pie charts

I wanted to know if there was a way to make the pie chart more
interactive and more user friendly.

The question that I have is:

Is it possible for Excel to automatically move/add an 'arc' through
exploded pie chart, within each individual slice.  Without having t
insert a text box and manually create each arc that is needed.

EXAMPLE:

In the area of "Customer Service" the group wants to become a Level
from a Level 4; by just entering the number in to a worksheet rathe
than in a text box on the chart itself.

I have an example attached so you could get a visual look at it

Thanks for everyones help
Lee Palmer

PLEASE REPLY TO:
Peter.Palmer@ubs.co

            Attachment filename: balanced wheel.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=40587

Comparative charts
I want to do a simple bar chart showing sales for each day this year, with right next to it, sales from the same day last year. How would I setup my table to do this? I am dumping data from another source. THANKS! Kelli Set up your data with days down column A, with the years as headings in row 1. For example: 2004 2005 1 100 125 2 125 132 Select a cell in the table, and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Jon Peltier has a Charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Kelli wrote: > I want to do a simple bar...

highlighting different sections of a line chart
I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight certain areas of continuous time with shading of different colour. Is this or something similar possible? Oliver - Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Oliver S" <OliverS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53707664-425A-4279-ABCA-EC8EBE117B30@microsoft.com... >I have a line graph that runs over time. i would like to highlight c...

>250 characters in a chart title
How can I allow >250 characters in a chart title? Is there any way at all? I know it can temporarily "allow" it, but it doesn't even Copy>Paste properly into Word (it's missing the characters that go over 250). Could you delete the title and use a regular textbox? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "databird" <databird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78064720-949B-47A5-82DC-E7AA989A89AC@microsoft.com... > How can I allow...

XY Scatter Chart
I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the xy scatter format. Thanks Here is a works around, I will assume the data is in columns Select the data and copy Move to an unused part of the worksheet; used Edit | Paste Special, specify Transpose Put borders on the new 'table' and adjust the column width Select the new table; with SHIFT help down use Edit; use the Copy as Picture item Move to your chart and copy the picture o...

Swing Chart with dynamic Range
I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that grows as more data is added. Any ideas? Thank You Joe Hi, For information on the dynamic ranges have a read of Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Depending on which stock chart you want you will need 3 to 5 named ranges. Cheers Andy Joseph Sayah wrote: > I would like to create a swing chart (stock chart) with a dynamic range that > grows as more data is added. > > Any ideas? > > Thank You > Joe -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

how to create "magic grid" chart with names in it
Hi. I want to create a "gartner's magic quadrant" like grphics. I use the scatter plot to draw two variables into a single point, BUT when I want to name the dots I can't use the name instead the value. vulnerabilidad probabilidad impacto Incendio 2 4 inundacion 2 3 robo 3 5 aceso no autorizado 5 4 perdida de integridad 4 5 falla de energia 3 2 Thanks.... Gonzalo Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy gconcha.ci...

pie charts
I wanted to know if there was a way to make the pie chart more interactive and more user friendly. The question that I have is: Is it possible for Excel to automatically move/add an 'arc' through exploded pie chart, within each individual slice. Without having t insert a text box and manually create each arc that is needed. EXAMPLE: In the area of "Customer Service" the group wants to become a Level from a Level 4; by just entering the number in to a worksheet rathe than in a text box on the chart itself. I have an example attached so you could get a visual look at ...

Charting a table
I have a bar chart and a pie chart as objects occupying a dedicated chart worksheet, and I would like to add a small table to complete my presentation on a single page. I first started by saving the small table as a gif file, but I am not sure whether it can be successfully imported into the chart worksheet or not. Any ideas for how to proceed? Thanks in advance. Brad On the chart sheet, choose Insert>Picture>From File, and insert the file you saved. Or, you can copy and paste worksheet cells onto the chart as a picture: Select the table on the worksheet Choose Edit>Co...

watermarking charts
is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, but i would prefer a better way, if there is one. You can prepare a picture in a graphics program, then add it to the plot area: Right-click the plot area Choose Format Plot Area Click the Fill Effects button On the Picture tab, click Select Picture Locate and select your picture file Click Insert Click OK, click OK jiwolf wrote: > is it possible to place a watermark on an excel chart? i have managed to > "fudge it" with a jpeg in the plot area, ...

How do i make a Progress Chart
I need to make a chart and a scorecard to show progress on projects that have been completed, that are in progress, that are behind, and that are defeered. I want to know how to make a chart of this information but i am not sure on how to do it. ...

Delete Chart
How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ agac8103 wrote: > How do I delete a chart that will not allow me to click on it? It's not protected. "Jon Peltier" wrote: > If the sheet has been protected, you need to unprotect it first (Tools menu). > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Peltier Technical S...

Pie of pie of pie
The present pie of pie allows us to create pie charts upto 2 level. I want to create 3 level pie charts(pie of pie of pie). How can I do that? -- Rash Edward Tufte once said words to this effect: "The only thing worse than a pie chart is two pie charts." I imagine that a pie of pie of pie is even worse. I would try to display the data using a series of column or bar charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rash" <Rash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Easy charting question (hopefully)
Hi All, This should be a fairly simple one but I can not find through Google or Microsoft on how to accomplish it. My rows of data have 14 columns. One of those columns I would like to do a count on, so for example the COLUMN of data looks like: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Pears Pears Zuchini I want a chart that shows a count for each one, so there would be 3 apples, 1 oranges, 2 pears, and 1 zuchini. This would then be in a bar chart. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help, SD Perhaps this: Sub Test() Dim r As Range, c As Range Dim cht As Chart Dim s As Series Dim ws As Worksh...

Possible to add second data label to pie chart?
I am trying to automate a large number of charts. The problem I am having is adding a second label to a pie chart. I have added the name of the slice and its percentage but I'd like to add an additional lable centered in the slice with its point change from last year. I can do this by hand with text boxes but its a real pain. Is there a way to add a label that changes based on what I put into a cell? Here is an example of what I am trying to do. [image: http://www.bgphc.com/picture/chart-example.gif] -- jpwolf00 --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel Chart #3
I've created a chart in Excel with two x axis', I am trying to add a 3rd data source to plot on the chart, when I add the 3rd source, my second line disappears. Maybe, you have the same problem that Mark has in the concurrent discussion "Adding multiple source data to chart" -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <007601c3aa0d$5d64cdd0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a ...

how to produce horizontal line chart of point est & 95% ci's
hello there, would appreciate help and advice to help me. i have six columns of data. the first column is a string variable, the second and third columns are numerical variables (year, population size n). these first three columns would be my y-axis on the left. if it would help make it easier, then i can combine these three columns into one column (e.g. arthur 1999 30,000) . the fourth, fifth and sixth columns are lower limit of the point estimate's 95% confidence interval, point estimates itself and the upper limit of 95% confidence interval (e.g. 0.32(0.51)0.73). these last co...

Pie Pie or Pie Bar Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel These charts appear in the chart gallery yet the methods to implement them are not obvious to me. Been through all the Mac Excel 2008 help (including on line) - no luck. How does one format or specify the data table so that a component of the main pie will be broken down in the secondary pie or bar? Excel 2008 Help on charts really is one of the better aspects of Help in the 2008 suite, but it does fall short in some areas... That's one of them. Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA...

changing default fill for balck and white pie graph
Working in excel 2003, I have created a black and white pie graph and want to change the fill options for each slice of the pie. Excel defaults are not pleasing to me Hi, You need to select the pie, pause and then select the slice. CTRL+1 to display format dialog. On the Patterns tab you can use the Fill Effects button to select appropriate pattern. Repeat to other slices. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "fish head" <fish head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE6DE23-176C-4C33-8F56-C5FF20BB123B@microsoft.com....

Line chart problem sorry..
Hit wrong button Here is problem again: Year Numbers 2003 1254 2002 2376 2001 2143 I select info and go thru chart wizard. On the cat x axis I expect see the years but get a sequence of numbers unrelated to the Year column and also of less entris that are in year column. I have formatted the columns as text can anyone help with this please? Thanks Kit Kit - Excel cannot chart text, it insists on numbers. Format at least the Numbers column as numerical values. If you are making a line or column chart, the years don't matter, but if you're making an XY Scatter chart, you h...

charting on/off status
I need to chart the on or off status of a device. I would like for the chart to show a "1" on the y-axis when the device is on and a "0" on the y-axis when the device is off. The x-axis would show the time. If the device comes on at 9:00 am my data recorder records a record with a value of "1" at 9:00. Data recorder's next record is a "0" at 9:23 when the device changes to the off state. Can someone help me to chart this type of information? In the end, I have 4 data recorders that I want to plot on the same chart to determine when the...

Bar Charts #2
I am trying to create a basic bar chart to include 3 seperate cells of information employee name year salar I have been successful in getting the employees names in the Legend corresponding to the color coded bar, the year on the left hand side of the chart (Y) axis but I have not been able to get the salary to show in the (X) axis Am I missing a step or am I just using the wrong chart type Thank yo -Jen Jenn - If you arrange your data like this and make your bar chart: John Smith 1995 21,000 1996 22,000 1997 25,000 1998 27,000...

Copying Excel charts to PowerPoint
I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a bitmap to be readable. In article <CF42E141-10AE-4123-9C53-AB8CCEDAB431@microsoft.com>, Cheezeman wrote: > I would like to knowwhy some Excel charts do not copy to PowerPoint correctly > when using Paste Special, Copy as Excel Object but have to ne copied as a > bitmap to be readable. Please mention the version of PowerPoint and Excel you're using, describe as clearly as you can the problem you're seeing...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Discounting null entries from Pie & Bar Chart
Hello all, I've got a simple and colourful Worksheet that updates itself live depending on data that is pasted into sheet 2 of it. The thing is, when people are all in it's fine, everything is plotted correctly(http://hayn.gotadsl.co.uk/excelfull.jpg), but when several people are absent it munches them all together. Notice the circled segment on this screenshot below: http://hayn.gotadsl.co.uk/excel.jpg How can I stop that? I just want it not to plot the absent people. --Nick. -- http://www.sendit.com/scp/id/what - Want DVDs/Games? icq: 9235201 -- Hayn on dal.net - Mmmm... choc...

waterfall charts #2
once you delete colors on charts by selecting no color and no border, how do you get colors back in for that selection on the bar chart? Hi, If you are having trouble selecting the now invisible bar try the following. Click on any of the bars that are visible in that series. Then use the right arrow cursor key to cycle through the bars in that series. Once the invisible bar is selected use CTRL+1 to display the Format dialog. If none of the bars are available for selection in that series just select the chart and use the up arrow cursor key to cycle through the major elements of the ...