Perfoming calculations on answers from pervious calculations

Hi all

I have a user who is trying to perform a simple divide to a number of data
fields, however this data appears in the field due to a larger calculateion.
When she tries to put in the devide she get the orriginal calculation in the
cell rather than just the answer from it.  I've been told its just a setting
but i cant find it!!!  Any ideas anyone??

Cheers
--
Karl
"i'll start being nicer when you start being smarter"

Hi
maybe 'Tools - Options - Calculation' and check 'Automatic calculation
'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Karl Everett" <KarlEverett@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:6B54D5A6-0B23-4AE1-9F3C-3EFF20C1293C@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
>
> I have a user who is trying to perform a simple divide to a number of
data
> fields, however this data appears in the field due to a larger
calculateion.
> When she tries to put in the devide she get the orriginal calculation
in the
> cell rather than just the answer from it.  I've been told its just a
setting
> but i cant find it!!!  Any ideas anyone??
>
> Cheers
> --
> Karl
> "i'll start being nicer when you start being smarter"

0
frank.kabel (11126)

How can I calculate the area between axis and dataseries xl2002
I'm trying to calculate the area of a graph (data series) between the x-axis and the data-series in excel 2002. I don't know how. Please help! Evert, With your X-values in A1:A11, and your Y values in B1:B11, the formula =SUMPRODUCT((B2:B11+B1:B10)*(A2:A11-A1:A10))/2 with return the trapezoidal approximation of the area under the curve. Obviously, the smaller the interval of your X values, the better the resolution of the approximation. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Evert" <Evert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9C72F5B-AF26-436A-B6A5-B40EE99BBD3...

Calculating Returns
10-Oct-07 10000 Goog 20-Nov-08 2000 intc 29-Nov-08 4000 intc 21-Nov-09 goog -20000 21-Nov-09 intc -10000 How do I calculate returns for Goog and Intc individually, if I sold on the 21st Nov, and bought on three different dates? I have a big list of such transactions. I want to calculate returns for individual stocks. Your example is not clear. You do not show a before/after I am a retired Reg Mgr for ING and held a series 7. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. Yo...

Calculating Expiration Dates
I am tracking seminars staff attend. I need to track when certain training expires (First Aide Training needs to be done every 3 years). Some training is good for 1 year and others are good for 3 years. These are my fields: Type:(Dropdown field with CPR, First Aide) Date: Date of Seminar Today-Date: Date()-[Date] 1Yr: IIf([Today-Date]>365,"Yes","No") 3Yr: IIf([Today-Date]>1095,"Yes","No") FirstAide Expired: IIf([Type]="First Aide",[3Yr]) CPR Expired: IIf([Type]="CPR",[1Yr]) I get correct information returned on my 1YR and 3...

outlook perfomance
I have office 97 and works 2000 suite(which includes word 2000) on my computer. My outlook program was installed with office 2000 at an earlier date but outlook 2000 is no longer availableto me. My contact and address list is not working properly, what can I do to solve this problem at least cost? Sam. ...

calculation: automatic?
would somebody please tell me how to change the defaut calculation setting inside options to automatic from manual? I can't have this change be permanent, I would like that everytime I open a workbook the setting is defaulted to calculate= automatic. Please, HELP!!! Leo. And reset it to Auto when the file is closed? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Leo Rod" <leo@rod_com> wrote in message news:uFAbJH%237HHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > would somebody please tell me how to change the defaut calculati...

how to analyze perfomance
I have one end-user machine which gets really slow when performing one partcilulaer task of my application. Since that is a end-user machine, I don't have debugger available. Are there some other tools to analyze the performance? Thanks. Wanjun You can put your own performance hooks in just by calling timer functions. It depends on how fine a grain of timing you need as to whether you use QueryPerformanceCounter or GetTick. joe On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:08:21 -0500, "Wanjun Yu" <wanjun_yu@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have one end-user machine which gets really slow whe...

how to calculate regression coefiicient,draw a linear graph
Try: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/864c89cf2a74193d James A. Fortune MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com ...

between calculation?
Can anyone help me with a little problem? Im sure you can I have a row of cells with percentages in so looks something like this 189% 140% 130% 120% 116% etc etc. Any way what I want to acheive is in the colum next to this I woul like a formula that would say if the value in the percentage colum wa between 200%-175% then it would be 30p. Or if its between 174.99%-150 then it will be 25p. Working its way down to zero. Can this be done in Excel? As I dont know where to start I have trie a few formulas myself and got a response of complete mash : -- Message posted from http://www...

Calculating time differences
Can someone send me to examples of code to show me how to calculate time differences. The times will not pass midnight of any day. This will be used to calculate payroll. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks. -- Don Rountree Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0004.htm http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Calculating-Elapsed-Time -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "Don" wrote: > Can someone send me to examples of code to show me how to calculate time > differences...

Calender calculation
I have the following layout on one worksheet: A . B . C . 1 Room 1 2 10/1/05 3 8:00 AM John Doe 4 Team Meeting 5 9:00 AM 6 7 10:00 AM In the above example, B3 - B6 would be merged to represent that John Doe has a Team meeting in Room 1 on 10/1/05 from 8AM - 9:30AM. Is there a formula(s) that can transfer to another worksheet the following: A . B . C . D . E 1 Titl...

Calculations adding Text formats #2
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? It depends on when you do the formatting. If you enter a number and then reformat the cell to text, it will still show u...

Calculate age
I have an Excel Spreadsheet that contains a column of dates of birth in the format of dd/mm/yy. Across row 1 I have the current year in column "C" followed by 2011 in column "D" etc. What I am trying to do is calculate the ages of all the people using the year of their birth and the years that appear in row 1. I have posted this previously to this discussion group, but I do not seem able to find the posting now. Thanks in advance. If you use Jan-20xx for the value in row 1, you can then subtract the date in column A from the value in Row 1 Column B, and divi...

Overflow error on calculate field in query
Hi all Access Gurus: I am calculating field (actual a percentage based on the values of two other fields in the query) and am getting an overflow error when I try to sort on this field after the query has been displayed. If I do not try to sort on this field after the query has been displayed my calculation displays the percentage fine. My calculation is: Percent:([Good]-[Bad])/[Good] In the table where [Good] and [Bad] come from they both have the data type Number (field size double). Can anyone please tell me how I can prevent the overflow error? I don't see ho...

How to add calculated field
Hi, I am trying to add a calculated field on a sales invoice. The sales invoice must have the functional currency as the foreign currency it was booked on. I've already add e.g. the originating extended price next to the f/o extended price, how can I create a field in the report footer that calculate the total amount for this invoice also in the originating currency? -- Elaine ...

percent calculation
In figuring a percentage amount excel differs by appx. 10.00 than my calculator. I have tried many numbers and keep getting differences, is there a way to correct this and which number is correct. How are you calculating the percentage? "Eileen" <elandman@rhinebeckarchitecture.com> wrote in message news:DAEDB0A0-1086-43C9-AD47-66D36E6DE114@microsoft.com... > In figuring a percentage amount excel differs by appx. 10.00 than my calculator. I have tried many numbers and keep getting differences, is there a way to correct this and which number is correct. ----...

Max Calculation
=G7*E7/C7 The results I have in this formula are correct as long as it does not go over 25. But I need it to stop changing the calculations once it goes over 25. Is there a way to Max? Example: G7 = Lot Charge( from 0 to 25) Do not want this to change if calculations reaches over 25. E7 = Total Square Inches C7 = Qty. Once my calcuation reaches over 25 do not change previous calculations. Thanks in advance! =MIN(G7*E7/C7,25) Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:51:26 -0700 (PDT), Bob <bobandrichard@comcast.net> wrote: >=G7*E7/C7 >The results I have in th...

Calculating new date by entering number of additional workdays
Would love some assistance with the following: If I have a start date in a cell (A1), I am hoping to enter a number of additional workdays into another cell (B1), resulting in a new date -- skipping weekends -- in a third cell (C1). Looking for the formula for C1. If it helps, here's an example: * Start date = 4/1/10 (which is a Thursday) * Additional workdays = 5 * Solution = 4/7/10 (because it skipped the weekend) Thanks in advance. Hi Ensure that you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded. Tools>Addins>Analysis Toolpak then with startdate in A1, number of days t...

Age Calculation
I have the following sample field and record Age ApprovedDate 40 15-05-2000 Age-number field that shows the current age in 2010 Approveddate - date field when the application was approved. How to calculate the age of the applicants at the point of approval. In the above example the age would be 30... Thanks On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:41:01 -0700, zyus <zyus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the following sample field and record > >Age ApprovedDate >40 15-05-2000 > >Age-number field that shows the current age in 2010 >A...

MS Word French Calculations
I have some documents which do calculations. These were prepared in MS Word 2000. The construction is Tables and fill in fields. The formulas are written to produce results. When I try to use the same in Word 2007 French Edition it gives all kinds of error messages. 1) Does French edition require formulas to be written in some different syntax? 2) In general Word 2007 uses different syntax? Thanks Nihar Mody -- Nihar Mody ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nihar Mody's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183443.h...

Date calculations #2
I'm looking for a way to calculate if a date is between to other dates then one thing, if not another thing. The situation is I rent a cabin year round. The pricing between Jan. 1 and May 25 is one Price, the rest of the time the Pricing is another . Gourd and Bob I knew I'd be back soon... LOL On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:03:01 -0500, "Barry" <candeman55@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a way to calculate if a date is between to other dates then >one thing, if not another thing. > >The situation is I rent a cabin year round. The pricing between ...

Problem getting Excel formula to Calculate
Hello, I'm building a spreadsheet to analyze how coupons are being redeemed within a range of postal codes and how revenue is affected between new and repeat customers. One of the formulas I'm using is: {=SUM(IF('ENTER INFO HERE'!$F$4:$F$15000="T9E",IF('ENTER INFO HERE'!$G$4:$G$15000="F125",'ENTER INFO HERE'!$C$4:$C$15000,0),0))} Column A= Store # Column C= New Customers Column D = Repeat Customers Column E= Revenue Generated Column F= Postal Code Column G= Coupon Code Column I= True or false value dependant on the value of Co...

Adding Plus/Minus Sign to Calculated Control in Report
I am trying to add a '+' and '-' to a calculated control. =IIf([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]>=0,"+", "-") returns the appropriate sign. However, when I try to add something after the sign, the control return a huge number. For example, =IIf([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]>=0,"+" & ([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post]),"-"&([txtq1pre]-[txtq1post])) yields a large number, when the underlying two numbers [txtq1pre] and [txtq1post] are both less than 5. Any help on my syntax? JDB wrote: >I am trying to add a '+' an...

Oppurtunities not calculating
How can I get my oppurtunities to calculate volume discounts? The quotes do this just fine, but the oppurtunities do not... Any help would be appreciated. The issue is that opportunities do not use discount lists to support volume discounts. The altnerative (not a good one) is to set the opportunity to not calculate; set it as user provided and have the user enter the amount of the opportunity. Linda >-----Original Message----- >How can I get my oppurtunities to calculate volume discounts? > >The quotes do this just fine, but the oppurtunities do not... > >Any h...

Strange perfomance on count witn group by
Hello all I've got a table without indexes about 1,300,000 records. Say, the structure of table is: create table T(A int, B int, C int) The expression like select count(*) from (select A, B, D = min(C) from T group by A, B) s run about 17 seconds and return value about 1,100,000 The second expression (don't ask me why I invent so strange query): select count(*) from T s inner join (select A _A, B _B, min(C) _C from T group by A, B) t on t._A = s.A and t._B = s.B and t._C = s.C run about 3 seconds and return the same value. My first query pl...

Calculating before and after
Hello All I have a calcualtion that adds up all klms driven up to 500 klms, then multiplies this number by 35 Kenya Shillngs to give the total amount that can be claimed. Absolute beginners stuff. However I am having problems with the calculation if the total klms driven go over the 500 Klms limit, and then each klm drops to 25 Kenya Shillings. Can this be done in one calculation? -- Drisconsult ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drisconsult's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34459 View this thread: http://w...