Pivot Table not valid error message when formatting data 'button'.

Created Pivot table/chart, password-protected and put onto website (ie NOt
saved file as Web Page). Click on link, get warning message concerning macros
and prompted for password. If attempt to change data button by rightclicking
on it and selecting format - get error message 'Pivot Table not valid'. Note,
accessing the file directly (ie not via the web) works perfectly Ok.

PS Also get visual basic error message ' Run time error 1004 :Unable to set
the default property of the Pivotitem class'

VB code

Sub All_Years()
CP = "(All)"
pf = "Year First Seen"
Call DeleteOldItemsWB 'this runs OK'
Call Hosp(CP, pf) 'this stops at line 3'
Call Tumour(CP, pf)
End Sub

Public Sub Hosp(X, Y)
Sheets("Hospital Chart").Select
    ActiveChart.PivotLayout.PivotFields(Y).CurrentPage = X ' line 3'
Sheets("Home").Select
End Sub

0
MDW (8)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Data Validation List from different sheet
In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads its data from a different sheet? thanks M As responsed in .misc: Use a defined range as the source for the DV. Then you can. p/s: Pl refrain from multi-posting -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65 xdemechanik --- "Michelle" <mh_london@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64efb54d-21fb-49c2-a9cd-ebad7e1fd7df@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > > In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads > its data from a different...

ERROR
I'm NOT able to open Outlook XP and received the following message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service can not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure this is correctly installed and configured." I have tried to REPAIR, or REINSTALL the program with the CD only to have this function freeze (not responding). I have also tried to UNINSTALL with the CD but still get the freeze. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FYI: I just got this error message also. Could it be ...

Pivot Tables

Margins format
hi, i have a document in 2007 where users pasted different pieces including Excel tables. How do i bring them all to a single margin format as some pages are wider than the others? i tried the format brush tool but it did not work Thank you , -- ______ Regards, Greg In Page Setup, you can set the margins for "Whole document," which will take care of the margins even if the document contains more than one section. It will not, however, affect the width of existing tables. What you'll need to do for those is to set the table width (Table tab of Table Prop...

Form Buttons
....click! Feel free to use the big white space to ask your question. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0899C7C9-6C26-44D3-B519-D17C663EC3A8@microsoft.com... > ...

sql 2000 error handling
hi, I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the error message. Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? SQL2000 sp4a thanks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. > > I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the > error message. > Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? Where do you want to retrieve the error message? Your question is somewhat terse. Maybe you could elaborate a bit? ...

error with sending mails .

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Converting Leads to Contacts Duplicate errors
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applic...

Stopping free text entry in validation cell
Hi, I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists in some cells. I need to stop users from ignoring the options in the list and just typing whatever the want in the cell. Anyone help? I am sure it is easy, but can't see how to do it. Thnx, Smf If you are using a list then that should be enough unless they copy and paste into the validation cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "smf" <smf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448D4166-A2C9-4C25-852F-7B045DF19F98@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists...

IFrame Error-
Here is my issue- In leads I have an iframe displaying related closed activities to that lead. The iframe loads but i can not click on any of the icons or the activities to bring them up. If I F5 (refresh) page it will allow me to click on the buttons and related activities. I think it could be one of 2 things: Internet security in IE (I have my CRM site as a trusted site) or a coding issue. Code is below. Thanks in advance for any help CODE: var navActivityHistory; navActivityHistory = document.all.navActivityHistory; if (navActivityHistory != null) { document.all.IFRAME_Histor...

Conditional formatting and then counting specifics within it.
I have a work book that can have up to 100 sheets within it. An example of a sheet is:- Col B Col F Col N Col AM Col AN Col AO Col AP Test 1 12/03/03 1 01/01/03 31/03/03 01/01/02 31/03/02 Test 2 01/01/03 5 01/04/03 31/08/03 01/04/02 31/08/02 Test 3 01/09/03 2 01/09/03 31/12/03 01/09/02 31/12/02 Test 4 12/12/03 2 Test 5 14/04/03 3 Test 6 12/03/03 1 Column B hold a name. Column F holds a date of birth. Column N hold a number in the range 1 to 5. Columns AM to AP are start and end dates for current year and previous year for specific periods in the format dd/mm/yy. I have used 3 Conditiona...

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

join multiple pivot tables?

RE: Notification Message
Hey Peter, I'm afraid not :-( While Outlook can be customised alot this is one of the features which cannot be altered. However I think if you set the rule to permanently delete the mail then it doesn't show the notification Hope this helps Adam ...

How to view only unread messages in a folder (OL2003)?
I'm coming from mozilla. There it is totally trivial to view only unrea mails in a folder. How do I do this in Outlook2003? I added with the Field Chooser the -Read- column but Outlook canno sort on this column... Am I missing here something important? Or ia a Outlook user neve interested in unread mails in a folder?? Michae ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com View | Arrange By | Current View | Unread Messages. You can also use the Views dropdown on th...

Help with pivot table

RunTime Error
Getting an run-time error 1004 on this simple statement Sheets("AllSheet").Select Range("A28:A29").Select Can't figure out why. What does the error message say? Does your file have a sheet named "AllSheet"? Look at the spelling carefully. Does the sheet name in the sheet tab have a space before or after the name? If you're not sure, rename the sheet the same name, being careful to not add a space before or after the name. HTH Otto "HeartSA" <haertSA@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23YFsc5D0FHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.p...

Error message c:\windows\system32\actext.dll
I get the following in opening Outlook 2002 ..can anyone help?? ...

cannot run database message
I amended an existsing data base, which operates in two parts, data in file contractsprod, forms, queries reports in file contractsapps. I created a new table "Rebates" in contractsprod, copied it to contractsapps and linked them. Created a sub form in an existing form and entered data. All worked OK. Trying to open contractsapp today get the message "You cant run contracts database unil you locate database contains Rebate" No, stupidly I did not create a backup before adding the new table. Do usually and of course don't find I need it! I can open contractsprod ...

Snooze button
Does anyone know how to reset the snooze button in office reminders On 2/29/08 7:43 AM, in article ee8f31a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Bob_Whiting@officeformac.com" <Bob_Whiting@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to reset the snooze button in office reminders You can't but you can click and hold to see more options. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...