Pivot Table Calculated field #3

I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total.  I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by
dividing the Yes's by the Grand total.  Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source?   I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann

0
anonymous (74717)

To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function
in a formula outside the pivot table. For example:

   =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

What is the logic having ItemID mandatory in Field Service Equipem
Why MS done this. I wanted to implement field service with GP in automotive industry, and mapping the equipment as customer vehicle but the probelm is that everytime I create vehicle record I have to also create the item. Thing If I have 100000 vehicles (equipemnts) then same items I have to create. Secondly what will be type of item, can be just have only Vehicle (Equipment) and not having item. Microsoft what is the logic behind this and none of the document state why it is like that. ...

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS)
=SQRT(AVERAGE(A1:A5^2)) array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) where A1:a5 is the range where the number range exists "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" <aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AECE52A-2666-43FB-9717-3D98B2747894@microsoft.com... > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, You need to know the values you're wanting the RMS of. If this is electronics, where RMS is virtually completely misunderstood, you need to say what the waveform is (sine, square, program material, or what), and what you know about...

join multiple pivot tables?

Changing the calculation order
Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to start fro the lower right? Excel automatically adjusts its final calculation order depending on the dependency chain in such a way as to get the correct result regardless of formula sequence. Why would you want to change this? Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.1 now available www.DecisionModels.com "A Process Modeler" <A Process Modeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D17FF7C-D763-4FAB-980C-463DB8A75FCA@microsoft.com... > Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to ...

Help with pivot table

Lookup help #3
Ifyou have a classification of data of ABC and it appears in a list times with different information when I want to do a vlookup to pul all the relevant data for ABC into a new sheet, then the lookup wil just pull back the data for the first one found continuously and no move onto the second and third listing of ABC. So how do you get th lookup to move on through the sheet to pull back all of the relevan data? i.e. ABC 12 12 12 ABC 13 12 13 ABC 14 12 14 The present vlookup will just bring back ABC 12 12 12 And not move onto the other returns for this classification. T...

Custom Calculation Problem
I have a 4 column table (Column A,B,C and D)as my source data. D contains numbers. I do a pivot table report. I layout A,B and C (in this order with subtotals off) as row fields and D as datafield as sum. I reenter D into the data area and do a custom calculation by specifying Show data as: "Difference From", with Base field = B and Base item = (previous). The result i wanted would have a sum of all B items with common A's as well as the difference between consecutive items. The custom calculation behaves inconsistently: for some items, it shows the difference for some it doesn...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Tax update #3
Hello all, do we have to go around and install the tax updates on all workstations or just the server under SA. I went to one workstation and said it was already applied. We are using GP 10 SP 4 TIA Tax updates are divided into two portions: tax table updates and actual code to handle any particular processing. If the tax update you are trying to apply also includes code updates, you should apply it on all workstations. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogst...

calculated fields on form and workflow
Hi all We've got the following problem. We use js to calculate fields on the opportunity form. (just summate some numbers) Now, we want to adjust the probability due to the state of the tasks you have to complete within a opportunity with the help of a workflow. The problem now is, that the calculated fields are not want to update with the new given probability! (javascript runs only with update/open/save the form or change field) What would be the best practise to realise something like that? Or is it simple possible to run js within a workflow to re-calculate it with the new pr...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Excel Passwords #3
Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old employees spreadsheet that is password protected if I don't know the password (its on a MAC). Cheers, Dave Lookup 'Forget Excel Password in Google, you should find some clues there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f90601c3f217$f9c85050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old > employees spreadsheet...

Outlook Stationery #3
I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx What version of Outlook are you using? I think that each email account can have its own default signature. Have you checked out the Signatures dialog? "Rock" <rogerhancock@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:#$oBDnpHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is > there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx Stationery, no. Depen...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...