Pivot Table From Different Sources #3

Hi All,

I am trying to build a new pivot table from two sources, one of them is an
existing pivot table which has an external link to Oracle db, the other
source is a normal spreadsheet, unfortunately, it's not working.
Any one has an idea? appreciate your help.

--
Excel Power User
0

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Data Validation List from different sheet
In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads its data from a different sheet? thanks M As responsed in .misc: Use a defined range as the source for the DV. Then you can. p/s: Pl refrain from multi-posting -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65 xdemechanik --- "Michelle" <mh_london@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64efb54d-21fb-49c2-a9cd-ebad7e1fd7df@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > > In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads > its data from a different...

Pivot Tables

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Different Error Bars for Each Point
How do I make separate/different y-error bar for each data point in Excel 2003. As far as I can tell it isn't possible, but it would be a life saver if someone could help me out. For example... point A needs a +- of 2.7, but point B needs a +- of 3.2. And so on... Scroll about halfway down, to the section called Custom Error Bar Values: Error Bars in Excel Charts - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html or if you're stuck with Excel 2007: Error Bars in Excel 2007 - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Te...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Lookup help #3
Ifyou have a classification of data of ABC and it appears in a list times with different information when I want to do a vlookup to pul all the relevant data for ABC into a new sheet, then the lookup wil just pull back the data for the first one found continuously and no move onto the second and third listing of ABC. So how do you get th lookup to move on through the sheet to pull back all of the relevan data? i.e. ABC 12 12 12 ABC 13 12 13 ABC 14 12 14 The present vlookup will just bring back ABC 12 12 12 And not move onto the other returns for this classification. T...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Excel Passwords #3
Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old employees spreadsheet that is password protected if I don't know the password (its on a MAC). Cheers, Dave Lookup 'Forget Excel Password in Google, you should find some clues there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f90601c3f217$f9c85050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old > employees spreadsheet...

Outlook Stationery #3
I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx What version of Outlook are you using? I think that each email account can have its own default signature. Have you checked out the Signatures dialog? "Rock" <rogerhancock@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:#$oBDnpHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is > there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx Stationery, no. Depen...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

time and date difference
I have a cell format of dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm that I have applied to "call open date and time" and a "call closed data and time" columns. I'd like to have a further column that calculates the difference in days and hours, or just hours, between these two date/time values. I can't seem to find a way to do it tho. I have tried DATEDIF but it doesn't give me the results I want (formula =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d")) and I have seen examples of calculating the difference between time values but again, not what I want exactly. Is there a way to do this or do I have t...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...