Pivot Table Calculated Item #2

The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop
down menu.  I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate.  What am I
doing wrong?

If your pivot table is based on OLAP source data, you can't create
formulas. Could that be the problem?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Table Counting

downloads #2
I am having the same problem---did you ever find resolution? does anyone know how to get around it? ----- Kay Cordova wrote: ----- I have tried to download from my financial institution my account information. When I set the file to download to a .qif file it insists on loading the download to MS Money instead of putting it in a file where I can import it into Quicken. I have looked at all of the Options to find where to change that and cannot find anything that will help/ Did you see the "money vs. quicken"...

MRP Regeneration (Items)
Hi, I receive this error in MRP Regeneration (Items) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKMP010330'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MP010330'. When restarting a full regeneration after that error, it' ok. ...

Pivot Tables #4

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

Pivot Tables

the text of item during Drag'n'Drop of item of CTreeCtrl
Hi! MSDN sample cmnctrl1 works. But my code can't show the item text of CTreeCtrl during Drag'n'Drop :(. What did I forget to set? Thanks. ...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS)
=SQRT(AVERAGE(A1:A5^2)) array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) where A1:a5 is the range where the number range exists "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" <aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AECE52A-2666-43FB-9717-3D98B2747894@microsoft.com... > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, You need to know the values you're wanting the RMS of. If this is electronics, where RMS is virtually completely misunderstood, you need to say what the waveform is (sine, square, program material, or what), and what you know about...

Money 2002 to 2004 #2
I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is there any way to transfer all of my account information from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer (Money 2004)? Thanks in advance. Read http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q68 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q109. "Vance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02f701c3b53c$39d98dd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is > there any way to transfer all of my account information > from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer > ...

join multiple pivot tables?

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Help with pivot table

the item has not been retrivered from the server
can't open mail No details provided for anyone to even guess what's going on. Please respond and include the following information: Version of Outlook Type of mail account O/S, including SP The exact and complete error message, including any error numbers. When the error occurs. When did Outlook last work? Are you viewing the send/receive progress? If so, click on the errors tab and copy the error message here. -- Kathleen Orland "can't open mail" <can't open mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCD32D0-CC1D-476A-A904-...

Sum column using 2 other columns as criteria
My table has 3 columns: A, B, and C. C has all numeric values. I want to SUM values in C for all rows where value in A equals "a" and value in B equals "b". Can anyone tell me a formula construct for this? Thanks! =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A14="a")*(B1:B14="b")*(C1:C14)) Adjust the range as required Regards Trevor "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:OAg8KWkfHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My table has 3 columns: A, B, and C. C has all numeric values. > > I want to SUM values in C for all rows where value in A equ...

Changing the calculation order
Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to start fro the lower right? Excel automatically adjusts its final calculation order depending on the dependency chain in such a way as to get the correct result regardless of formula sequence. Why would you want to change this? Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.1 now available www.DecisionModels.com "A Process Modeler" <A Process Modeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D17FF7C-D763-4FAB-980C-463DB8A75FCA@microsoft.com... > Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to ...

Automatically assigning items to new vendors
Working with a client who has a fixed set of services that they purchase from doctors. Each doctor is set up as a vendor in GP (v10, sp3) and all service items need to be associated with each doctor for use on POs. Additionally when new doctors are added thay also need to have all service items assigned. Has anyone tried doing this? I was thinking about a trigger based on new vendor inserts. Any guidance would be appreciated. Correct, You will need a trigger for the new vendors and you will need to run an INSERT statement for the existing ones that are not yet associated. Best r...

csv #2
I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also can you tel me some more features of csv. File|Save As and change the "Save as type" to CSV Jerry Ashish wrote: > I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also > can you tel me some more features of csv. Ashish, See www.smokeylake.com/excel/textfiles.htm. Read "Delimited text file." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ashish" <Ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

Custom Calculation Problem
I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as: "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous). The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well as the difference between consecutive items. The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the difference for some it doesn...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hiding a menu item
Hi, I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if all the options below it are disabled. File Option1 Option2 Option3 If I disable all the three options in my code then I want File to disappear. Has anyone tried to do something like this before. Thanks, Siddharth You can dynamically add and remove items from the menus: <skasat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141344812.002321.127610@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am working in MDI/ MFC application. I want to hide a menu item if > all the options below it are disabled. &g...