picking out matched data

I have 2 different sets of data each with 3 columns.  I am going to place the
2 sets of data on Sheet 1 of a spreadsheet and Sheet 2 of a spreadsheet.  The
data in a row across the 3 columns pertains to each other. This is true for
the data on each sheet.  I need to take the data from sheet 1 and have it
match up with any entries that exist on sheet 2, and have it show these
matches on sheet 3.  The problem is the data in sheet 1 and 2 are not exactly
the same.  On sheet 1 the data is: Customer Name, Transaction#, Acct#.  On
Sheet 2 the data is:  Customer Name, Reference #, Acct#.  I will only
necessarily need the data from the first sheet to show up on sheet 3 (Name,
Trans #, Acct#).

Please help!

Consolidating data
Hi folks, I have a huge number of records (approx 140,000). These represent patients attending a doctor's clinic. I am trying to harvest the data and obtain figures for how many times each patient has attended the clinic. I could use Countif but I do not want to add 5000 different patients as the lookup. Suggestions welcome! Thanks, Danny Danny J, Break the data up into manageable chunks on separate sheets. Then select one of the chunks, and use Data | Pivot Table. When you create your pivot table, drag the name first to the row fields, and then again to the data items....

Matching QIF downloads to wrong amounts?!
When I download a QIF statement from my credit union, Microsoft Money decides to "match" it to some completely unrelated transaction up to 2 months prior with a completely different payee and a completely different AMOUNT! This stupid program is even taking reconciled transactions and matching them up with downloaded ones, throwing the account out of balance by moving these transactions onto a completely different statement with different amounts! Then it complains about the starting balance being wrong, which is a result of it's own stupidity! How do you tell Microsoft Money th...

Invoice Matching by receipt number
Some of our clients using Great Plains are always invoiced according to shipment received, so they typically are matching against a shipment receipt rather than the PO number. It would be great if in the left pane of the invoice matching window you can choose to match by the receipt number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

filtering data with a variable
i wish to filter a list by using the contains option, but i want to filter with contains a varible with its cell, then return the filtered result, cell a only to another part of my sheet, can this be done. example Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*test*", Operator:=xlAnd i want to replace test with a variable name, I have tried removing the speech marks but cannot seem to get it right, any help greatly recieved johny Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*" & yourvariablenamehere & "*" john.9.williams@bt.com wrote: > > i wis...

How to move GP 7.5 Data to SBM 7.5
Hi, Is there a 'How To' for moving a company from GP 7.5 to SBM 7.5? I did a backup and restore in SQL Manager, but I'm getting errors that I think relate to differences in the account framework. Also, I get SOP not setup properly message when I try to use Quotes, Orders Incovices in SBM. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Josh ------=_NextPart_0001_6DD81F48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Joshua, Thank you for posting in newsgroups! There is not a migration tool or 'How To' for moving a company from Great Plains 7.5 to SBM 7.5. There...

entering data in forms
Access 2002; Users entering same entries in different rows. (example: state)Would like to have the words inserted after the first few letters/numbers are entered much like Excel. They would enter Kentucky the first time and then the next rows when Ke or Ken is typed, Kentucky shows as input. Is this possible? How? A combo box with AutoExpand property set to Yes does that very thing, -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Cabfl" wrote: > Access 2002; Users entering same entries in different rows. (example: > state)Would like to have the words inserted after ...

Data Import Utility
Hello All, I need RMS data import utility.Can any1 guide me OR give me the utility.i have thousands of Lookup codes in Excel & notepad format and i need to import all of them in RMS database.I can use DTS in Sql Server but that is not feasible. Thank & Regards Junaid- This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0382_01C6A431.25D77DB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Junaid, I gave up on the SO Import Utility. Just didn't have the control we = needed. We use EMS SQL Import; http://www.sql...

Excel Sheet loses format when paste new data
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have a sheet that I want to format with bold or font size and be able to paste data into it from csv files that are emailed to me. I want to end up with a sheet that is in the format I set the sheet up originally for. I hoped not to have to reformat each and every entry as I past new data in. Is there a way to set columns or rows to be a certain font size, bold, regular and have any data pasted in assume the new sheet's format that was set in the cell being pasted to? Paste Special "Values" or use Data>...

How to create 3 axes chart based on three series of data

picking out matched data
I have 2 different sets of data each with 3 columns. I am going to place the 2 sets of data on Sheet 1 of a spreadsheet and Sheet 2 of a spreadsheet. The data in a row across the 3 columns pertains to each other. This is true for the data on each sheet. I need to take the data from sheet 1 and have it match up with any entries that exist on sheet 2, and have it show these matches on sheet 3. The problem is the data in sheet 1 and 2 are not exactly the same. On sheet 1 the data is: Customer Name, Transaction#, Acct#. On Sheet 2 the data is: Customer Name, Reference #, Acct#...

Transfering data from one spreadsheet to another.
I have a spreadsheet that is created by a program I use at work. I run this report weekly and there are hundreds of loads each week. The spreadsheet has the info I need but not in the right format. I need to know if there is a way to pull this info into another spreadsheet in the format I am looking for without a bunch of copying and pasteing. He is an example of what the report looks like Load# Destination Charge Desc. Charges Total 12345 Columbus, OH Fuel $100 $300 12345...

Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list
I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area' selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Stewart, See Debra Dalgleish's Depend...

Consolidating Data between worksheets that removes dulicates
I am interested in tracking lab values that my staff enter into a daily worksheet. I would like to compile monthly percentages (% low, % in range, % high) but sometimes it is necessary to have duplicate data on consecutive worksheets for my staff's workflow. These duplicate values will cause my percentages (and absolute numbers) to be incorrect if I just sum between the worksheets. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you, Jody ...

Retrieving Data From a Chart
I would like to build a formula that allows me to go back 50 records in the database to locate and list how many records since the last time the farthest back of the 3 evaluated cells last occurred. example: ,,,,,,,,,,,,C42 9,,,,6,,,,2 ,,,,,,,,,,,,C48 0,,,,7,,,3 A49 7,,,,4,,,,1 A51 B51 C51 (The evaluated cells) 3,,,,7,,,,2 Therefore, the result would list 9, because from the cell values 3,7,2, #2 was the furtherest back in the last 50 records. It last occurred 9 records ago. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and po...

Importing data from XML
I just wont to import and update the data supplied by this xml source: http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/usd.xml into a normal xls sheet. It seems easy and it worked until recently but now it doesn't work. Seems like a sort of schema error but I don't understand what is wrong. How were you trying to get the data? QueryTable? Direct via XPath? A bit more detail would be helpful. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 06:29:02 -0800, Svilen <Sv...

Excel graphed trendline does not match derived equation
I have a scatter-point chart and I have been able to plot the linear trendline through those scatter points. I then formatted the linear trendline and got the equation for the line. However, I noticed that the y-intercept (7.9...) of the actual line that was graphed by Excel is not the same as the y-intercept (8.9573) for the equation that Excel derived from the graphed line. The actual Excel graphed line and the line the equation appear to be parallel to each other. As a result, entering data into the equation supposedly derived from the graphed line will not result in the line tha...

Linearising Access Data
Hi, This may be obvious, but it has been puzzling me and I would have thought that it comes up quite often� I been sent a large access database containing a table of the form: ID Date 1 2 3 4 ..etc 34 01/01/05 4565 73 56 876 �. 34 01/02/05 87 876 786 876 �. And I want to convert into another Access table in the format: ID Date Hour Value 34 01/01/05 1 4565 34 01/01/05 2 73 34 01/01/05 3 56 34 01/01/05 4 876 etc.. 34 01/02/05 1 87 etc.. Any body got any suggestions on the quickest way of doing this bearing in mind the original database has close to 90,000 entries so manipulating in Excel...

Chart Data Recovery
I have a dilemma I have a spreadsheet that only has a chart in it, that was linked to another spreadsheet. The other spreadsheet has disappeared (HD died and data was not recoverable and no backups were made). I can see that the chart still has all of the correct data points in it, because I cna hover the mouse over the line and it will tell me the values. Is there a way to extract the data from the chart so I can rebuild my original spreadsheet. The amount of data is 4 daily readings of 4 different values from the Financial markets over thelast 4 years, so it is a lot of data. Any...

Data Entry
I know that you can go to tools/options/edit to change the next cell after you enter. I would like to go across the row instead of down the column. Is there any way to make that selection just for a workbook, . The change seems to be global until you change the preference again. Thanks, one way is to add this code in your sheet code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1).Activate End Sub play with it. Cesar Zapata John wrote: > I know that you can go to tools/options/edit to change the next cell after > you enter. I would like to ...

how to Match
Hi could you tellme i have some data in Sheet1 and sheet2 both sheet have some same names and numbers how can i find out? It really depends on how your data is laid out and what you want to compare. If I'm trying to find out if a single cell's value is in column A of a different sheet, I'd use a formula in an adjacent cell: =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) It'll return True if it's there, false if it's missing. If I wanted to check the value of two cells in the same row against two columns in the other sheet, I'd create a new column on both sheets...

Error writing OLE data
I inserted some JPG pictures. Now I can't save my file. I get : "An error (1441) occurred during the action Save. There was an error reading or writing OLE data." Now what?? I'm using Visio 2003 SP2. Barry Hi Barry, Can't reproduce the issue but clearly some or all pictures are containing an corruption Some suggestions: try to save the .jpg picture one by one to determine if one of the pictures is the culprit try inserting in another format format such as .bmp, .png, .gif etc try other office applications, if you don't experience a problem then copy&...

Pasting Data into a webpage text box
Simon move my posting at the codecage from excel to word so i'm reposting at MS so it appears where I wanted the posting. I'm working om a Webpage project where I'm copying from a word document to a webpage with a box similar to the message box I'm presently typing in. The webpage doesn't allow modifying the innertext or innerHTML. I saved the word document to HTM file format. I then open the html file as a text file and perform a readall. Then simply move it to the outter html IE.myobject.outterhtml = fs.readall This destroys the box and just displays th...

Data Validation #22
I have data validation on two sheets of a single workbook. On one sheet the dropdown list appears when the cell is selected. However, on the second sheet the dropdown list does not appear. I have checked the "incell drop-down" option for both sheets. Infact I have been using this workbook for a while and it worked until I allowed others to work on it. The data validation has not been deleted. How can I solve this problem? Thanks for your help. If you delete the row that contains the cell with the problem data|validation, then insert a new row in its place (and put back all the ...

Pick cell from chart
I am developing an estimating spreadsheet that calculates labor hours. I have built a separate 10 column and 6 row chart with info I want to pull into the estimating spreadsheet. The colums are labeled as "Difficulty Factors" and the rows are labeled as "Pipe Sizes". Each intersecting cell is a portion of a labor hour. The estimating sheet has 3 drop down lists. I want to build a IF AND statement that will select a intersecting cell in the chart if certain criteria from the drop down lists are true. There are 60 different cells in the chart. Is it necessary to write ...

Retrieving closest match
Can someone give me some guidance on how I can retrieve the closest value in a column to a target number, whether it be larger or smaller than the target number. VLOOKUP doesn't seem to work for what I am trying to accomplish. The problem is analogous to a series of guesses for the number of jellybeans in a jar, determining what is the closest guess to the actual number and return the winner's name. One way... Assume: A1:A10 are names B1:B10 are numeric values (that persons guess) D1 = lookup value (some number) Try this array formula** : =INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(MIN(ABS(B1:B10...