Pivot table problem #12

While not an expert at pivot tables, I've done them a few times and never
seen this problem... I'm using the piviot table wizrd and keep getting the
error that my 'pivot table field name is not valid'.  Is this referring to
the column headings?  They are simple names like date, product code,
location.  I can't get past this to set up my pivot table format.  Please
help...report due on Monday!!
0
KikiMarie (2)

There's probably a hidden column that has a blank heading cell, or
you've included a blank column at the end of the range.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/4/2005 10:32:00 PM
Do you have a header for one column that's blank?

"KikiMarie" <KikiMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While not an expert at pivot tables, I've done them a few times and never
> seen this problem... I'm using the piviot table wizrd and keep getting the
> error that my 'pivot table field name is not valid'.  Is this referring to
> the column headings?  They are simple names like date, product code,
> location.  I can't get past this to set up my pivot table format.  Please
> help...report due on Monday!!

0
reply6075 (299)

Pivot Table Counting

Problems with external contacts. Help!!!
Hi, I wondered if someone could help me, I am trying to add a list of frequently used external contacts to my exchange 2000 site. Now, I have created an OU, and the appropriate search and setup a few contacts and their email addresses, in this case all the external addresses reside in one external domain - it's not connected to exchange in any way other than the "contact" entry. No ad user exists. Lets say hotmail.com is the domain and craig_home@hotmail.com is the contact created. This appears in the Outlook address list as I would expect. The problem is when I email them I g...

Pivot Tables #4

SMTP Connector
Error Message received by NDR - This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server Can anyone shed some light on this one? This only happens with random external domains. Cheers On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:07:02 -0700, Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Error Message received by NDR - This message was rejected due to the current >administrative policy by the destination server > >Can anyone shed some light on this one? This only happens with random >external domains. > >Cheers Sounds like they are blocking you...

an odd problem about listctrl
the following codes: m_cListCtrl.SetFocus(); m_cListCtrl.SetItemState(1, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED); m_cListCtrl.EnsureVisible(1, TRUE); works in a button handle function but doesn't function OnInitDialog(); i wanna make one of the items in my listctrl hilighted when dialog shows. thanx for help. best regards, kywoo it's done, thanks kywoo "Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org> д����Ϣ news:OICm#tLZDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > "kywoo" <kywoo@vip.sina.com> wrote in message > news:%23TKwUhLZDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >...

Pivot Tables

Exchange ActiveSync problem
Dear All, My boss have a mobile phone SonyEricsson P990i. I had already installed the update Exchange ActiveSync patch of P990i and I can connect to Exchange server. But it comes error at 70% when the calendar have a lot of items. Also, the calendar isn't include all the itmes. After disable sync calender, it's all ok for sync contacts and emails, what's the problem? I can update the calendar when I use my email account which is include little items. Is it had some patch for update in the phone? Thank you very much. Ken. "Ken" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wr...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

chart template problems
When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas?? ...

Help with pivot table

Custom Calculation Problem
I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as: "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous). The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well as the difference between consecutive items. The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the difference for some it doesn...

Office Installation problem
I have installed Office Enterprise 2007 on my new PC, following the death of my old PC. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. This is the same version of Office that I was running on my old windows Vista machine. On day one the Office Application installed okay, activated and was fully working. On day 2 it stopped working, giving an error message that said "Microsoft Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." I get similar messages for Excel etc. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and using the advice in ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Conditional format problem
I have a column of data in an excel spreadsheet that uses the "workday" function to create a cell value that shows a date. when you manually input a date in one of the cells, all of the cells below auto adjust to the new dates based on the "workday" formula. what I want to do is when a date is manually input into one of the cells that has the workday formula in it, I want the cell to change color if the new date is before or after the date that was originally in this cell with the formula. when I try to input the conditional format, I am getting an error message that...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Problems with a XP database in 2007
I developed a database in XP that worked fine in XP and 2003 Access versions (all machines are running Win XP SP2). The problem occurs in a form that queries a recordset to assign a new record number (all through code). The steps are as follows: 1. The user opens the form and goes to a new record (the form is bound). 2. The user then populates the form as needed and clicks on Save (custom command button). 3. The Save button runs code that checks if the ID is null. If the ID is null, it opens a recordset looking for the last record and adds 1 to create a new record number (primary key). ...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Problem using xml writer
Hi I want to create following xml document using xmlwriter <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <epps> - <remit_trn type="technical"> <remit_date_dtm dtm = "201" >test</remit_date_dtm> <rmt_payee_n1>test</rmt_payee_n1> <rmt_payee_n1>test</rmt_payee_n1> <rmt_ref>test</rmt_ref> </remit_trn> </epps> I wrote the code to do the same but when I run the code I am getting following exception on executing the following line xmlw.WriteAttributeString("dtm01" , "201&quo...