Pivot Table #5

Dear Reader,

I got a block of data in Excel - sheet 1 (26 columns by
806 rows). I try to create a pivot table on sheet 2 BUT
whenever I try to add more objects to the layout I receive
the following error: "MS Excel cannot make this change
because there are too many row or column items drag at
least one row or column item off the pivot table, or to
the page position..."

What can I do to display all the data?
Please help, this is rather urgent!
Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

From a post by Tom Ogilvy:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157486
XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97 (Q157486)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211517
XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 (Q211517)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291061
XL2002: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2002 (Q291061)

above should give you some insights on what the limits are and how you might
work within them.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

0
anonymous (74718)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Exchange 5.5 on W2K3 Server
All, Does Exchange 5.5 run properly on a new install of Windows 2003 Server? We are getting a new server and our agency cannot afford to buy all the CAL's for Exchange 2003, but we currently have Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4.0. Any thoughts or help, including web links, on migrating the data over from NT. Tim H. Network Admin No, Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 200 cannot run on Windows 2003 servers. They will run in a 2003 AD forest, but not on the servers themselves. 5.5 can run on a Windows 2000 member server, though. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This postin...

Event ID 8279 (x5) every 5 minutes and 8197 (x1) every 25 minutes.
Hi, I read and tried everything that "You Had Me At EHLO" wrote about the FBPublish and the 8197 error, and I still have this issue. (Also read Technet, KB and countless exchange blog). After enabling more logging parameters, the Event Viewer began to receive 5 EventID 8279 every 5 minutes. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8279 Description: 1. Error opening private store hr = 80040111 2. Unable to open default private store hr = 80040111 3. Error creating query sessions for VM hr = 80040111 4. Error opening private ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Removing Exchange 5.5
I am upgrading to Exchange 2003. I have already moved all the mailboxes and I need to remove the Exchange 5.5 servers. I have two site in one organization. So far my Exchange 5.5 servers were the bridgehead servers. Do I have to remove both Exchange servers at the same time or could I leave the first ever Exchange 5.5 server still running, since the Webmail has not been upgraded and it is still connecting to this server and also the information has not been sent out to the users, and make the Exchange 2003 of the other site the bridgehead, untill we are ready to migrate the Webmail....

Using formulas for pivot table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Problems with Spam-Relay Exch 5.5
Hello, if I look into Configuration -> Connections -> Internet Mail Service -> Queue There are often entries like this: Target Host: yahoo.ca Sender: <> How can someone use our Mailserver as Relay for spamming? We have routing restricions so that only autheticated Clients are allowed. If I check via telnet 25 the server there is a message "relaying is prohibited" displayed. What else can I do to make the server more secure? Regards, Claus-Stefan, MCSA "Claus-Stefan Duffner" <duffner.claus-stefan@koepfer.com> wrote in message news:OWlJX8NOEHA.3044@...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

Need "Database" .vss template files for Visio 5.0c
Hi, everyone: I need to find some .vss template files for Visio 5.0c. Specifically, the Database drawing templates. (and no, I cannot upgrade! It's technically not my computer, I'm borrowing someone else's while I'm housesitting) For some weird reason, there are no Database templates in the C:\Program Files\Visio\Solutions\Database folder. There are plenty of .vss templates in the other folders: Block Diagram, Electrical and Electronic, Facilities Management (etc) but none in Database. (grr!) I have tried just copying several in from a friend's Visio, but he has a ...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...

Auto filter and Pivot Table
Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot table? When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows. But when I go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total record count of 20000. Am I combining apples and oranges? If so, is there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table? -- RandyLewisKemp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...