pivot table help? #2

I need some help with an issue I cannot seem to solve!

I have a pivot table in Excel that is based off of a data
input sheet.  The data changes every month and the pivot
table is always linked to the specific data tab.  When the
underlying data changes, the "old data" still displays as
options to check in the pivot table.  The refresh option
does not seem to fix this, nor does the "Save data with
table layout" option.

I only want the options to check to be current data.  For
example, my data sheet only has data for July and August,
but the pivot table has options to check for Jan - Aug.
Anyone have any idea how I can clear this old data out?
Thanks!!!

Pivot Table Counting

Problems with external contacts. Help!!!
Hi, I wondered if someone could help me, I am trying to add a list of frequently used external contacts to my exchange 2000 site. Now, I have created an OU, and the appropriate search and setup a few contacts and their email addresses, in this case all the external addresses reside in one external domain - it's not connected to exchange in any way other than the "contact" entry. No ad user exists. Lets say hotmail.com is the domain and craig_home@hotmail.com is the contact created. This appears in the Outlook address list as I would expect. The problem is when I email them I g...

downloads #2
I am having the same problem---did you ever find resolution? does anyone know how to get around it? ----- Kay Cordova wrote: ----- I have tried to download from my financial institution my account information. When I set the file to download to a .qif file it insists on loading the download to MS Money instead of putting it in a file where I can import it into Quicken. I have looked at all of the Options to find where to change that and cannot find anything that will help/ Did you see the "money vs. quicken"...

Pivot Tables #4

Coding Help
I want a command button on a form to do the following: Prompt User with "Preview Report?" If yes, then Open "Report1" When closing the report I want: Prompt User "Output Report?" If yes, then Output "Report1" Else, return to form Else, Output "Report1" How do I do this? Why not use a Toolbar with a Print Button tied to the report to avoid regenerating the report? Pieter "mray29" <mray29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A45DC82-9EA5-4C64-A7CE-8B81693E90FF@microsoft.com... > Try this for the comm...

Pivot Tables

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

join multiple pivot tables?

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Help with pivot table

Y-axis help
i have the numbers on my chart set like this..... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 but i want to change it to this....... 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 how do i flip-flop the y-axis this way. (I need to do this for good reason!) Please help! Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, check the Values (or Categories if it's really the X axis, as in a horizontal bar chart) in reverse order checkbox. You may also need to check the Axis crosses at maximum checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Te...

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

csv #2
I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also can you tel me some more features of csv. File|Save As and change the "Save as type" to CSV Jerry Ashish wrote: > I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also > can you tel me some more features of csv. Ashish, See www.smokeylake.com/excel/textfiles.htm. Read "Delimited text file." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ashish" <Ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Lookup help #3
Ifyou have a classification of data of ABC and it appears in a list times with different information when I want to do a vlookup to pul all the relevant data for ABC into a new sheet, then the lookup wil just pull back the data for the first one found continuously and no move onto the second and third listing of ABC. So how do you get th lookup to move on through the sheet to pull back all of the relevan data? i.e. ABC 12 12 12 ABC 13 12 13 ABC 14 12 14 The present vlookup will just bring back ABC 12 12 12 And not move onto the other returns for this classification. T...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Help with an IF Formula
Can anyone help me with a question about an IF formula? Is there any way to write an IF formula that causes multiple actions or results to occur as part of the value_if_true or the value_if_false portions of the formula. For example if an IF Formula reads: IF(A1="1",1,0)) -- the A1="1" portion is the logical_test, and 1 is entered as the value_if_true and 0 is entered as the value_if_false is there any way to make the value_if_true cause more than one result, i.e. B1=1 and C1=1. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. Hi Ed, No. A formula can only return a value, ...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

PDF file #2

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...