference errors, and then it just runs continuously.
> >
> > Again, thanks in advance for your help!
> > Jason
> >
> > Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
> > 'hide rows that contain zero totals
> > Dim r As Integer
> > Dim rTop As Integer
> > Dim i As Integer
> > Dim pt As PivotTable
> > Dim pf As PivotField
> > Dim df As PivotField
> > Dim pi As PivotItem
> > Dim pd As Range
> > Dim str As String
> > Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
> > Set df = pt.PivotFields("Amount") 'data field
> > Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Code") 'row field
> > rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
> > For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
> > On Error Resume Next
> >        pi.Visible = True
> > Next pi
> > i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
> > For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
> >        On Error Resume Next
> >        str = Cells(r, 1).Value
> >        Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
> >        If pd.Value = 0 Then
> >          pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
> >        End If
> > Next r
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>Which macro are you using, and what version of Excel do you have?

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

If the information is summarized on another sheet, do you need to use a
pivot table? Maybe an AutoFilter on the summary sheet would be a better
tool for this.

To maintain all the item headings, you could check the 'show items with
no data' box in the Data Field Settings dialog box.

jcliquidtension wrote:
> Hi Debra,
>
> I just realized something else with which I'm having an issue.  The column
> headings used in the template can change depending upon who uses them.  (Each
> user selects his/her country from a drop-down, and based on the selection,
> certain headings show.  The headings that change are always in the data field
> of the table.  i've noticed that when they change, they drop out of the
> table.  Is there any way to reference the column by it's location rather than
> it's name?  Or is there any way to keep them from dropping from the table
> when they change?
>
> Thanks again,
> Jason
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Hi Jason,
>>
>>Are you using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003, or an earlier version?
>>
>>Debra
>>
>>jcliquidtension wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Debra,
>>>
>>>First, thanks in advance for your help.  I've read many of your posts, and
>>>they're very informative.  However, I still cannot get this pivot table -
>>>zero value thing to work!  The macro I tried is below.  I changed the sheet
>>>reference to my sheet, and I also changed the column and row references.  Row
>>>- Name; Column - Data.  When those references did not work, I tried others
>>>(total, amount, etc.), but still cannot get it to work.  The best I could do
>>>was to get past the reference errors, and then it just runs continuously.
>>>
>>>Again, thanks in advance for your help!
>>>Jason
>>>
>>>Sub HideZeroRowTotals()
>>>'hide rows that contain zero totals
>>>Dim r As Integer
>>>Dim rTop As Integer
>>>Dim i As Integer
>>>Dim pt As PivotTable
>>>Dim pf As PivotField
>>>Dim df As PivotField
>>>Dim pi As PivotItem
>>>Dim pd As Range
>>>Dim str As String
>>>Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1)
>>>Set df = pt.PivotFields("Amount") 'data field
>>>Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Code") 'row field
>>>rTop = 4 'number of rows before data starts
>>>For Each pi In pf.PivotItems
>>>On Error Resume Next
>>>       pi.Visible = True
>>>Next pi
>>>i = pf.PivotItems.Count + rTop
>>>For r = i To rTop - 1 Step -1
>>>       On Error Resume Next
>>>       str = Cells(r, 1).Value
>>>       Set pd = pt.GetPivotData(df.Value, pf.Value, str)
>>>       If pd.Value = 0 Then
>>>         pf.PivotItems(str).Visible = False
>>>       End If
>>>Next r

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/11/2005 10:36:02 PM
The information is summarized, but I was hoping to have it in a format as
below.  The input sheet has one row for each person, and the various services
are in columns.  So, a check in C2 returns John Smith U.S. Return, D2 is John
Smith State Return, etc.  The next row would be for John Doe, and so on.  I
liked the way the pivot table put the info in rows like that, whereas my
summary sheet shows amounts (pulled from a table depending upon which country
performs the service) in the same format as the input page.  Is that possible
without a pivot table?

Name             I.D.            Data
Total

John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0

THanks again,
Jason

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> If the information is summarized on another sheet, do you need to use a
> pivot table? Maybe an AutoFilter on the summary sheet would be a better
> tool for this.
>
> To maintain all the item headings, you could check the 'show items with
> no data' box in the Data Field Settings dialog box.
>
> jcliquidtension wrote:
> > Hi Debra,
> >
> > I just realized something else with which I'm having an issue.  The column
> > headings used in the template can change depending upon who uses them.  (Each
> > user selects his/her country from a drop-down, and based on the selection,
> > certain headings show.  The headings that change are always in the data field
> > of the table.  i've noticed that when they change, they drop out of the
> > table.  Is there any way to reference the column by it's location rather than
> > it's name?  Or is there any way to keep them from dropping from the table
> > when they change?
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Jason
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Jason,
> >>
> >>Are you using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003, or an earlier version?
> >>
> >>Debra

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

A pivot table would be the easiest way to show the return types in a
column. But the name and ID number will only show once, not repeated for
each row.

I assumed the sample showed how your source data was arranged. If this
is how the pivot table is arranged, the HideZero macro won't work. If
you hide a Data item, it would hide it for all names. If you run a macro
that simply hides the rows that contain a zero total, it could hide rows
that contain the Name and ID, leaving many rows unidentified.

jcliquidtension wrote:
> The information is summarized, but I was hoping to have it in a format as
> below.  The input sheet has one row for each person, and the various services
> are in columns.  So, a check in C2 returns John Smith U.S. Return, D2 is John
> Smith State Return, etc.  The next row would be for John Doe, and so on.  I
> liked the way the pivot table put the info in rows like that, whereas my
> summary sheet shows amounts (pulled from a table depending upon which country
> performs the service) in the same format as the input page.  Is that possible
> without a pivot table?
>
> Name             I.D.            Data
> Total
>
> John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
> John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
> John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
> John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
>
> THanks again,
> Jason
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>If the information is summarized on another sheet, do you need to use a
>>pivot table? Maybe an AutoFilter on the summary sheet would be a better
>>tool for this.
>>
>>To maintain all the item headings, you could check the 'show items with
>>no data' box in the Data Field Settings dialog box.
>>
>>jcliquidtension wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Debra,
>>>
>>>I just realized something else with which I'm having an issue.  The column
>>>headings used in the template can change depending upon who uses them.  (Each
>>>user selects his/her country from a drop-down, and based on the selection,
>>>certain headings show.  The headings that change are always in the data field
>>>of the table.  i've noticed that when they change, they drop out of the
>>>table.  Is there any way to reference the column by it's location rather than
>>>it's name?  Or is there any way to keep them from dropping from the table
>>>when they change?
>>>
>>>Thanks again,
>>>Jason

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/12/2005 2:16:34 AM
Well, again, thanks very much for the help.  I guess the pivot table is the
best bet then.

Thanks again,
Jason

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> A pivot table would be the easiest way to show the return types in a
> column. But the name and ID number will only show once, not repeated for
> each row.
>
> I assumed the sample showed how your source data was arranged. If this
> is how the pivot table is arranged, the HideZero macro won't work. If
> you hide a Data item, it would hide it for all names. If you run a macro
> that simply hides the rows that contain a zero total, it could hide rows
> that contain the Name and ID, leaving many rows unidentified.
>
> jcliquidtension wrote:
> > The information is summarized, but I was hoping to have it in a format as
> > below.  The input sheet has one row for each person, and the various services
> > are in columns.  So, a check in C2 returns John Smith U.S. Return, D2 is John
> > Smith State Return, etc.  The next row would be for John Doe, and so on.  I
> > liked the way the pivot table put the info in rows like that, whereas my
> > summary sheet shows amounts (pulled from a table depending upon which country
> > performs the service) in the same format as the input page.  Is that possible
> > without a pivot table?
> >
> > Name             I.D.            Data
> > Total
> >
> > John Smith      7756         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> > John Smith      7756         State Tax Return                      $250
> > John Smith      7756         Add'l State Return                     $0
> > John Doe         8876         U.S. Tax Return                        $800
> > John Doe         8876         State Tax Return                      $0
> > John Doe         8876         Add'l State Return                     $0
> >
> > THanks again,
> > Jason
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>If the information is summarized on another sheet, do you need to use a
> >>pivot table? Maybe an AutoFilter on the summary sheet would be a better
> >>tool for this.
> >>
> >>To maintain all the item headings, you could check the 'show items with
> >>no data' box in the Data Field Settings dialog box.

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

return value
Is there any way to return either NULL or a SYSTEMTIME object? will it work in C++? as in Java, one can return either NULL or an object, does C++ has something similar? Is the following code OK for C++? ================= SYSTEMTIME Table::Get(char* FieldName) { _variant_t vtValue; vtValue = m_Rec->Fields->GetItem(FieldName)->GetValue(); if (vtValue.vt == VT_NULL) { return NULL; } SYSTEMTIME m_st; VariantTimeToSystemTimeWithMilliseconds (vtValue.date, &m_st); return m_st; } On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:43:45 -0700, Carmen Sei <fatwallet951@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Populate 2nd combo box based on value selected in first combo box?
I have 3 combo boxes. The first one is static inputs, the second need to be populated with inputs (via .AddItem) based on which input th user selects from combobox one. The third needs to be populated (vi .AddItem) based on what the user selects for the input in combobox 2. Is this possible?? Thanks... Chad! BTW..this form runs, but cmbFile is only populated with ".bsn" Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() 'populate the 1st combo box - this is static info With cmbParam .AddItem "Flow" .AddItem "Sediment" .AddItem "Phosphorous" .AddItem "Nitra...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

How to clear ComboBx value without making it NULL?
There are two ComboBox in a form. (ComboBx1 and ComboBox2) ComboBox2 is providing data for a table field which is required a value rather than NULL. Source of the ComboBx2 is coming from a query for which ComboBx1 is a criteria. So, when you select a value in ComboBx1, source of the ComboBx2 is changing accordingly. For OnChange() and AfterExit() events of ComboBx1, I write these simple codes to update the ComboBx2 automatically: Form_Form1.ComboBx2.Value=Null Form_Form1.ComboBx2.Requery Since ComboBx2.Value can not be NULL because it is required a value, first line of the code cause en err...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Define print area depending on a cell value
How to write a code to determine print area and depending on a cell value. Let say cell A and cell B.If cell B has a certain value,then the print area is cell A,B,C,D ,so when the worksheet is printed,it will only include cell A,B,C,D.But if the cell B is blank or has another certain value,the print area is cel A,B only. Please help to do it programatically?I have not much experience with Excel VBA.Thank's Here is one example... Mark Ivey Sub SetPrintArea() If Range("B1").Value = "" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "=" & _ ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Preserve a variable's value?
I want one of my addin subprocedure to ask the user to insert a password which shall be PRESERVED and used from time to time for his/her convenience without reentering the same, even if the application/system is shutdown/restarted, unless required to be changed via another subprocedure. How to preserve such an entry. Any syntax/sample of a code or appropriate source of info on net shall be appreciated. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz While I'd hesitate to do this, I'd probably create a worksheet that you can make "very hidden" and save the ...

uninstalling microsoft office 2001 value pack
Hi, I already have office 2001 on my machine, and recently installed the value pack. i noticed word became notably slower and so for now i just wish to unistall the value pack. how can i do that cleanly. any ideas why my machine would slow down like that. i still do have 1.2 Gig of hard disk space available. thanks. ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...