pipe delimited format

how do i save a spreadsheet in pipe delimited format?

i am using excel 2002, thanks

Here's one way, works well if you only need to do it a couple of times!

Save as a csv.
change the extension of the csv to txt
open the file, select all and copy
paste it into word
use replace to replace "," with "|"
select all, copy and paste back into the text file

If you have to do it numerous times your best bet is a macro, post back if that's what you need

Dan E

"rick" <elewis9125@aol.com> wrote in message news:059901c356d0$b29f5a80$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> how do i save a spreadsheet in pipe delimited format?
>
> i am using excel 2002, thanks

Another option is to change your windows regional settings.

Windows Start button|settings|control Panel|Regional Settings applet
Number Tab|List separator|(change it to |)

Remember to change it back.  It's a windows setting and may affect other
programs.

(Gotta go change mine back.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

ZIP CODE FORMATTING
I HAVE A DATA BASE WITH THE ! ICON REFERENCE ON SOME OF MY ZIP CODE ENTRIES. IT SAYS THAT "THE NUMBER IN THIS CELL IS FORMATTED AS TEXT OR PRECEDED BY AN APOSTROPHE." HOW DO I FORMAT THE ZIP CODES SO THAT THEY ARE ALL THE SAME?SOME ENTRIES DO NOT HAVE THIS DISCLAIMER. THANKS, VICTOR Sometimes, simply opening and closing TTC will work. Try this: Select the Column with the data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> <Finish> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =======...

Report formating
I am interested in combining pages from different applications, i.e. Word, Excel, etc. and combining them into a single document to prepare a report. Does anyone know of an application that would combine pages from various sources and then number them for a report? Microsoft "improved" the Office suite a while back by removing "Binder", however... PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Hrider" <hrider@yahoo.c...

Date auto format
When I type"1-2000"in a cell, it automatically changes to show "Jan-00". It is not a date that I am entering so I want it show as "1-2000". I change the cell format to "general", then as soon as I enter the text, the format changes to "date". How can I get the cell to not automatically revert to the date format? Either pre-format the cell as Text (for that's what it is), or prefix the entry with an apostrophe: '1-2000 In article <0b6d01c3cef5$91a2f0b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Jeff" <jbender@cbedmonton.co...

Automatic formatting problem #2
Hi all! I've run into a problem in Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 with automatic formatting in a message view. In both cases, I have specific rules set up to format particular messsages with a color. However, the automatic formatting does not always work. Sometimes the messages are properly formatted, other times they are not. And it appears that the formatting condition must occur within the first few lines of a message. My rules are set to format based on certain text strings, and if the text appears very early in the message, the rule works. However, if the text appears later, the ru...

Report Format

how to format excel format to text format with separator "|" in s.
Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <E7023106-3D03-4427-ACDE-C846447FBA3E@microsoft.com>, "azlan" <azlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Format Date #2
Is there any way that when I enter a Date in say Cell A1, Cell A2 would be able to reflect the Day? Hi try =A1 and format with the custom format DDDD or use the formula =TEXT(A1,"dddd") "Alicia" wrote: > Is there any way that when I enter a Date in say Cell A1, Cell A2 would be > able to reflect the Day? > > Thanks, But currently i even have problem format date to watever format i want, like dd-mmm-yy or dd/mm/yy... i know it is possible, there must be something in my excel that is wrong. Any clue on wat might be wrong. Even when i present calcul...

not able to view emails in html format with Outlook 2000
I am having a problem with Outlook 2000. When I open an html email it doesn't show the email unless I click reply or forward and then I can see it. Is there a way to fix this by downloading a solution? I seem to only have the Microsoft Office disk 2not disk 1. What service packs do you have loaded in Office 2000? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Patty Rose <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am having a problem with Outlook 2000. When I open an...

Number Formats
I use excel at work to calculate varying lengths of reinforcing, and I was wanting to format cells to reconize that for example 21.354 = 21'-4 1/4" but I am having a difficult time getting it to work correctly. Can you please provide me any assistance you can with this problem, before I pull my hair out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide... Tim, with 2.354 in A2, put the following formula in A3 - =INT(A2)&"' "&TEXT((A2-INT(A2))*12,"# ?/?")&"""" regards, JohnI "Tim Bentley" <timothybentley@zande.c...

Formatting text box
I have 3 text boxes on a form and a label that show the sum of the 3. How do I format the text boxes and label so it shows currency. If user enters 123 I want it to display as $ 123.00 in the text box and in the label. Thanks for your help Is this an Excel question or an ACCESS question? If Access, select the text boxes in the form's Design View and choose Currency from the Format page of the Properties window. If not Access, please explain what you mean by "text boxes" & "labels" |:>) "Doug Loewen" wrote: > I have 3 text boxes on a form ...

Conditional Formatting #33
I have a conditional format in one cell that is correct and want to apply it to all cells in that column.I thought I should be able to copy the formula then select the entire column and goto conditional fromatting and paste the formula. The formula references cells tht are noted as (for example) "B1" not "$B$1" so the cell reference should change for each cell. Did I do something wrong? Because it is not working as expected (wrong cell references in the formula). Thanks! -- StompS Portland, OR http://www.geocities.com/pdxinvestr/Stomps.html Not too clear on what...

Named Pipes vs TCP/IP in Citrix Environment
We have about 20 users that connect remotely to our Great Plains using Remote Desktop and Citrix server. When they log in to Great Plains, the login screen, of course, asks them for the server name... the server name they use is an ODBC that we have set up actually on the Citrix server, and it is defined to use TCP/IP. However, when we go into Enterprise Manager on the SQL Server, and view Process Info, every one of these remote connections says it is connected via Named Pipes instead of TCP/IP (like our local users are). Named Pipes IS one of the options available on the server-side in SQL...

how to merge a date file into an excel format
You need to be more specific. Write what you want to do in the Message area, and include the version of Excel you are using. Where is the date file coming from? What format is it? Is it in table format? Carole O "massachusetts" wrote: > ...

importing delimited data into single column
Is there a way in Excel 2007 to import spacedelimited data into a single column? The format of the input file is: word1 word2 word3 word 4 word5 word6 word7 word8 .. . . When I do a text import, it goes into multiple columns. Thanks in advance Make sure the name of the file has an extension of .txt. Then use Ctrl-0 (equivalent of file|open) to open the text file. You'll be prompted with a wizard that will allow you to import the text file anyway you want. On 10/30/2010 16:39, inspired wrote: > Is there a way in Excel 2007 to import spacedelimited data into a > single ...

Customer Mailing List
Whats the best way to output the customer mailing list so that it doesn't require the entire content to be reformatted before printing out mailing labels? If exporting to a word .doc it lumps everything up in one column. Is there a better way w/out having to virtually reformat/retype all of the customers? Thanx in advance! Rich Export as a CSV, then use Mail Merge to load the fields. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems You can use word mail merge to directly link to the database. No need to run a csv file. mt "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in mess...

Conditional Format #3
I'm sure this must be simple but I can't quite fathom it out. I want a conditional format that puts a colour in a cell if the cell is empty. Any ideas would be great Thanks Shona Shona, In the Conditional Formatting dialog, choose the 'equal to' option and enter ="" , the choose your format options. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Shona" <Shona.Smith@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:biva1h$4q3$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm sure this must be simple but I can't quite ...

Cheque format
Hi, I use GP 9 and I have just changed the cheque date to comply with the Canadian Payments Association format of YYY MM DD using the information from the Microsoft knowledgebase. The font type and size in the body of the cheque has changed and I am now getting dingbats (**) before Dollar and cents and more dingbats (**) where the total amount of the cheque used to be in numerical form. This is what I would like to fix: 1) Font back to Arial size 9 or 10 2) no dingbats on cheque 3) date in correct format Thanks. -- Janice Hi Janice, I have a document that explains how to do this m...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Formating 2005345 to only 34!
Hello I got this date 2005345 which means year 2005, week 34, day 5 I want excel to format these values 2005345 and only show W34 How is this possible? /Anders -- a94andwi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ a94andwi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21077 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401138 With data in A1 try ="W"&MID(A1,5,2) -- Regards Roger Govier "a94andwi" <a94andwi.1uoqyc_1125587105.3224@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message...

Importing Tab Delimited Text File to an Existing Table in Access
Office 2007, just upgraded from 2000 ( OMGOODNESS!! What a flippin' NIGHTMARE!!) I am simply trying to import a tab delimited text file into an existing table in Access. In Office 2000, I was given an opportunity to change the data type of columns to be imported during the import process itself. In 2007, I am not given an option and end up with import errors for every single row of data (over 1.5 million rows) because it reads a text field of numbers as a number datatype. I can find no documentation on how to solve my problem as Microsoft only provides information for...

Converting PST from (97-2002) format to (2003) format?
Hi Gurus, Is there any way to convert existing PST files from (97- 2002) format to (2003) format? One way would be to create a PST file in 2003 format and copy all items from old PST file into new one and then start using new PST file.... .....But was wondering if there is any easy way? Not copy, but import. That's the easiest method. Note that importing will break all connects between contacts and items linked to them and may also break distribution lists in the new file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, P...

Date formating bug
How do you stop excel from automatically turning information in a range (like 8-12) to a date (August 12). This makes me so angry I can spit nails because what should be a quick cut and paste becomes hours of extra work re-entering the ranges excel automatically changes to dates with a leading ' to make it text. Someone else has to have noticed this bug. Jim It's not a 'bug' it is a feature, 'by design'. It's great when you want it, but a real pain when you don't. You can however pre-format the range as text (Format>Cells>Number>Text) and ...

Formating shapes
I have a piece of VBA to produce a set of blacked out boxes with white text. These boxes are then "dragged into Photoshop as labels for a series of photos. All appears to work well until I get into Pshop where there is a white border around the box ( which to me is a pain in the $##). This is the code im using Am I missing something simple or is it a problem with Adobe? ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, Left_sq, Top_sq, 120, 120).Select Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Visible = msoTrue Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Solid Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 8...

date format #2
if two users are connecting to the same citrix server ,can both users have different date format?i.e,American date and english date. Is there a workaround for this ? Thank you Mary J. I can only give you scenarious on how you can accomplish this not knowing the details of your environment, and based on my experience with different client environments. Scenario 1. You can have two different Citrix boxes, one configured with a United States locale, the other one configured with a United Kindom locale, and of course, GP installed on each one. The US box can have the US version of GP ...

text formating
Can text be formatted as "small caps" in Excel? Can't find info, and when I try to copy something from Word the formatting is dropped. Hi not available in Excel as format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tomi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:962FAD75-0860-405B-8BB2-B17530CE83E6@microsoft.com... > Can text be formatted as "small caps" in Excel? Can't find info, and when I try to copy something from Word the formatting is dropped. Pat Finegan wrote a macro that changes the size of the font for the s...