Pivot Table Axis format

Hi.

I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot
chart.  The X-axis is a date.  In the raw data, the date
is formated as month/day.  This is the way I want it on
the chart.  However, the X-axis formats with
month/day/year.  How can I force this to display correctly?

Thanks,
Mike.
0
anonymous (74717)

Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your
dates to show)?

If yes, then rightclick on it.
Select the top option:  "Format pivotchart field"
then click on the Number button on the next dialog.

There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from.

Maybe one will be ok.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Margins format
hi, i have a document in 2007 where users pasted different pieces including Excel tables. How do i bring them all to a single margin format as some pages are wider than the others? i tried the format brush tool but it did not work Thank you , -- ______ Regards, Greg In Page Setup, you can set the margins for "Whole document," which will take care of the margins even if the document contains more than one section. It will not, however, affect the width of existing tables. What you'll need to do for those is to set the table width (Table tab of Table Prop...

Change Y-Axis Run length?
I have a data table that uses data by week. That data has 52 weeks. I build a linechart and end up with a Y axis running from 1 to 52. Great. I replace that Data table via Cut and Paste with a data table that only goes from 1 to 26. The data in my chart changes to reflect that, (good,) but the Y-Axis still goes from 1 to 52, instead of 1 to 26. This wastes half of the space in my graph. I am going to eventually automate this with data From Access. How can I reset that Y-Axis to reflect the data? Thanx Phil You should be able to click on the specific axis, then right click and fo...

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Y-axis help
i have the numbers on my chart set like this..... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 but i want to change it to this....... 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 how do i flip-flop the y-axis this way. (I need to do this for good reason!) Please help! Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, check the Values (or Categories if it's really the X axis, as in a horizontal bar chart) in reverse order checkbox. You may also need to check the Axis crosses at maximum checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Te...

Using formulas for pivot table

Conditional format problem
I have a column of data in an excel spreadsheet that uses the "workday" function to create a cell value that shows a date. when you manually input a date in one of the cells, all of the cells below auto adjust to the new dates based on the "workday" formula. what I want to do is when a date is manually input into one of the cells that has the workday formula in it, I want the cell to change color if the new date is before or after the date that was originally in this cell with the formula. when I try to input the conditional format, I am getting an error message that...

Phone number format in Outlook contacts
After re-instlling Outlook my phone numbers in my contacts changed format. It used to be 123-345-5678 now it is (123) 345-5678 How can I change it back? Dermot You can't. Masking of phone numbers is hard coded. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "singapore tom" <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote in message news:e5nXG6FyEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After re-instlling Outlook my phone numbers in my contacts changed format. > It used to be 123-345-5678 > now it is (123) 345-5678 > How can I change it back? > Dermot > "Russ Valentin...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Excell date formating
I am trying to type numbers with dashes and slashes, but excell always converts to date format, How do I stop this? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug, Precede with an apostrophe (single quote, '). It will cause Excel to treat the enry as text and not show the apostrophe. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Alida de Jongstraat 7 2401 KS Alphen aan den Rijn Netherlands tel. +31-172-416 880 mobile: +31-6-518 62 541 e-mail: niek.otten@xs4all.nl "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:257501c47027$9412ec00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to type numbers with das...

how do I convert a publisher document to .jpeg format?
I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any ideas will be appreciated... Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9FB0F29-3D95-4E22-963B-F2004CA37AE7@microsoft.com... >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any > ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Formatting with MFC
I have an MFC application but I have left the formatting of the controls at the default setting. How do I do the following formatting operations: - Change font size and colour of static text controls - Change edit controls to be 'flat' - Change height/width of edit box - Change text size in edit control - Change background color on dialog box Thanks. >How do I do the following formatting operations: > >- Change font size and colour of static text controls >- Change text size in edit control Make use of WM_SETFONT & handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. >- Change edit c...