Pivot table problem #13

Hi,

I've got a pivot table that has dates on the left, and items tested in the
other columns, however not every item is tested every day leaving blank
cells, how do I continue on the last test number until a new test result is
provided?

Thanks

Ross
0
Ross (104)

I'm not following you.
You lost me when you said "how do I continue on the last test number
until a new test result is provided?"

--
cs02000

How do I select a range of cells in an Excel table using the mouse
When I use the mouse to select a range of cells in an Excel table (left-button-click-and-hold, drag mouse mouse over desired cell range), when I release the mouse ALL the data in the top row of the selected range is COPIED to the remaining rows in the selected range... How do I prevent this, or what is wrong w/my selection technique. -- John C. Lethco Be more careful with your initial click. I'm thinking that you got the edge of the cell, not the cell itself. jlethco_texas wrote: > > When I use the mouse to select a range of cells in an Excel table > (left-...

visual basic

Troubleshooting "Rules"
Hi, I am trying to cope with spam by creating rules from messages in my Junk folder. I am hilighting the message and then selecting either the "From" option or the "Subject" option. All seems to go well up to that point. However . . . After clicking OK and then selecting "run this rule in this folder now", the only message that is deleted is the one that I am using to create the rule, instead of going through the whole Junk folder, as expected. Another problem that I am having is with the Search funciton. Again in my failaing efforts to cope with over...

PropertyPage and ActiveX problems
Hello, As for now I was able to handle all problems by myslef, but now I don't know what's going on. * I created another property page for my activex control, evrything was fine untill I included a richedit box in my property page. Since then property page object receives WM_DESTROY on the begginig (when you choose it in property window). The problem dissaperars when I remove the rich edit control. What's the problem? I'm not sure but there was something about it in the comments, but I can't remember where (something like "When inserting a CRichEdit control remember t...

Is it possible to plot 3 surfaces in a Pivot Chart? (Repost)
Hello May I please ask for your kind help? I have 5 variables - a, b, c, d, and Fitness. When I create a Pivot Chart, with Fitness=height, I obtain one chart with ONE surface. It is very useful to plot everything on one chart, however I would like to plot several surfaces on the chart. In other words, to me a surface is a 3D plot of variable Fitness vs variables a and b, holding values for variables c and d constant. Example 1. Suppose variable c can take on 3 values, and variable d can take on 4 values. This means that there can be 3*4=12 combinations of variables c and d....

Pivot Table
Dear All I built a pivot table by getting the data from an external datasource. It works fin all the time but now I want to add a parameter to the source so that everytime when I placed the parameter and click refresh. The pivot table will give the result according to the parameter. Do you have any idea on it? Thank you very much!! Regards, Hi, You could put the Parameter field into the Page area and then pick the parameter there. However, if you code the data retrevial you can input a parameter into the SQL statement. So if the first one doesn't work record a macro that cre...

Pivot table -Show Q3 and Q4 with non-filtered Total
Hi guys, Need help with the question detailed below. In my Pivot Table: Field "Qty" is xlDataField. Field "Quarter" is xlColumnField. The report shows the quantities for each quarter, like: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total 2 5 4 5 16 I need to show only Q3 and Q4, but live the "Total" with the whole quantity, like: Q3 Q4 Total 4 5 16 How can I achieve that? Thanks in advance, Aldo. ...

POP3 problem with Exchange 2000 #2
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt s...

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly #2
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outloo XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), th attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the sam result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook X installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment thi morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the sam email 78 tim...

Problem opening .vsd file with included .vss file with Visio viewer
Dear lazyweb, We have a .vsd file that gives the following error when opening it with Internet Explorer / Visio viewer: The Microsoft Office Visio Viewer was not able to complete the operation. Other visio files don't give the error. The file opens in Visio. I can see that the .vsd file also opens two .vss files. I can see that in the Window menu. I googled and found out that .vss are "stencil" files - are these embedded inside a .vsd file?? One of the .vss files is probably a "visio default" file, the other is most certainly created here on site, judging by the filena...

Problems with SearchInRange() macro
MS Excel 97 SR-2 Having problems with the implementation for SearchInRange(AS13,'\Obsolescence\[obsolete-list.xls]A'!$C1:$C10,1,1) 1) Can't get the search() worksheet function to work in the macro 2) Debugger has quit on me. Point 2 first: I have had an excel crash, tried to change the name of a watch variable by editing it. Since restarting Excel, the VBA debugger does not respect my breakpoints in SearchInRange(). Am loathe to restart the PC - is there a reason for this, and more importantly, a workaround? Point 1: I cannot step over a line of the form result = searc...

Adjust an Excel table with the width of a Word page
Hol=E0 has todos los Excel users!! Here is my small problem (way of speaking, because for me it is an enormous problem, but for you, it is undoubtedly nothing.): Under Excel, I have a macro that creates several tables on several sheets (1 table per sheet). This macro selects and copies each table into a page in Word. The problem is that the number of columns is variable : at the time of copying, the table doesn't not fit the width of the Word page. That's why I'm seeking a way to do the following things : 1) calculate the number of columns of the xls table 2) find the width of ...

How to implement the outer join in ACCESS for more than 2 tables?
I have three tables (Employees, Outsourced and Projects). Projects table include project_id, project_name, emp_id as foreign key to Employees.id and Outsourced _id as foreign key to Outsourced.id. I need a query to show the project name, Employee_name, Outsourced name. Kindly, to help me to generate the SQL Statement. The SQL you can use Select Projects.[project name], Employees.[Employee_name] , Outsourced.[Outsourced name] From (Projects Inner Join Employees On Projects.emp_id = Employees.emp_id ) Inner Join Outsourced On Projects.Outsourced _id = Outsourced.Outsourced _id But yo...

Custom user function sheet recalculate problem
Hi All, I have a custom user function called in many cells in my spreadshee much like -=getdata(ref1,ref2)- which works great! Within this functio a call is made to an SQL database to retrieve one piece information an return it to the spreadsheet. Althought it seems really quick for on cell its obviously a major overhead for many cells. Currently 100 cell updates takes about 15 secs which is actually not bad when it happening only once. However we will run large and complicate spreadsheets with perhaps many times more data being refreshe regularly in different ways. What I want to achive ...

Problem Backing Up PST Files
Using the Backup Tool Plug-In, I want to change the destination to a non-C drive in my system (now called "E:\"). When I browse to and try to change the backup folder to the non-C drive location, I get an error message, "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERFILE]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook backup.pst ..." What gives? And C:\Documents and Settings\[USERFILE]\Local Settings\Application\Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook backup.pst Is the entire err msg? And if you simply type the location/file in the File location box? "Joooles_M...

Pivot Tables
Is there a way to use pivot tables in Excel to accomplish the same result as an MS-Access process to "join" two tables on matching fields? For example, I have one range of data that contains employee time card information that includes a costing code for each time entry. I have a separate data range that contains, for each costing code, one or more records containing percentages that are used to allocate labor to specific business units. The desired result is a table or data range that contains all of the records from the time card range and all matching record...

Pivot Table - Data Field
Hi All, I trying to create a custom data field within a Pivot Table that calculates the remaining sum, in a sense the opposite of the "Running Total In" option fo the "Show data as" parameter in the Field Settings bar. So for example if I have the follow data items in a column: 1, 4, 7, 3, 7 Column Total being 22 Then the running total would be 1, 5, 12, 15, 22 And the remaining sum would be 21, 17, 10, 18, 0 I cannot find any way of doing this. Since I cannot use GETPIVOTDATA within a Pivot Table's calculated field, I cannot make a reference to the Column Total. C...

Problem installing Money Plus
I downloaded Money Plus. I've used money for about seven years (2001, 2003 and 2006). When I try to install, it says some components were not install, try reinstalling money. What can I do? In microsoft.public.money, awchap wrote: >I downloaded Money Plus. I've used money for about seven years (2001, 2003 >and 2006). > >When I try to install, it says some components were not install, try >reinstalling money. What can I do? Let's guess you are using XP. I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege. Start->Settings->ControlPanel-&...

Activex problem
Hi all This may have been asked before, although I've searched the last week or so and haven't found it, so if I've missed a similar post I apologise. Windows XP with all SP's, updates etc. applied Office 2003 - Outlook 2003. When I open some emails I get the following message: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly" This has only started happeni...

Cursor Problem (WndClass?)
Hi,there! I'm trying to develop a drawing program in which I want have CROSS cursor in the drawing view some time. I learned from MSDN that "If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor each time the mouse is moved. " I overlapped the PreCreateWindow() function and the code is like this: BOOL CMiniCADView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if(!CView::PreCreateWindow(cs)) return FALSE; WNDCLASS WndC...

Font problem with Outlook 2003, please read.
Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font Verdana size 9. I have it set up so that most of the messages come in with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other fonts. How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always in Verdana size 9? Thank you so much in advance. You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format (Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....). Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9. Ok that worked but what if I want to ke...

Attachment Blocking Problem
Hi, We want to be able to block certain attachment types for our OWA users, (i.e. exe, bat, cmd etc) as these can harbour viruses. The reason for this, is that between our Exchange Front End Server and the client on the Internet we use an SSL encrypted tunnel (bridged by ISA Server Std 2004) in the middle and we are unable to scan inside the tunnel for viruses. We have implemented the recommended solution, as per knowledgebase article 830827, the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Client Access guide and the technet article at the following URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa9957...

Word 2008 Header/Footer Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Weird problem. Headers and footers have been working fine. Now when I open a document with a header or footer already in it, I am unable to edit them. When I double-click on the header or footer, if it is a picture I just get the option to format the picture - but I can't delete it or add a different header or footer. If I use a new document, I can create a header or footer, but as soon as I save it, close it and re-open it, the same thing happens. I am unable to edit the header or footer. It doesn't matter if the header...

CRM 4.0 Web Cleint Problem
Dear, I have installed the CRM 4.0 RTM and all are running fine. But, when I sending email from CRM web client, the email sender name is only show by actual mailbox username, not show by display name. For example, the user mailbox name is mailbox1, the display name is John Smith, in this case, when sending email to external customers, the sender name is displayed by mailbox1.Not show by John Smith. How to fix this problem. Please help me. Thank You & Best Regards, Htut. ...

Bit clearer Formula Problem V2
A B C D E F G H A7402P 1 5 34.9 31.4 28.25 0 0 A7402P 6 11 34.9 31.4 28.25 0 0 A7402P 12 999999 34.9 31.4 28.25 0 0 I have a problem that I cant work out who to do. Ive tried many nested if statments without any luck. Basically I have this spreadsheet above full of pricecodes(Col A), Quantity Breaks (Col C, D) and prices (Col D, E , F, G, H) In Col I Im trying to enter a formula that will place the price in one column w...