Pipe Delimitation

Looking for an add in or macro that will allow export as
pipe delimited file.

one way:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

In article <22c4f01c45d69$636c07b0$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Joe" <Joe_Simmerer@educaid.com> wrote:

> Looking for an add in or macro that will allow export as
> pipe delimited file.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

importing delimited data into single column
Is there a way in Excel 2007 to import spacedelimited data into a single column? The format of the input file is: word1 word2 word3 word 4 word5 word6 word7 word8 .. . . When I do a text import, it goes into multiple columns. Thanks in advance Make sure the name of the file has an extension of .txt. Then use Ctrl-0 (equivalent of file|open) to open the text file. You'll be prompted with a wizard that will allow you to import the text file anyway you want. On 10/30/2010 16:39, inspired wrote: > Is there a way in Excel 2007 to import spacedelimited data into a > single ...

Named Pipes vs TCP/IP in Citrix Environment
We have about 20 users that connect remotely to our Great Plains using Remote Desktop and Citrix server. When they log in to Great Plains, the login screen, of course, asks them for the server name... the server name they use is an ODBC that we have set up actually on the Citrix server, and it is defined to use TCP/IP. However, when we go into Enterprise Manager on the SQL Server, and view Process Info, every one of these remote connections says it is connected via Named Pipes instead of TCP/IP (like our local users are). Named Pipes IS one of the options available on the server-side in SQL...

Importing Tab Delimited Text File to an Existing Table in Access
Office 2007, just upgraded from 2000 ( OMGOODNESS!! What a flippin' NIGHTMARE!!) I am simply trying to import a tab delimited text file into an existing table in Access. In Office 2000, I was given an opportunity to change the data type of columns to be imported during the import process itself. In 2007, I am not given an option and end up with import errors for every single row of data (over 1.5 million rows) because it reads a text field of numbers as a number datatype. I can find no documentation on how to solve my problem as Microsoft only provides information for...

Splitting comma delimited column in two
I've inherited a table where they have one column for Name and they've stored in it "LastName, FirstName". I'd like to retrieve that out in a SELECT statement and return LastName (everything up to the comma) as one column and FirstName (everything after the space after the comma) as another. I figure it has something to do with using CHARINDEX and SUBSTRING but I can't get the right combination. So, stored in Name is: Jones, Fred Smith, Alice and I'd like to get: Lastname Firstname Jones Fred Smith ...

question related to pipe
hi everyone and specially to voidcoder, i tried the CreateProcess and then created one pipe between those two processes. and i am able to get the data very well but my while(ReadFile(hReadEnd,str,SIZE1,&dwRead,NULL)) { Buffer += str; } is becoming a blocking call can anybody help please Regards and thanks Harshal Sorry, didn't get your problem. Do you want to use it in async mode? In that case try to use overlapped ReadFile() calls. Also note RedFile() returns TRUE even no data actually returned. You may want to check the "NumberOfBytesRead" value: while(ReadFile(...

saving semicolon-delimited files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is Excel able to save files as semicolon-delimited? In article <59bae6aa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, sjguglielmo@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Is Excel able to save files as semicolon-delimited? Whatever app it is that wants semicolon-delim files: delete it and get something which conforms to universal standards. -- Team EM to the rescue! http://www.team-em.com sjguglielmo@officeformac.com wr...

Delimited Files
Can anyone please tell me what these are and how to fix them. Thanks Les. A delimited file is a file that has a character separating fields (or columns). A common example would be a comma separated file (CSV). When used with Excel, you can tell Excel what the delimiter in the file is and Excel will separate the file fields into columns. (With CSV files, Excel assumes it's delimited by commas). You'd need to be more specific as to the problem as far as fixing one goes. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone please tell me what these are and how to fix them. > &g...

231
Hi, I'm working on a pipe server & client program. The pipe server is asynchronous and multithreaded. I used the following method to create the server: // code below is inside the Run() method of the server thread class OVERLAPPED ol; ZeroMemory(&ol, sizeof(OVERLAPPED)); HANDLE hArray[2]; hArray[0] = ol.hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, TRUE, FALSE, NULL); hArray[1] = m_hStopEvent; // a global shutdown event while(bStop==FALSE) { HANDLE hServerPipe = CreateNamedPipe (m_szServerName, PIPE_ACCESS_DUPLEX|FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED|WRITE_DAC,PIPE_TYPE_MESSAGE | PIPE_READMODE_MESSAGE |...

piping dsquery output to a file
Hi, I've been given a list of close to one hundred users that need to have their password reset. I am planning on using dsmodify to do this. I only have the users first and last name. using dsquery user -name "lastname, firstname" I can get the full DN of the user which I can they put in a file to run dsmodify. I want to be able to do dsquery user -name "lastname, firstname" >dsquery.txt The problem is, that if I do this for the one hundred users I have, it overwrites the file so that when I'm done it only displays the last user that I ran the ...

Comma delimited question
When I paste several lines of comma delimited text into a worksheet I get the icon to use the text import wizard. Then I have to select delimited and comma everytime I paste. How can I set that as the default for that worksheet? As I paste entries several times it becomes rather annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Carol It's been my experience that excel likes to remember what you used the previous time (within the same excel session). So once you do data|text to columns, excel will remember this when you paste that comma delimited stuff the second time. If you close the workbo...

save as pipe delimited
hi, please help me in this, it is an urgent requirement. i have an excel file with several columns of data, spanning over 6500 rows. i would like to extract the data to a file with the data separated wit a pipe '|' character, instead of tab or comma. can this be done? if so, how do i go about achieving this? thanks in advance, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Pipe Delimitation
Looking for an add in or macro that will allow export as pipe delimited file. one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <22c4f01c45d69$636c07b0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Joe" <Joe_Simmerer@educaid.com> wrote: > Looking for an add in or macro that will allow export as > pipe delimited file. ...

PIPE question
Hi I would like to know how to read data from console using pipes line by line. If some one tries to run the application "type a.txt | myapp" where a.txt contains Hello World where as myapp is #include <stdio.h> int main { char buff[1024] = {0}; int Count = 0; while(fgets(buff, 1023, stdin)) { printf(" Data read by STDIN: %d: %s ", Count, buff); Count++; } return 0; } How can I try the same thing using Pipes. I tried the following code but it is not working. #include <windows.h> int main() { HANDLE hInput = NULL; char buff[1024] ...

Where to find Excel sheet with Pipe & Forging charts and sizes.
I would like to find an excel sheet that has pipe sizes in a chart, and possibly weights. Also a chart for forgings like flanges, weld necks etc... in excel spread sheet. Thanks in advance. I suspect you'll have to create your own. "auto" wrote: > I would like to find an excel sheet that has pipe sizes in a chart, and > possibly weights. Also a chart for forgings like flanges, weld necks > etc... in excel spread sheet. Thanks in advance. > > > auto, You can probably find this information on a web page somewhere. Google it. You can then co...

Preferred Option with 3meg pipe
What would be the preferred implementation setup for a site with a central office and a sub-office connected by a 3meg pipe? I'm guessing that the users in the sub-office would be better with offline Outlook clients. Anyone care to share some experience? Thanks, Stephen ...

anonymous pipes
hi group, i am very new to mfc. and trying to communicate via ipc with the child process. but some things i didnot understand after reading the documents. 1) redirecting input and output of the child process i have to use two pipes --because it anonymous pipe is only one directional so that for data to child process one pipe --and for data from child process another pipe.(understood) 2)the child process inherits the handles so before creating child process make duplicate copies of that hadle.(i didn't got this point.)from what i read they say that child should not inherit that hand...

Multiple Delimiters
I'm trying to import a text file into a blank xls file. It has delimters of bars (I guess - looks like an l with nothing at the top or bottom.) It works fine if there's only one delimiter but if there are two or more together I can't get the columns specified. How do I do that? Thanks, Doug There's an option to "treat consecutive delimiters as one" on that text to columns wizard (step 2 of 3???). Maybe you can check it or uncheck it (depending on how you want it treated). Doug Mc wrote: > > I'm trying to import a text file into a blank xls file. &...

Named Pipe Security Problem,...
Hi, maybe this does not fit into this user group, but i dont know where to ask. Well i've written a windows service that runs with System account and creates a Named Pipe. The Pipe is created with lpSecurityAttributes = NULL. The Service starts successfully and i can control it with standard commands and my user defined ones. Now i wrote a C#.NET Frontend from where i want to send a byte stream to the Pipe created inside the service, but i always get a GetLastError=5 whenever i try to send my bytes from my client app. I know that i have to set the lanmanserver's registry key (paramete...

TimeOut when reading from a pipe
In my application a window cmd.exe is created. All inputs and outputs between the application and cmd.exe are exchanged over pipes. From the cmd-window the data is read by using ReadFile(). If I call ReadFile() when there is no data to read from cmd.exe the functions hangs and doesn't return. How can I configure ReadFile() that it returns after an elapsed time. SetCommTimeouts() doesn't work for this problem. Other possible solutions? Thanks for help // Save the handle to the current STDIN, STDOUT m_hStdin = GetStdHandle(STD_INPUT_HANDLE); m_hStdout = GetStdHandle(STD...

Can someone help; pipe delimited text import not working
Im trying to import a pipe delimited text file into access 2007 and I get the following message when I try to finish the import "Method Execute TempImexSpec' of object '_Wizhook'failed. It doen't seem to be recognizing the "|" pipe sysmbol I entered? Help nothing seems to be working for me. Thanks Char Char - Can you import the text manually (which is how you usually set up import specs anyway)? It could be a data issue or an import spec issue... Can you copy the import text file and remove all but maybe the first few records and see if o...

pipes with Redirected Input and Output
vc++ 6.0 Example in the following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/creating_a_child_process_with_redirected_input_and_output.asp Calling ReadFile(...) twice with no data available for the second call the function runs into an endless loop. Is it possible to configure the pipes so the functions ends with a "NO_MORE_DATA result"? I already tried to configure a timeout: SetCommTimeouts(). The functions returns the Error Code 1 ("ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION"). ...

How To Import Text File With No Delimiters?
I have a text file with over 2,000 names that look like the following: Mr. Benoit Smith 120 Adam Street Dorchester, MA 02124 Marcus Darbouze 1553 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02126 American Public Health Initiatives 10 Fairway Street Mattapan, MA 02126 Most consist of 3 lines some as many as 5. The text file has no delimiters so that when I import/open it in Excel it becomes just one very long column. I need to convert it or parse it into any other database friendly importable format i.e., .dbf, .xls, .csv etc. What I need is to convert it into a table with up to five header rows: head1 he...

Email Piping
Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can run on windows. To get some of the features to work email piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this possible with Exchange? "Peter Fraser" <p_lfraser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a >helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can >run on windows. To get some of the features to work email >piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this >possible with Exchange? No. At least ...

catch array from pipe
hello, i have a script to sign file. but it will only sign the last file passed down. (ls *.ps1 | sign) ps didn't show any syntax error. could you help point it out? function global:sign { param( [Parameter(mandatory=$true,ValueFromPipeline=$true)][System.io.fileinfo[]]$fileList ); foreach ( $file in $fileList ) { set-authenticodesignature -filepath $file -certificate ( ls cert:\CurrentUser\my -codesigning ); } } I think this is a common trap (at least for me). You have to specify in the function that the block of code is process part: function ...

Where do I find pipe fittings
I need shapes for pipe fittings like Elbows Tees and flanges. Visio Professional has a Plumbing and Piping Plan template under the Building Plan category. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "gila-ben" <gila-ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6C42177-C8CE-4AAD-86AA-8D564B7270DB@microsoft.com... >I need shapes for pipe fittings like Elbows Tees and flanges. ...