pivot table group by date question

I love the group by date function...I rely on it! but i often find it is
greyed-out and not avialable to use for a variable, despite it being date
data. Any tips on ensuring how to get this work?.
I understand it might be a problem with files that started life at 2003
files, even if saved as 2007 files?  cheers   Theo

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Date functions
Hi world!This is a two part question. Part One. I am trying to use a start date (say..8/9/05) that then is used to calculate monthly vacation (eg. on 9/8/05 staff have gained 12 hrs vacation) and so every month the amount will increase by that 12hrs so by the end of their start year the total will be in theory 144. But I also of course want to be able to remove hrs when the staff member takes vacation (an obvious manual requirement). Part two, staff have a productivity requirement of 100 hours a month of billable service to clients, so every week they pretty much have to do 25 hrs, but ...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Count blanks by date
I have a table that has meter# , date, and usage in colums A, B and C. I use a formula =sumif($B$11:$B1000,"="[date],$C$11:$C1000) to total up the amount of usage for each day. But what I want to do is count the number of blanks in column C for each date. So "if $B$11:$B1000,"="[date] then countblank($C$11:$C1000)" is kind of what I'm shooting for but I can't wrap my brain around how to do it. I would like to report that on 4/1 we had 1,912 usage and 4 meters did not report (were blank). Thanks! Try =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$11:$B1000=[date]),-...

join multiple pivot tables?

A stupid Question?
I am a beginner of mfc. Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others thx a lot^^ Open both the projects together in the workspace. Now drag the resources between projects as needed. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "adams" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:bogk5k$fkm$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... | I am a beginner of mfc. | Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others | thx a lot^^ | | i can't drag the resources between two opened project can you expand in detail thank a lot "Ajay K...

Reporting Services Returning Offset Dates
I'm finding that every date being returned by Reporting Services (in VS 2003) from a date field (i.e. Opportunity.CreatedOn) is exactly 8 hours beyond those being returned by reports ran from the CRM interface and from Crystal Reports. I'm using MS SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services against MS CRM1.2 (same user account). The regional setting on all machines (server and development), including the VS 2003 international setting, are set to English(United States) and the system dates/times are all correct within the same time zone. Can anybody explain this? Thanks in advance. GMT RJ...

Help with pivot table

Group box, option button and cell reference
I need option buttons across six rows. I need the user to only have one option PER row. Help feature says to place option buttons into a Group Box but I can't figure out how to do that. It also says to have cell reference???? Any suggestions? If you use the option buttons from the Forms toolbar rather than the Controls toolbar, you can place them inside a group box (also from the forms toolbar). Right-click the option button and choose Format control. In the control tab, enter a cell reference to contain the value of the option button(which will be 1-6 for 6 buttons within the ...

SOP
Hello - We are in the healthcare industry and tax rules seem to be quite complex. Tax calculations on order lines are based on Customer / Item combination - which GP handles very well. ie. A customer may not be tax exempt but certain items are zero rated for tax purposes, therefore the customer does not pay taxes on those items. We have to apply the same rules to the taxes we charge on frieght, but have not found a way. ie. If a customer is buying only non-taxed items, they should not be taxed on the freight, even if they are not tax exempt. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ...

Wierd Forward question in Outlook 2000
I had a user complaint today that really got me thinking. Here's the situation: User A sends an email to User B B forwards email only to User C B receives an email back from A regarding forward to C before C reads the message. I make two assumptions here, based on what I know about users B and C: 1) User C did not have a rule set up to forward email to A (No way he would do this) 2) User B did indeed only forward, and not reply plus add C to the email So, how does User A see the forward sent to C? A is a member of the administrators group, but does not have the administrator user pas...

Using formulas for pivot table

cleared date on check inquiry
Why doesn't the system show a date cleared on any inquiry window in GP? It would be very helpful to lookup a payables check and be able to see if the check has cleared the bank and in what month - or even if it has been marked as cleared. It shows a void date if voided, but we have to search through bank rec and the bank's online system. This is very time consuming. I know the information is in two tables PM and CM, however, so is the void information and it writes back and forth, so it would seem feasible that the cleared status could also write to both tables. -------------...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Question regarding scrolling
I have a rather large Excel document (45,000 lines) that I must manually review, and in specific cases refer to other lines in the general vicinity that occur either above or below it. What I am trying to discover is if there is a way to have the row I am actively in always remain "centered" instead of the default method in which, as you scroll down and hit the bottom line visible on your monitor from that point on as one line is added at the bottom as on is taken from the top. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can accomplish this? Please help! Thanks! (This was copie...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

line column Pivot Charts