pivot table error (25000 rows!!)

I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have
5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but
one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows
in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table...

Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits
to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files,
therefore this message is so strange.

Who has an idea?

--
Craig_Richards
Craig_Richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21936

Craig

You can check this out in Help under Excel Limits, you can then see a subset
under pivot tables.  in XL2003 the limit is 32000 unique items, but I think
this was increased from some earlier versions, which is why it may not
happen in some installations

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Craig_Richards"
<Craig_Richards.1yg13a_1131898800.9783@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Craig_Richards.1yg13a_1131898800.9783@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have
> 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but
> one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows
> in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table...
>
> Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits
> to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files,
> therefore this message is so strange.
>
> Who has an idea?
>

> --
> Craig_Richards
> Craig_Richards's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21936
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484678

Custom entity errors
When I try to create a new entity I get the following message upon saving.. An error has occured please contact your system administrator. Everything else seems to be working. -- dld3 Most likely a rights issue. DO you have proper rights to make changes to the MS SQL database? -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C80729A4-DA6A-46A0-A781-EB3A6C888ABC@microsoft.com... > When I try to create a new entity I get the foll...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

error with sending mails .

sql 2000 error handling
hi, I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the error message. Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? SQL2000 sp4a thanks, Mecn (mecn@yahoo.com) writes: > I have a sql SP that process text file into a sql table. > > I need to have error hjandling for the SP. .net interface can get the > error message. > Raiserror() ---how do i get error message? Where do you want to retrieve the error message? Your question is somewhat terse. Maybe you could elaborate a bit? ...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Converting Leads to Contacts Duplicate errors
We cannot convert leads to contacts and are getting duplicate errors. There are no duplicates. We are running 4.0 rollup 11. And we get this error everytime we try on CRM server: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 8/3/2010 Time: 2:35:01 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-APP Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/3/2010 2:35:01 PM Event time (UTC): 8/3/2010 7:35:01 PM Event ID: 19b210ef795f42129b2af3d7b447c2bc Event sequence: 157 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applic...

IFrame Error-
Here is my issue- In leads I have an iframe displaying related closed activities to that lead. The iframe loads but i can not click on any of the icons or the activities to bring them up. If I F5 (refresh) page it will allow me to click on the buttons and related activities. I think it could be one of 2 things: Internet security in IE (I have my CRM site as a trusted site) or a coding issue. Code is below. Thanks in advance for any help CODE: var navActivityHistory; navActivityHistory = document.all.navActivityHistory; if (navActivityHistory != null) { document.all.IFRAME_Histor...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

RunTime Error
Getting an run-time error 1004 on this simple statement Sheets("AllSheet").Select Range("A28:A29").Select Can't figure out why. What does the error message say? Does your file have a sheet named "AllSheet"? Look at the spelling carefully. Does the sheet name in the sheet tab have a space before or after the name? If you're not sure, rename the sheet the same name, being careful to not add a space before or after the name. HTH Otto "HeartSA" <haertSA@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23YFsc5D0FHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.p...

Workflow Errors #2
We have some workflows we setup for a customer on some new custom entities but they continue to get hungup in a waiting state. In looking the error codes on the System Jobs - it shows -2,147,220,969 as the Error Code with a Workflow paused due to error: Unhandled Exception: System.web.services.protocols.soapexception: Anybody have any thoughts on to resolve this - we also can't delete them. Old School On Jun 25, 5:31=A0pm, Old School <OldSch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have some workflows we setup for a customer on some new custom entitie= s > but they co...

Error message c:\windows\system32\actext.dll
I get the following in opening Outlook 2002 ..can anyone help?? ...

Error while installing workflow for GP 10
Hi while installing workflow for GP10 getting InstallSystemSecurityMetadata.exe error. We have installed MOSS and Web Service on a single server and even trying to install workflow on same server Hello, This error is occured if you installed these applications other than a domain user. You ensure that this machine is a part of a domain controller and use a domain account to install all these. Thanks "Sandeep" wrote: > Hi > while installing workflow for GP10 getting InstallSystemSecurityMetadata.exe > error. We have installed MOSS and Web Service on a single server ...

Error Sending Email
ON Windows 2003 Server I have also installed Email Router on our Exchange Server, But now i get this error, everyone has this error about sending email, �s there any solution for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 18.11.2003 Time: 17:15:23 User: N/A Computer: DBCRM Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispat...

win 32 error
i am trying to open files from a disk that i had on my old computer it ran xl 97 and my new computer has xp on it everytime i try to open the file it says that it isnt win 32 compatable i need some help ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

ODBC Errors after XP Conversion
I am attempting to convert An Access97 application to XP that uses one .mdb for forms, queries, etc., another for database, plus accesses tables on an AS/400 via ODBC. After running the conversion, I am able to access the .mdb data, but not the AS/400 data (neither in application or in development mode). I get 'ODBC - connection to AS400- DSN failed. (Error 3151)' I've tried several times to recreate new DSN with various parms, but can't get around this. Any help? Thanks, Ted ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Error Message #18
I just converted my Internet connection to ASDL. The response in Money Updates to my first Update Now query was: "Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file (smrtinet.ini)." Any thoughts? Gary In microsoft.public.money, Wildlight wrote: >I just converted my Internet connection to ASDL. The response in Money >Updates to my first Update Now query was: > >"Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file (smrtinet.ini)." There is little downside other than seeing the message. If you download Money Updates again right away, the error...