Pivot Table Custom Calculations #3

I have a pivot table with the "columns" set up as Budget - Actual - Variance
for each month of the year.  The rows are the expenses account, such as
supplies, maintenance, etc.

I want to be able to add the total of the "Actual" spent through September
plus the "Budget" for October through December, basically to get a projected
total by expense for the year.

How can I do this?  Thanks for your help!
0
CassieM (1)

You could add a column to the source data, and calculate which amount
should be used. Then add that field to the pivot table. For example,
with dates in column A, Budget in C, and Actual in D:

   =IF(A2>=TODAY(),C2,D2)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Custom entity errors
When I try to create a new entity I get the following message upon saving.. An error has occured please contact your system administrator. Everything else seems to be working. -- dld3 Most likely a rights issue. DO you have proper rights to make changes to the MS SQL database? -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C80729A4-DA6A-46A0-A781-EB3A6C888ABC@microsoft.com... > When I try to create a new entity I get the foll...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Custom page sizes in Excel
In Lotus, I could specify a custom page size (i.e. 4.25 X 3.5). Is there ANY way to do this in Excel? It was great for making small laminated cards for contact info etc. ...

Pivot Tables

Create custom outline numbering in Word (like names of months).
To create an agenda of activities by month, I have to turn off the bulleting to type in the names of the months and then turn it on again to list the activities. I would like to be able to create a custom list that Word could pull from when I select my numbering style (so it would appear with "1, 2, 3" and "I, II, III" and the rest). I would then be able to create custom lists for the months of the year, or department names within our division, or employee names within a department, to make agendas that much easier to create. ---------------- This post...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Money 2000 customer list to Office Outlook
We would like to take our customer list from the Money 2000 program and export all information to Office Outlook 2003. Please inform us on how to do this. Thank you. Hunter ask in the forum...microsoft.public.money "bob" <hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44cf01c42b8e$51929d90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We would like to take our customer list from the Money > 2000 program and export all information to Office Outlook > 2003. Please inform us on how to do this. Thank you. > Hunter ...

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS)
=SQRT(AVERAGE(A1:A5^2)) array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) where A1:a5 is the range where the number range exists "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" <aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AECE52A-2666-43FB-9717-3D98B2747894@microsoft.com... > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, You need to know the values you're wanting the RMS of. If this is electronics, where RMS is virtually completely misunderstood, you need to say what the waveform is (sine, square, program material, or what), and what you know about...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

no response from Microsoft customer support
I am concerned because I have not received a response from my inquiry. I had even reported it through the microsoft product support section, for which a number was displayed as confirmation, but no email response has been received. Thanks so much... Until this incident I have been VERY PLEASED with Microsoft support. Now I am suspecting a virus or something intercepting my requests because I can't imagine that Microsoft would not respond to my concerns... Unless I get some kind of response the only thing I can do is speculate 1. That Microsoft policies have changed re...

Lookup help #3
Ifyou have a classification of data of ABC and it appears in a list times with different information when I want to do a vlookup to pul all the relevant data for ABC into a new sheet, then the lookup wil just pull back the data for the first one found continuously and no move onto the second and third listing of ABC. So how do you get th lookup to move on through the sheet to pull back all of the relevan data? i.e. ABC 12 12 12 ABC 13 12 13 ABC 14 12 14 The present vlookup will just bring back ABC 12 12 12 And not move onto the other returns for this classification. T...

Custom Calculation Problem
I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as: "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous). The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well as the difference between consecutive items. The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the difference for some it doesn...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Excel Passwords #3
Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old employees spreadsheet that is password protected if I don't know the password (its on a MAC). Cheers, Dave Lookup 'Forget Excel Password in Google, you should find some clues there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f90601c3f217$f9c85050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old > employees spreadsheet...

Outlook Stationery #3
I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx What version of Outlook are you using? I think that each email account can have its own default signature. Have you checked out the Signatures dialog? "Rock" <rogerhancock@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:#$oBDnpHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is > there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx Stationery, no. Depen...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Help on Custom Data Validation
Dear NG, What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! Regards, Jon-jon Hi Try =A1="" as your formula in Data Validation for A2 Hope this helps. -- Andy. "JON JON" <conrado_capistranoREMOVE@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$85VgfJEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear NG, > > What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is > empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! > > Regards, > > Jon-jon > > Hi Jon I woul...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...