Pivot Table Wizard in 2007

I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I need
to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through the
options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to
look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I
can't make it appear.
Thanks,

Jane N;703332 Wrote:

I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I
need
> to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through
the
> options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I
wanted to
> look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is,
but I
> can't make it appear.
> Thanks,

Hi, Jane,

Go to the office button, excel options at lower right, customize,
choose commands not in ribbon, scroll down to Pivot Table and Pivot
Chart Wizard, click add and this should add the wizard to your Quick
Access Toolbar.  You could also try shortcut Alt-D then P and see if
that will bring the wizard up.

Hope this helps.
Dianne

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dianne
4/19/2010 10:57:15 PM
Hi Jane

You have the answer of Alt+D+P to bring up the wizard.
But, I am curious as to why you need to update the data source each month?
Are you saying you need to extend the source range, to accommodate the
new data that has been added to the source table?
If so, this is something you should never need to do.

In XL2007, don't go straight to a Pivot Table.
Instead, place your cursor in your source data>Insert tab>Table>check my
table has headers.
With your cursor within the Table, click on the Design tab that appears
and give the table a meaningful name (rather than the default Table 1).
 From the design tab>Summarise with Pivot Table (when creating new PT's)
and it will use that table as it's source.
The table that has been created will automatically grow in dimensions as
you add more data. Your PT will reflect these additions, whenever you
refresh the table.

If you are just wanting to change what is the source for your PT, then
in XL2007 you do not require the old wizard.
With your cursor within the PT, click on the Options tab>Data
section>Change Data source.

I hope that this helps.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Jane N wrote:
> I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I need
> to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through the
> options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to
> look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I
> can't make it appear.
> Thanks,
0
Roger

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

outlook 2007 #31
Hello, I used to use outlook 2003 for my IMAP type email account. recetly i have switched to outlook 2007. However the imap account does not work now. It says that it can not connect to the server. I installed the same account to windows mail in vista and it works there. I dont know what the problem is with outlook 2007. It is not a server problem because the imap email account works on windows mail. What may be the problem? Thanks ...

fabrikam april 12 2007
Happy April 12th, 2007 to all the fabrikam demo people. -- Brian Connell Data Resolution Brian - that is very funny! :-) "Brian Connell" wrote: > Happy April 12th, 2007 to all the fabrikam demo people. > -- > Brian Connell > Data Resolution Having met you Brian, that does fit your superb humor, very very funny Guy "Brian Connell" wrote: > Happy April 12th, 2007 to all the fabrikam demo people. > -- > Brian Connell > Data Resolution Thanks for making me laugh! Mark (dynamicaccounting.net) On Apr 12, 6:56 am, Brenner Klenzman, MVP &l...

powerpoint 2007 hungs up while inserting pictures on windows 7 x86
hello, i have office 2007 professional installed on a fresh installed windows 7 professional x86. i have sp2 for office 2007 and all windows updates installed. but when i try to insert a picture in powerpoint it hungs up everytime. any ideas? regards, sebastian Do you have a local default printer driver. (Yep I know that sounds crazy but it matters) See http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00850.htm "Sebi" <Sebi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9F4DBA-4541-4E35-B3C0-6598162B026D@microsoft.com... > hello, i have office 2007 professional inst...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Excel 2007 List Comparison
Hi I have a list of names and address in Excel 2007, some have which have been modified/changed, ie addition of postcode, or streename spellings modified etc. I cannot find a forumla or function which will enable me to compare my before and after lists and be able to indicate row by row what has changed. I need to do this for internal audit purposes, and I'm sure this is possible in SQL but I have no SQL skills. Does anyone know how I could do this? Thanks Well, for a quick and dirty comparison I just use some simple formulas. Say I have a list on Sheet1 A1:C10 that I want to c...

Mortgage Loan Principal & Interest splits incorrect- Money 2007
I discovered that my mortgage loan amortization schedule is incorrect in Money 2007 even though the terms are correct in the wizard. How do you correct this? I can go back and manually correct the old transactions splits (with much time) but how do you correct going forward? I double checked the terms of the loan in the wizard and they appear to be correct? -- Ron Ron D | 12/14/2008 | 4:02:00 PM wrote: >I discovered that my mortgage loan amortization schedule is incorrect >in Money 2007 even though the terms are correct in the wizard. How do >you correct this? I can go back and...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

update links in Powerpoint 2007
I am creating charts in Excel and then via the Paste Special finction I paste them into Powerpoint as a linked object. This is so I may update the Excel sheets and refresh them in the powerpoint slides as and when required. This is working fine for me but when a colleague opens both the Excel and the Powerpoint presentation they are not able to refresh the links. Instead they receive the error message " The linked file was unavailable and can't be updated" we did not have this problem with earlier version of Office so I would appreciate it if anybody has a ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Outlook 2007 No Ribbon
For some reason Outlook shows menu bars instead of the ribbon, I like the ribbon and want it in Outlook, why doesn't it show up? Henry Because it wasn't included in the main Outlook window. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Henry Hicks asked: | For some reason Outlook shows menu bars instead of the ribbon, I like | the ribbon and want it in Outlook, why doesn't it show up? |=20 | Henry Henry ...

searching for mail address in outlook 2007
Hi, When I use instant search in outlook 2007 and search for part of an email address i don't find any mail, although I know for sure they exist in the mailbox. E.g. if I want to find all mail from people working at company X and I know they all have e-mail addresses ...@company_x.com. If I then search for company_x I get zero hits. Why? If I know one of their co-workers is named John Doe and I search for John Doe I find all mails from him. Jonas ...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Problems with a XP database in 2007
I developed a database in XP that worked fine in XP and 2003 Access versions (all machines are running Win XP SP2). The problem occurs in a form that queries a recordset to assign a new record number (all through code). The steps are as follows: 1. The user opens the form and goes to a new record (the form is bound). 2. The user then populates the form as needed and clicks on Save (custom command button). 3. The Save button runs code that checks if the ID is null. If the ID is null, it opens a recordset looking for the last record and adds 1 to create a new record number (primary key). ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts