Pivot Table Groupings Fail if 1of the items isn't in the next data

I am Grouping items together in a Pivot Table and everything works fine until
I use the next months data.  For example, I have different types of earning
codes and I am grouping as follows.

Codes
1, 3 & 5     =  Group A
2, 4           =  Group B
6               =  Group C

If in the next pay period, I do not have any Code 4 Earnings, Group B looses
the Group B name, and becomes '2'.  It changes every pay period and I rarely
have all codes in the same pay period.

Hi Jerry

Double click on the field Code, and select Show Items with no data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Jerry G wrote:
> I am Grouping items together in a Pivot Table and everything works fine until
> I use the next months data.  For example, I have different types of earning
> codes and I am grouping as follows.
>
> Codes
> 1, 3 & 5     =  Group A
> 2, 4           =  Group B
> 6               =  Group C
>
> If in the next pay period, I do not have any Code 4 Earnings, Group B looses
> the Group B name, and becomes '2'.  It changes every pay period and I rarely
> have all codes in the same pay period.
0
Roger

Pivot Tables #4

MRP Regeneration (Items)
Hi, I receive this error in MRP Regeneration (Items) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKMP010330'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MP010330'. When restarting a full regeneration after that error, it' ok. ...

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

the text of item during Drag'n'Drop of item of CTreeCtrl
Hi! MSDN sample cmnctrl1 works. But my code can't show the item text of CTreeCtrl during Drag'n'Drop :(. What did I forget to set? Thanks. ...

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

the item has not been retrivered from the server
can't open mail No details provided for anyone to even guess what's going on. Please respond and include the following information: Version of Outlook Type of mail account O/S, including SP The exact and complete error message, including any error numbers. When the error occurs. When did Outlook last work? Are you viewing the send/receive progress? If so, click on the errors tab and copy the error message here. -- Kathleen Orland "can't open mail" <can't open mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCD32D0-CC1D-476A-A904-...

Help with pivot table

moving data dynamically based on empty cell
I have a data sheet that looks like this... col a col b abc 10 20 45 efg 5 18 10 I need it to look like this... col a col b abc 10 abc 20 abc 45 efg 5 efg 18 efg 10 since there is no consistency to the number of rows in col b with data, i have to come up with a formula that is dynamic The file has 20,000 rows so doing it manually is not the way to go. Thanks Give this macro a try... Sub FillInTheBlanks() Dim Area As Range, LastRow As Long Const ColLetter As String = "A&...

Group box, option button and cell reference
I need option buttons across six rows. I need the user to only have one option PER row. Help feature says to place option buttons into a Group Box but I can't figure out how to do that. It also says to have cell reference???? Any suggestions? If you use the option buttons from the Forms toolbar rather than the Controls toolbar, you can place them inside a group box (also from the forms toolbar). Right-click the option button and choose Format control. In the control tab, enter a cell reference to contain the value of the option button(which will be 1-6 for 6 buttons within the ...

Hiding a menu item
Hi, I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if all the options below it are disabled. File Option1 Option2 Option3 If I disable all the three options in my code then I want File to disappear. Has anyone tried to do something like this before. Thanks, Siddharth You can dynamically add and remove items from the menus: <skasat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141344812.002321.127610@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if > all the options below it are disabled. &g...

Using formulas for pivot table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Data validation and empty cells
range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,operator:=xlBetween How to avoid empty entries in drop down box if some of cell from A1:A7 are empty? Thanks Sort A1:A7 so that the empties are at the bottom and use =OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNT($A$1:$A$7),1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <witek7205@spam.gazeta.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:do75sd$8a4$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= > "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,oper...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

non-taxable item
Hi, this is the scenario, I would like to know if there is a way to show non-taxable sales figure in the z-report. I would like to see the breakdown for the sales figure as follows Vat Sales Tax Amount Non taxable Amount Any help will be appreciated. -- Kay Yes, you could email me your z-report template, and i will do that for you. Please visit our website: www.tadsystem.com. "Kay" wrote: > Hi, this is the scenario, I would like to know if there is a way to show > non-taxable sales figure in the z-report. > > I would like to see the breakdown for the sales figu...

Help on Custom Data Validation
Dear NG, What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! Regards, Jon-jon Hi Try =A1="" as your formula in Data Validation for A2 Hope this helps. -- Andy. "JON JON" <conrado_capistranoREMOVE@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$85VgfJEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear NG, > > What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is > empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! > > Regards, > > Jon-jon > > Hi Jon I woul...